Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian - 3Arena Dublin - 28th November 2017

Options
  • 25-08-2017 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Kasabian are coming to the 3Arena this November.

The rock group will take to the 3Arena stage on Tuesday, November 28.

Support on the night comes from Brit punk duo Slaves.

Tickets go on sale Thursday, August 31 at 9.30am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Same night as Frank Carter and still no update on what's happening re Belfast. Their timing of this announcement is crap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

viv2 wrote: »
    Same night as Frank Carter and still no update on what's happening re Belfast. Their timing of this announcement is crap.

Raging its the same night as Frank Carter since i really wanna see him but think ill have to go with Kasabian.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Very poor form to cancel Belfast gig and then to release a new tour schedule without including Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

I would imagine that Belfast may come either side of the Dublin date?

I would imagine that Belfast may come either side of the Dublin date?

Yea id say they will announce a belfast date to make up. Id say the tour was not planning on coming back to Belfast due to the CHSQ so it may be announced in a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Yea id say they will announce a belfast date to make up. Id say the tour was not planning on coming back to Belfast due to the CHSQ so it may be announced in a few weeks

A lot of people travelled to Belfast though and may not want to make a return visit. It would be nice if they could let people due a refund swap them for tickets in another venue. I know I have absolutely no intentions of travelling to Belfast again. Nor am I able to go to the Dublin gig so I just want my money back but no idea how I'll get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

If anyone has an unused presale code for this, I would really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Tickets got handy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭R.F.

woops, purchased standing tickets in error

Im old and prefer seating

• Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Looks like only the lower tier of seating is open for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Not a big seller it seems. Still not sold out. Ticket prices dropping rapidly on Seatwave. Good to see the touts been burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

This was also the case the last time they played the 3Arena in December 2014 (which was a Monday night gig).

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

This won't be anywhere near a sell out. Been a kasabian fan right from the start and seen them 10+ times but there getting less and less popular (particularly in ireland) with each album. Numbers at the gigs always down on the last. I predict this will be their last 3arena gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Spollen

They need to go on hiatus or something and come back in a few years. Quality of albums keeps getting worse and worse. Good live but just getting a bit stale at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Just watched them on tv. Reading gig. Forgot how good they are. Was at the gig in 3arena couple of years back and thought it was brill. Def going to pick up ticket for this. And must get new album. Didn't even know they had new album. Fell off my radar for past while. Kinda guaranteed it's going to be decent gig anyway. I know they have a lot of filler on the albums. But they have enough great tunes to make up a 20 song good gig. I remember it was a way more rockier than I thought it would be. Going to cram in some kasabian catch-up up material in next 2 months.

I really enjoyed 48:13 it had some belters especially bumblebee . New album is another great record imo , Obviously very different then the first few albums but i feel that the last records are made for the live/festival scene.

Have never been let down by a Kasabian gig and their Olympia gig was immense and this will be my 10th gig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 SuperBW

Spollen wrote: »
    They need to go on hiatus or something and come back in a few years. Quality of albums keeps getting worse and worse. Good live but just getting a bit stale at this stage.

Agree with this. 48 13 was better than FCOL but overall newer albums are weak. The problem with the new kasabian albums is half of the songs will be excellent but the other half will be atrocious. This is frustrating as i truly believe they have a monster album in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Gig in the Olympia was brilliant. They'd sell out the 3 arena if it was on a Friday or Saturday night, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Finally got to see them live this year. One of the people who went with me hadn't heard an awful lot of them. Afterwards the person said it was one of the best live experiences they had been too, I felt the same.

Like most bands they do have some songs that aren't great but they have a enough great ones in there and know how to work a crowd.

Unfortunately don't think I can go to this one but anyone on the fence I'd definitely recommend it.

still plenty of tickets left for this gig tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Ticket printed on my desk in front of me. Really looking forward to it.
    Kasabian always deliver. And off for the rest of the week so I can enjoy a few beers while I'm at it. All in all, a very happy Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MS291988

anyone have an idea of stage times?
    thanks

Ya, can’t wait. If it’s anything like 3 years ago, it will be a treat. Some of their songs do lean towards being a bit cheesy. But if its party atmosphere you’re after, then 3Arena is the place to be tonight. The likes of Underdog, LSF, Vlad, Psycho, Bumblebee, Fire and on and on and on. Great catalogue. The new songs just fit in effortless – acid house, comeback kid, III Ray. Think they’ve dropped Goodbye Kiss for British Legion – bit disappointed with that. But probably won’t even notice as the night goes on.

they are great live.
    always put on a top show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Just about to leave Cork and head for the 3Arena.

Really looking for to this. Have seen them lots in the past few years - they always deliver a massive show!

Slaves: 7:55
    Kasabian: 9:00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

Slaves: 7:55
    Kasabian: 9:00

Thanks you, only start time I could find was doors at 6:30

Really looking forward to this, seen them in the milk market in limerick in 2014, great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Fairly quiet here ! Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Brilliant gig. They always put on a good show to be fair

• Advertisement

Excellent. Right from the beginning. No lull in a kasabian gig. Couldn’t really have asked for a better set list.

Advertisement