If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung botched firmware

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

vandriver wrote: »
    https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2017/08/24/samsung_tvs_botched_firmware_patch/

As I am taking delivery of a new Samsung TV off yourselves today,are these TVs set to auto update ?
    Hi Vandriver.

Samsung have removed the update so no NEW televisions can be effected by the dodgy firmware.

Your new TV can not get this firmware update.

Hope this eases your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Hi Vandriver.

Samsung have removed the update so no NEW televisions can be effected by the dodgy firmware.

Your new TV can not get this firmware update.

Hope this eases your mind.
    Thanks,Kenny for your prompt reply .

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

VanDriver,

just to add to Kenny's comments above - apparently only about 200 TV's across the UK have been affected and Samsung have already launched a field service remediation programme to correct the issue.

Locally (thankfully) we haven't had any issues and as above the software update has now been withdrawn so it cannot affect any new TV's.

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Thanks John.
    Don't want anything to come between me and Conor McGregor!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

vandriver wrote: »
    Thanks John.
    Don't want anything to come between me and Conor McGregor!
    I know the felling :)

Drop us a post once you take delivery just to let us know its arrived.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.