Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Non book readers" - Season 7 Episode 7 "The Dragon and the Wolf"

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Billy86 wrote: »
    Rhaegar was a good deal older I believe yeah. After Robert Barratheon and co took Kings Landing and defeated the Targaryens all the children were killed in order to clear any claim they had to the throne via blood links - which is why Dany and Viserys were moved away and hidden in Essos through their childhoods and Dany's long march back to Westeros. Jon would have also been killed regardless of whether had he been born from rape or love, and regardless of anything Lyanna or Ned did or said... so Ned pretended Jon was his bastard son from a prostitute to keep it secret, and never told a soul.

Presumably Howland Reed knows the story.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jamie and Cersi must be old enough too if Jamie killed the mad king (or Jamie must of been very young when he done it ??)

The mad king was killed ~22 years ago from where we currently are in the story. Jamie killed the mad king when he was ~16.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

awec wrote: »

He was there at the Tower of Joy so he must know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well this is true, but he seems a bit of a conveniently forgotten/almost non-existent character on the show so kind of easy to just forget about to an extent. As is if forced on an answer they could just claim he got an arrow in the neck on the way back from the Tower of Joy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Lads,
    Gendry's gone missing again...

Billy86 wrote: »
    Well this is true, but he seems a bit of a conveniently forgotten/almost non-existent character on the show so kind of easy to just forget about to an extent. As is if forced on an answer they could just claim he got an arrow in the neck on the way back from the Tower of Joy.

He isn't in the books either. He has just as much plot and air time in the show as he has in the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭Daith

KKkitty wrote: »
    He was there at the Tower of Joy so he must know?

He knows Ned came out of the tower with a baby. We don't know if he knew it was Lyanna's though.

Lads,
    Gendry's gone missing again...

He's just resting after his run :D

Daith wrote: »
    He knows Ned came out of the tower with a baby. We don't know if he knew it was Lyanna's though.

I'm sure he had a feeling the baby wasn't really Ned's though.

• Advertisement

Daith wrote: »

He would surely know it was Lyanna's and he'd surely know it was Rhaegars.

Screaming woman locked in a tower and Ned emerging with a baby, it's too obvious. And Lyanna Stark has been "kidnapped" and guarded by the Targaryen's, nobody else is going to be able to touch her.

He'd have known R+L=J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

He would surely know it was Lyanna's and he'd surely know it was Rhaegars.

Screaming woman locked in a tower and Ned emerging with a baby, it's too obvious. And Lyanna Stark has been "kidnapped" and guarded by the Targaryen's, nobody else is going to be able to touch her.

He'd have known R+L=J.

Need to change that to R+L=A

Need to change that to R+L=A

He most likely wouldn't have known that. In Reed's eyes it was the bastard child of R+L.

I suspect that Reed and Ned are the two that knew who Jon's parents were, but only Ned knew he was legitimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well that was great.

Even though it wasn't specifically shown surely both Beric Tormund are dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why does the night king want the 7 kingdoms ???

Is he some mad bastard that loves death ???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Even though it wasn't specifically show surely both Beric Tormund are dead?

I doubt they would end the brothers without banners storyline like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm with this guy:
    golfball37 wrote: »
    After Davos resurfaced post blackwater a few years back I assume they're alive until we see them die. Stannis upset that belief however but I think it's a sound assumption

What was with the look Tyrion gave when he saw Jon/Aegon go into Dany's room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pretty sure Beric and Tormund outran the portion of the wall that went down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

sabat wrote: »
    I doubt they would end the brothers without banners storyline like that.

I don't think they are dead, if you watch how the wall collapses, after they both leap onto a bit of the wall it's only one side of the wall that continues to collapse, the side out to sea, the inland side seems to stay intact from the point when you see them both jump to safety.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    I feel slightly stupid when I believed cerseis lie about joining forces only to pull the what is now obvious rug from under us,

I totally bought it too. If I was round her court I'm sure I'd have 'bought it' long ago.:P

Oh ya, I was kinda hoping that we might get a look into the story behind him or even just to delve into it slightly.

I think he's just on some revenge mission over something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Didn't Aegon the Conqueror have two sisters as well? Nice little nod to that.

Great episode.
    Everything is moving very quickly now , can't wait for next season things are set up perfectly, seeing the supposedly impregnable wall crumbling so easily was frightening scene and it was brilliantly done.

Maybe too quickly, in a way it's kind of hard to see how they will spin 8 full episodes or whatever it is out of the remaining story. Surely things should be coming to a head within a couple of hours of screen time with the dead through the wall.

I'd say Qyburn was wet with excitement looking at the wight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well that was bloody intense. I assumed cersei was going to have Jamie killed when she didnt kill Tyrion. He must be going north now to help Dany and Jon.

Wall scene could have been longer but I did enjoy it.

I cant tell if Tyrion was disappointed with Jon and Dany for gettng it on or dkes he have a different motive.

The end of Littlefinger was played out very well I felt. A fitting end for his character.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I was under the impression The Children of the Forest created him to destroy men?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What was with the look Tyrion gave when he saw Jon/Aegon go into Dany's room?

Probably thinking they're mixing business with pleasure and its sure to end badly. Which it will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Bran: I CAN SEE EVERYTHING

Meanwhile: Cersai betrayal, NK has a dragon

Bran: WE MUST TELL JON HIS REAL NAME

I was under the impression The Children of the Forest created him to destroy men?
    If you go back to that episode with Bran and the Three Eyed Raven and Children of the forest... yes, they did.

Something along the lines of
    "You... you created him, why?"
    "To protect us, from you (man)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Evade

Bran: I CAN SEE EVERYTHING

Meanwhile: Cersai betrayal, NK has a dragon

Bran: WE MUST TELL JON HIS REAL NAME
    I think Bran's line should be "I can see anything" he clearly has to focus on a specific event or place and time or he would already have known John wasn't a bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Evade wrote: »
    I think Bran's line should be "I can see anything" he clearly has to focus on a specific event or place and time or he would already have known John wasn't a bastard.

Yeah, but being able to see everything, he can be distracted by events he considers more important than others. Even though he tried to express earlier in the season that overall they are insignificant to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

In reckon the Tyrion disappointment is due to the fact that him and Cersei have mildly buried the hatchet over Joffrey and that he is to become an uncle again, with the future of Lannister family being revived.

He already expressed sorrow over seeing the Lannister army being destroyed in battle. Is he slowly returning to Team Lannister?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Bran: Oh great Jon, you're back. I have something important to tell you...

Jon:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Not sure what to make of Tyrion's look of concern after he watched Jon go into his aunt's chambers. I presume he doesn't know who Jon really is yet.

I think it's because such a union could spell the end for the Lannisters.

I've had this gnawing feeling all season that Tyrion has more residual loyalty for his family than is prudent for him to let on. He looks despondent at the battle of Blackwater Rush to see Lannister forces massacred and is the most enthusiastic advocate for a truce- just as things start to go against the Lannisters.

He was firmly on team Lannister in the earlier seasons until basically being forced to betray them in self defense when Tywin attempted to have him killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Yeah, but being able to see everything, he can be distracted by events he considers more important than others. Even though he tried to express earlier in the season that overall they are insignificant to him.

Kinda like Wikipedia. You start looking for information about a particular type of building material, and end up looking up the heat of the surface of the sun 5 hours later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Unshelved

If the Wights can't swim then how the hell did they get the chains on the dragon last week?

Was anyone else holding their breath in those five seconds before the Wight burst out of the box? Fantastic bit of suspense.

Brilliant episode. Just brilliant. Now what am I going to watch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Brilliant episode. I enjoyed last week's but on a second watch it didn't fare out great.

Looking forward to watching this one again.

I wouldn't think Beric or Tormund are dead. They would have been shown on screen falling or being crushed.

My expectation is that we won't see any more GoT for about 15 months now. I have a feeling they'll aim to start showing the episodes in November next year with the finale being shown on or around Christmas Day.

Unshelved wrote: »
    If the Wights can't swim then how the hell did they get the chains on the dragon last week?

Was anyone else holding their breath in those five seconds before the Wight burst out of the box? Fantastic bit of suspense.

No reason why they couldn't walk under the water. In the climax to Ep 6, we saw one fall under the ice, but 2 try to pull Jon down. Presumably the second had fallen in the day before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I was like "Fcuk, it's totally dead".

Britannia and Electric Dreams for me. That should fill, oooh, I reckon about .000001% of the gaping Thrones-shaped hole in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Really wandering what bran warged, thought it was the crows, but not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Oh ya, I was kinda hoping that we might get a look into the story behind him or even just to delve into it slightly.

I think he's just on some revenge mission over something.

Isn't it just a case of that his only mission is to ensure the annihilation of all humans as per the reason of his creation. So he is fulfilling his purpose of his existence

Anyone going to miss Littlefinger? I won't anyway. He got what he deserved. When Bran said what he said Littlefinger knew it was curtains for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In reckon the Tyrion disappointment is due to the fact that him and Cersei have mildly buried the hatchet over Joffrey and that he is to become an uncle again, with the future of Lannister family being revived.

He already expressed sorrow over seeing the Lannister army being destroyed in battle. Is he slowly returning to Team Lannister?
    If he is, it's only for a twist to turn him back - the character is far too smart to not be aware that if they did defeat Danaerys, Snow & Co., Cersei would have his head taken off the same night the war was won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭omerin

Anyone going to miss Littlefinger? I won't anyway. He got what he deserved. When Bran said what he said Littlefinger knew it was curtains for him.

I think we'll see "him" again next season in KL ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Washout wrote: »
    Isn't it just a case of that his only mission is to ensure the annihilation of all humans as per the reason of his creation. So he is fulfilling his purpose of his existence

There's one thing nagging at me. I'll spoiler it as it's purely my own theory/thoughts...
    The reveal that Melissandre is actually really old has never really been followed up. Is it possible she has a part to play in this?

Loved it when The Hound squared up to the Mountain. "You know what's coming for you. You've always known."

Thought Jamie was a goner for certain. The look of sorrow in his eyes :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Does this mean Arya gets the Castle with the hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Jesus that was spectacular! This show is amazing, it will be up there with the Sopranos and Breaking Bad in changing television forever.

omerin wrote: »
    I think we'll see "him" again next season in KL ;)

So many saw him being killed though. How could Arya pull that ruse off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,808 ✭✭✭Evade

flazio wrote: »
    Does this mean Arya gets the Castle with the hole?
    If Jon Arryn had no siblings or none with living heirs wouldn't it go to Edmure Tully as Lysa's oldest living male relative?

Wouldn't that mean Edmure controls the Vale, the Twins, and Riverrun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So many saw him being killed though. How could Arya pull that ruse off?
    Which is why I think she'll go for the maid who walked in on Cersei and Jamie earlier in the series.

Delighted to see Little Finger get a needle up his hole. (shame it was his air hole)
    Was anyone else worried that Cersei was going to torch the dragon pits? It crossed my mind when they first arrived.

• Advertisement
Advertisement