Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would anyone give away good tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭mayoman1973

Quazzie wrote: »
    Sorry. I'm new to this thread. What's the purpose of it? Back everything and come out with a tiny bit more money than you spent overall
    lol, yes, thats the aim of gambling. Have more after you finished than when you started. Yet 95% of people fail to reach that target. Thankfully that is the case cause if the bookies dont make money then I dont either.
    If you ask any of the 95% of people who lose money gambling what exactly it is that they are trying to achieve profit wise they will look at you like you have 2 heads. I want all my bets to win and make a fortune every single bet. Surely thats why you gamble !!
    Bottom line is if you dont know what your trying to win then its very hard to know when you've won it.

What if I told you that the average professional gambler ( There are a few of us out there that make a nice living from this ) aims for in around 5% profit. Any more is a bonus. Mine is closer to 10 to 15% profit but that is the exception.

So for every £100 they stake they are aiming to make a paltry £5 profit. Hardly worth bothering with you might think. Lets see. I Go into a bookie shop and assuming they think here comes another loser then there is no issue getting £100ew on a 10.0 shot. that will make me £20( 10% margin) and takes me less than 4min to do. Thats £20 for 4 min work. £300 per hr if you prefer. Now if Mr bookie is perpared to take that sort of heat then could stand there all day and hand it over at that rate. Most likely not. What if instead of me doing it I hand £5k each to 10 guys at start of week and tell them. Let me know when you see a bookie and have 5 min to spare. Takes them each about 2 hrs effort over the week, 5 min here, 10 min there , £500 staked here, £500 staked there and I put £100 into their paw for their effort . I now have £50k staked. Total profit is, I'll let you do the maths.

So first things first. If you have a betting system that leaves your bank roll bigger at the end of the month than it was at the start of the month ( and does so for years ) then your in business. The rest is just scaling up and getting inventive on how to get ££ staked. I'll also bet ( Pardon the pun ) that most of the 95% of losing gamblers have no issue buying a lotto ticket. Lets do the maths. Odds of winning it are approx 11mil/1 Projected Prize on Wed is 7Mil. Are you kidding me. !!!! Same as paying £2 for a ticket that in reality is only worth £1.40. I couldnt talk myself into buying a lotto ticket.

Same goes with these car wraffle websites that are springing up. People buying ticket for £20 for chance to win a lamborghini. WTF!!. The total ticket sales are 200k for a prize that is only worth 150k. So your £20 ticket is in reality only worth £15. The standard of maths has really dropped in Ireland and there is the proof !!

Plenty of folks rock up and ask me , any tips, and I say yea, good one in the 2:30. He's 50/1, but I think he has a 40/1 chance of winning. They look at me again like I'm joking. You want me to bet on a horse that has only a 40/1 chance of winning. ie he's 40 times more likely to lose than win. Their face drops as there goes any chance of a quick buck. Like I said. These bets come with a health warning. If you are too lazy to read back and see how they all did then I'm afraid you stand no chance of making money betting on horse racing cause you will approach every system , whither it be winning one or losing one, with the same attitude.

2.25 ain’t my fault 25/1 boyles

15:53 Foresee 33/1 boyles

16:15 King Ferdinand 8.50
    15:45 Kenyan Cowboy 23.0
    both 365

19:35 Elixsoft 23.0 365

• Advertisement

15:45 Star Academy 34.0 365

16:35 Grimsthorpe Castle 13.0 365

Last one gone.
    Same race. Open reach 41.0 365

17:50 Aloysius Lilius 7.0 365

16:45 Fit For Function 13.0 365

• Advertisement

17:25 Vive La Difference 9.0 365
    17:25 Great Colaci 7.0 365

15:37 Giga White 21.0 365

12:15 Bolt N Brown 21.0
    12:15 Sinndarella 5.0 both 365

12:15 Bolt N Brown 17.0 365

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

lol, yes, thats the aim of gambling. Have more after you finished than when you started. Yet 95% of people fail to reach that target. Thankfully that is the case cause if the bookies dont make money then I dont either.
    If you ask any of the 95% of people who lose money gambling what exactly it is that they are trying to achieve profit wise they will look at you like you have 2 heads. I want all my bets to win and make a fortune every single bet. Surely thats why you gamble !!
    Bottom line is if you dont know what your trying to win then its very hard to know when you've won it.

What if I told you that the average professional gambler ( There are a few of us out there that make a nice living from this ) aims for in around 5% profit. Any more is a bonus. Mine is closer to 10 to 15% profit but that is the exception.

So for every £100 they stake they are aiming to make a paltry £5 profit. Hardly worth bothering with you might think. Lets see. I Go into a bookie shop and assuming they think here comes another loser then there is no issue getting £100ew on a 10.0 shot. that will make me £20( 10% margin) and takes me less than 4min to do. Thats £20 for 4 min work. £300 per hr if you prefer. Now if Mr bookie is perpared to take that sort of heat then could stand there all day and hand it over at that rate. Most likely not. What if instead of me doing it I hand £5k each to 10 guys at start of week and tell them. Let me know when you see a bookie and have 5 min to spare. Takes them each about 2 hrs effort over the week, 5 min here, 10 min there , £500 staked here, £500 staked there and I put £100 into their paw for their effort . I now have £50k staked. Total profit is, I'll let you do the maths.

So first things first. If you have a betting system that leaves your bank roll bigger at the end of the month than it was at the start of the month ( and does so for years ) then your in business. The rest is just scaling up and getting inventive on how to get ££ staked. I'll also bet ( Pardon the pun ) that most of the 95% of losing gamblers have no issue buying a lotto ticket. Lets do the maths. Odds of winning it are approx 11mil/1 Projected Prize on Wed is 7Mil. Are you kidding me. !!!! Same as paying £2 for a ticket that in reality is only worth £1.40. I couldnt talk myself into buying a lotto ticket.

Same goes with these car wraffle websites that are springing up. People buying ticket for £20 for chance to win a lamborghini. WTF!!. The total ticket sales are 200k for a prize that is only worth 150k. So your £20 ticket is in reality only worth £15. The standard of maths has really dropped in Ireland and there is the proof !!

Plenty of folks rock up and ask me , any tips, and I say yea, good one in the 2:30. He's 50/1, but I think he has a 40/1 chance of winning. They look at me again like I'm joking. You want me to bet on a horse that has only a 40/1 chance of winning. ie he's 40 times more likely to lose than win. Their face drops as there goes any chance of a quick buck. Like I said. These bets come with a health warning. If you are too lazy to read back and see how they all did then I'm afraid you stand no chance of making money betting on horse racing cause you will approach every system , whither it be winning one or losing one, with the same attitude.

All you need is Saul Goodman to do an ad for you !!!! :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

12:30 Guetapan Collonges 13.0 boyles
    5th of 11
    2.25 ain’t my fault 25/1 boyles
    6th - last
    15:53 Foresee 33/1 boyles
    7th of 9
    16:15 King Ferdinand 8.50

15:45 Kenyan Cowboy 23.0
    both 365
    6th of 10 + 3rd of 11
    19:35 Elixsoft 23.0 365
    8th of 11
    15:45 Star Academy 34.0 365
    5th of 11
    16:35 Grimsthorpe Castle 13.0 365
    1st

Takes them each about 2 hrs effort over the week, 5 min here, 10 min there , £500 staked here, £500 staked there and I put £100 into their paw for their effort .

So, you don't want a Ton a week for doing fk all :pac:
    greenspurs wrote: »
    All you need is Saul Goodman to do an ad for you !!!! :rolleyes:

Ya, it must be all a sham - it's on the Internet after all, must be bs :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So, you don't want a Ton a week for doing fk all :pac:

Ya, it must be all a sham - it's on the Internet after all, must be bs :rolleyes: :D

Seems to be the "throw enough shit at the wall and hope some sticks" betting plan.

Seems to be the "throw enough shit at the wall and hope some sticks" betting plan.

Ya, but that s1it is thrown at the 'mathematically & scientifically' correct angle, for effectiveness.

Throwing up 8 horses proves nothing. It's a system that makes profit over 100s of picks - not for me, as I don't understand it, but the premise seems viable, if one knows how to 'work their system'.

Ya, but that s1it is thrown at the 'mathematically & scientifically' correct angle, for effectiveness.

Throwing up 8 horses proves nothing. It's a system that makes profit over 100s of picks - not for me, as I don't understand it, but the premise seems viable, if one knows how to 'work their system'.

8 horses - 1 win and 1 place ... :rolleyes: Even greyhound racing would be more profitable than that win/place ratio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,045 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

8 horses - 1 win and 1 place ... :rolleyes: Even greyhound racing would be more profitable than that win/place ratio!

Is the 13.0 at the end the odds that the punter is getting (13/1)? If so then it's profitable if all stakes are the same for all bets. €80 stake (8x€10) returns €140 + the place.

Or maybe I'm reading it wrong :confused:

EDIT: Turns out it's E/W so still returning a profit for the day as pointed out by leffessem below

I'm assuming some days there is a loss, and some days a larger profit, but if it works out at a profit for the month then it's worth it.

Good system. I might keep a track of it over a months period to see what the ROI is.

You're forgetting to mention 1 thing - the most important of all : PRICE

Assuming 1pt each way on all eight selections - that makes 16 pts in total staked.

That winner at 13.0 (allowing for the lesser 1/5 the odds) would have returned 16.40 pts - so a PROFIT. That's a 2.5% ROI on just a small selection, that I presume you put up to debunk his system :pac:

Go ahead with your "greyhounds" and see how well you do :p

Maybe you're the Saul Goodman PR guy for the chap. In that case I wish you both well. Most punters are happy to see others win :)

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is the 13.0 at the end the odds that the punter is getting (13/1)? If so then it's profitable if all stakes are the same for all bets. €80 stake (8x€10) returns €140 + the place.

Or maybe I'm reading it wrong :confused:

13.0 is 'decimal odds' I believe - so 12/1 in 'old money' :)

Profit still made, but that's irrelevant on a meagre 8 selections.

Assuming 1pt each way on all eight selections - that makes 16 pts in total staked.

That winner at 13.0 (allowing for the lesser 1/5 the odds) would have returned 16.40 pts - so a PROFIT. That's a 2.5% ROI on just a small selection, that I presume you put up to debunk his system :pac:

Maybe you're the Saul Goodman PR guy for the chap. In that case I wish you both well. Most punters are happy to see others win :)

I just picked the 8 that were on the page......

And I forgot about that 3rd of 11 that came placed at a big price - more profit.

18:25 Tyche 21.0 365

16:55 Turandot 5.50 365

17:25 Curfewed 17.0 365

I started this as much a social experiment as anything. The prices are there, the profit is there. You can choose to say system is profitable or not. Like Donald Trump and global warming. If you ignore the data and facts then you can make an argument for anything :)
    Anyways this thread has another useful purpose. Any one serious about making a few ££ will see the trend and eventually ( Though if they smart not immediatly till they look at all the results ) they will throw a few quid on here and there. How does that benefit me? Fear not, by time I put a tip up here it has been hit hard. I have filled my boots well. Problem now is when your "friends" are burning through 365 accounts like no tomorrow it gets annoying having to replace them every few weeks. So the problem that every pro gambler faces is how are they catching me. Clearly making a profit is one metric they use but accounts can get the road showing a loss. So it it the horses I pick, and their prices I take v the SP. Way I see it is if a few dozen friends of mine are the only ones to back a certain horse/s then it makes it easier to spot whos who. So by helping ourselves first and then throwing the horses into the public domain it benefits us is so far as will make it harder for Mr Bookie to spot us. But of course if your doing these on line on your Boyles or bet365, I can tell you 100%, your account will be away inside 4 months.

• Advertisement

16:55 Lady Rockstar 6.50 365

Advertisement