Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joyces take over Nestors supermarkets

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

Do the ex supervalu stores/ other joyces stores suffer from the incorrect till scanning that is prevalent at the athenry store? It has happenend to me & my wife & i have also seen other customers giving out over it. It is a constant issue.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

bluestone wrote: »
    Do the ex supervalu stores/ other joyces stores suffer from the incorrect till scanning that is prevalent at the athenry store? It has happenend to me & my wife & i have also seen other customers giving out over it. It is a constant issue.

That's happened me twice recently in fr griffin road, i just said the shelf edge label says x price, but i remember same in knocknacarra years ago when i lived out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

That's happened me twice recently in fr griffin road, I just said the shelf edge label says x price, but i remember same in knocknacarra years ago when I lived out there.
    +1 for knocnacarra. I watch the pricing there closely and I complain to raise awareness. I don't shop in Fr Griffin Rd much, haven't had it there so far, but the queue jumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

bluestone wrote: »

Oranmore guilty also. Has happened to me once shortly after the change over. Don't go there anymore so Don't know of its still ongoing.

Athenry is brutal for this and out of date merchandise. After getting stung a number of times, I double check everything (price and expiry) anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

Anytime I've been out in the Athenry one I've ALWAYS found mouldy/rotting fruit and veg, especially the lettuce and salads.

A lot of the products in Joyce's are purchased up north and are brought down south and stored centrally before being distributed, hence the very tight use-by dates. Don't know if the same applies to the fruit and veg though.

As predicted, Joyces voicebox, RGDATA, appeal against a competitor near a Joyces store

https://connachttribune.ie/independent-grocers-group-objects-to-lidl-knocknacarra-plans-400/

The representative group for small grocers, RGDATA, has objected to plans for a new Lidl supermarket in Knocknacarra, claiming it poses a threat to the future vitality of Galway City centre and existing shopping centres

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

As predicted, Joyces voicebox, RGDATA, appeal against a competitor near a Joyces store

https://connachttribune.ie/independent-grocers-group-objects-to-lidl-knocknacarra-plans-400/

The representative group for small grocers, RGDATA, has objected to plans for a new Lidl supermarket in Knocknacarra, claiming it poses a threat to the future vitality of Galway City centre and existing shopping centres

Tesco approve of it? I don't understand why they would even be asked. They won't necessarily have the best interests of customers at heart, they'll want what's best for them.
    Not saying it's a good idea or not to put it out there. Personally, I'd say more choice is a good thing but can see the need to keep the large chains with deep pockets in check. 
    Between the Apple farce, the crooked (imo) Supermacs stuff going on and now this. It seems there is a lot of corruption going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I don't get any of that, where I live sometimes, there are Tesco, Dunnes, Lidl, Aldi and locally owned Centra, Spar and Londis as well as many other speciality shops/newsagents all within a ten-minute walk. If they can and do survive there, they could def survive in Knocnacarra with it variable population.

All of those shops are very different from each other and as such will have overlapping markets, each feeding customers to the other.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Advertisement