Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents parking permit with northern reg car

Options
  • 25-08-2017 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm planning on moving back to Dublin from Northern Ireland for work and currently looking at renting a house with on street parking. My car will be on northern plates until I get it transferred over but that is likely to take some time.

I have reviewed the residents parking application form and will be able to provide proof of residency and car Insurance details at the house address but the NI registration could be a pitfall.

Does anyone know if its possible to get a residents parking permit from DCC with a northern registered car?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

tmcdlk wrote: »
    I'm planning on moving back to Dublin from Northern Ireland for work and currently looking at renting a house with on street parking. My car will be on northern plates until I get it transferred over but that is likely to take some time.

I have reviewed the residents parking application form and will be able to provide proof of residency and car Insurance details at the house address but the NI registration could be a pitfall.

Does anyone know if its possible to get a residents parking permit from DCC with a northern registered car?

How long will you leave it before changing plates? I used visitor parking permits - you can get 80 per year and if you acquire a property you can use a single proof so long as it is ESB connection - until I re reg'd and got the resident permits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Yes. It is possible with DCC as I had two neighbours, one UK and one NI with them.

Advertisement