Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Non book readers" - Season 7 Episode 7 "The Dragon and the Wolf"

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Castle Black and the Shadow Tower are still standing, could be used as a rallying points to launch a counterattack against the flank of the army of the dead. If the Nightking didn't have a dragon, I imagine a disciplined army with heavy infantry, missile units and artillery could f@ck up the wights. But this being TV show, we''ll probably get another lame battle like Spoils of War where a few hundred men are supposed to represent the whole Lannister/Tarly army.

How many men are in both though? They need Valeryan steel swords and dragonglass to stand some chance against the wights and white walkers. Has enough dragonglass been mined and made into weapons? Even if Dany uses Drogon and Rhaegon would they be enough to take down Viserion? I guess I'm just thinking of the bigger picture now. Viserion being the Night King's biggest weapon causes a lot of problems. If Jaime is on the side of Dany and co maybe he should get his hand replaced with something made from dragonglass. I know he has his sword but a hand made with dragonglass would be a slight advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Do the dead continuously rot as time goes by, surely visereon won't be able to fly soon as it already had pretty big holes in its wings.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JamboMac wrote: »
    Do the dead continuously rot as time goes by, surely visereon won't be able to fly soon as it already had pretty big holes in its wings.

Some of the wights are missing muscles so shouldn't be able to walk, there will be no problem with visereon flying.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

He shouldn't be able to fly if the membranes in his wing completely decay. It would be like a human trying to fly by flapping their arms. Not enough surface area to generate lift.

For the sake of the plot he will still fly though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pugzilla wrote: »
    He shouldn't be able to fly if the membranes in his wing completely decay. It would be like a human trying to fly by flapping their arms. Not enough surface area to generate lift.

For the sake of the plot he will still fly though.

Just like a human with no leg muscles would be unable to walk yet wights with no leg muscles are. I just put it down to part of the magic of being raised from the dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

KKkitty wrote: »
    How many men are in both though? They need Valeryan steel swords and dragonglass to stand some chance against the wights and white walkers. Has enough dragonglass been mined and made into weapons? Even if Dany uses Drogon and Rhaegon would they be enough to take down Viserion? I guess I'm just thinking of the bigger picture now. Viserion being the Night King's biggest weapon causes a lot of problems. If Jaime is on the side of Dany and co maybe he should get his hand replaced with something made from dragonglass. I know he has his sword but a hand made with dragonglass would be a slight advantage.

They should just go full on Army of Darkness with Jaime, Valerian steel chain-saw to cut his way through an army of wights

They should just go full on Army of Darkness with Jaime, Valerian steel chain-saw to cut his way through an army of wights

You could just use horses either side with massive cheese cutter or piano wire, it would slow them down massively.

Just like a human with no leg muscles would be unable to walk yet wights with no leg muscles are. I just put it down to part of the magic of being raised from the dead.

True, but uplift like flight has to be able to be made for flight and if you create zero uplift, but can fly then he could have just floated all the wights over the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Evade

JamboMac wrote: »
    True, but uplift like flight has to be able to be made for flight and if you create zero uplift, but can fly then he could have just floated all the wights over the wall.
    If it gets to that stage the Night King could replace the skin on the wings with sailcloth or something similar. That real danger to the wight-dragons power is if the series of organs that create the dragon fire rot away.

In fact having pretty much the entire dragon as a skeleton bar the fire generating organs and wings would make it much deadlier, wouldn't it? Less mass to lift and much less surface area to cause drag would make it much faster and more agile in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Evade wrote: »
    If it gets to that stage the Night King could replace the skin on the wings with sailcloth or something similar. That real danger to the wight-dragons power is if the series of organs that create the dragon fire rot away.

In fact having pretty much the entire dragon as a skeleton bar the fire generating organs and wings would make it much deadlier, wouldn't it? Less mass to lift and much less surface area to cause drag would make it much faster and more agile in the air.

your using logic on a show about the resurected corpse of a dead dragon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

jcd5971 wrote: »
    your using logic on a show about the resurected corpse of a dead dragon...

What's your point?

:p

I don't read reviews (of anything) and tend to avoid any online discussion of Game of Thrones in case of spoilers but I've seen headlines and heard people talking and I'm a little confused by the reaction of people to this episode.

Wasn't it revealed in the Season 6 finale that Rhaegar was Jon Snow's father and that, consequently, Daenyaras was his aunt? And wasn't it was fairly obvious from the first meeting that Daenyaras and Jon were going to get together? In fact, I had guessed this was going to happen several seasons back.

Yes, it is "eeewww!!!" but why are people reacting with such surprise?

The only revelation was that Jon Snow is the "rightful king", which was actually revealed much earlier by Gilly and no real surprise when Bran had the vision.

Also, does anyone agree that Tyrion hanging about in the hallway is nothing sinister - just a little bit of sadness because he cares for Daenyaras in that way but it would never be. Or is he concerned that a union between the two might be good to stop the Wight Walkers but could turn ugly in the long run?

Advertisement