Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭hcf500

Igotadose wrote: »
    Because your source mentioned 'discretionary medical cards' from the state. Where is your source, actually? Seems they have some more insights into this case than I can easily find.

I forgot to post the source earlier to that text. kildarestreet.com search pandemrix in its search bar!

I was surprised to see that they were offering medical cards and home tuition while a case was ongoing! Surely they are shooting themselves in the foot, haven't they already accepted some liability by doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Great article. Well written, to the point and highlights the whole concept of herd immunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭Quandary

iamwhoiam wrote: »

I think this nails it.
    But being a new parent doesn’t suddenly render you stupid. Being a new parent is not a credible excuse for believing everything you read on Facebook.

If, after having a child, you’re suddenly prepared to accept as true a world-wide conspiracy involving every government, every drug company, every health researcher and your local GP, then yes, something is very wrong. With you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Quandary wrote: »
    I think this nails it.

TBH, I think having children has nothing to do with it. Those who are anti-vaxxers are probably susceptible to all kinds of conspiracy theories. They just focus on vaccines because it becomes topical for them after they have kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm after finding out that I didn't get the MMR as a kid, underlying medical issues (raging kidney infections) meant that I couldn't get it (immune system couldn't handle it), I always thought I got it. Although I'm not sure, my mother could be doting a little.

I'll be chatting to my doctor about what I should do on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I'm after finding out that I didn't get the MMR as a kid, underlying medical issues (raging kidney infections) meant that I couldn't get it (immune system couldn't handle it), I always thought I got it. Although I'm not sure, my mother could be doting a little.

You can get your titres checked on a blood test . It will tell if you have immunity to the diseases

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm after finding out that I didn't get the MMR as a kid,
    If you do end up getting the vaccine then make sure to ask for the one that doesn't cause autism!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I got the MMR vaccine but still ended up getting mumps when I was 21. I’ll never forget the pain and how sick I was. My housemate had gotten it and I was unlucky enough to catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Amantine

I got the MMR vaccine but still ended up getting mumps when I was 21. I’ll never forget the pain and how sick I was. My housemate had gotten it and I was unlucky enough to catch it.

In order to achieve herd mentality immunity for mumps we would have to vaccinate everyone over and over because of waning immunity.

"We investigated a mumps outbreak within a highly vaccinated university student population in the Netherlands by conducting a retrospective cohort study among members of university societies in Delft, Leiden and Utrecht. We used an online questionnaire asking for demographic information, potential behavioural risk factors for mumps and the occurrence of mumps. Vaccine status from the national vaccination register was used. Overall, 989 students participated. Registered vaccination status was available for 776 individuals, of whom 760 (98%) had been vaccinated at least once and 729 (94%) at least twice. The mumps attack rate was 13.2% (95%CI 11.1-15.5%).
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X12006299

• Advertisement

If you do end up getting the vaccine then make sure to ask for the one that doesn't cause autism!

Get it straight away or you'll drop dead tomorrow! It's a mystery how you survived this far... it's a mystery how so many people in our Irish society who never got the MMR or never got boosters are all still perfectly healthy...

Get it! The narcolepsy, Alzheimers, chronic fatigue, asthma, Type 1 diabetes and other autoimmune disease is worth it. Make sure to ask for extra aluminium. I hear it's good for the brain

"Injections of Al to animals produce behavioral, neuropathological and neurochemical changes that partially model AD. Aluminum has the ability to produce neurotoxicity by many mechanisms. Excess, insoluble amyloid beta protein (A beta) contributes to AD. Aluminum promotes formation and accumulation of insoluble A beta and hyperphosphorylated tau."

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260359729_The_Toxicology_of_Aluminum_in_the_Brain_A_Review

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

The simple truth is that while some vaccinations may cause an allergic reaction or leave a child unwell the real strain will not only risk killing or crippling your child but infect other's as well. Anti-Vaxxers essentially sum up a prime example of Human Stupidity and believing the rubbish off the internet before tried and tested methods and your own doctor it's not only dangerously stupid but irresponsible as well.

The fact that previously eliminated diseases are making a comeback BECAUSE of these fools is the reason mandatory vaccinations should be done unless there's clear medical reasons not to be able to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Amantine wrote: »
    it's a mystery how so many people in our Irish society who never got the MMR or never got boosters are all still perfectly healthy...

No mystery at all: they were infected as children with measles and/or mumps and/or rubella, got sick and recovered. Most of them without any significant consequences, but some of them with permanent damage (at a rate considerably higher than any side-effects associated with vaccination).

No mystery at all: they were infected as children with measles and/or mumps and/or rubella, got sick and recovered. Most of them without any significant consequences, but some of them with permanent damage (at a rate considerably higher than any side-effects associated with vaccination).

Prove it!! Post a comparative study!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

"Injections of Al to animals produce behavioral, neuropathological and neurochemical changes that partially model AD. Aluminum has the ability to produce neurotoxicity by many mechanisms. Excess, insoluble amyloid beta protein (A beta) contributes to AD. Aluminum promotes formation and accumulation of insoluble A beta and hyperphosphorylated tau."

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260359729_The_Toxicology_of_Aluminum_in_the_Brain_A_Review

Aluminium. Not vaccines. How many times must this be pointed out to you?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Here is a study:
    Vaccination was strongly associated with both otitis media and pneumonia, which are among the most common complications of measles infection [56,57]. The odds of otitis media were almost four-fold higher among the vaccinated (OR 3.8, 95% CI: 2.1, 6.6) and the odds of myringotomy with tube placement were eight-fold higher than those of unvaccinated children (OR 8.0, 95% CI: 1.0, 66.1). Acute otitis media (AOM) is a very frequent childhood infection, accounting for up to 30 million physician visits each year in the U.S., and the most common reason for prescribing antibiotics for children [58,59]. The incidence of AOM peaks at ages 3 to 18 months and 80% of children have experienced at least one episode by 3 years of age. Rates of AOM have increased in recent decades [60]. Worldwide, the incidence of AOM is 10.9%, with 709 million cases each year, 51% occurring in children under 5 years of age [61]. Pediatric AOM is a significant concern in terms of healthcare utilization in the U.S., accounting for $2.88 billion in annual health care costs [62].

Numerous reports of AOM have been filed with VAERS. A search of VAERS for “Cases where age is under 1 and onset interval is 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 days and Symptom is otitis media” [63] revealed that 438,573 cases were reported between 1990 and 2011, often with fever and other signs and symptoms of inflammation and central nervous system involvement. One study [64] assessed the nasopharyngeal carriage of S. pneumoniae, H. influenzae, and M. catarrhalis during AOM in fully immunized, partly immunized children with 0 or 1 dose of Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine-7 (PCV7), and “historical control” children from the pre-PCV-7 era, and found an increased frequency of M. catarrhalis colonization in the vaccinated group compared to the partly immunized and control groups (76% vs. 62% and 56%, respectively). A high rate of Moraxella catarrhalis colonization is associated with an increased risk of AOM [65].

https://www.oatext.com/Pilot-comparative-study-on-the-health-of-vaccinated-and-unvaccinated-6-to-12-year-old-U-S-children.php#Article

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,403 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi ancapailldorcha! So, it's not aluminium in vaccines?

If it's in vaccines, prove it please.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

If it's in vaccines, prove it please.

By our good friend, Merck:
    What are the ingredients in GARDASIL?
    The ingredients are proteins of HPV Types 6, 11, 16, and 18, amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate
    sulfate, yeast protein, sodium chloride, L-histidine, polysorbate 80, sodium borate, and water for injection.

Look it has polysorbate 80 too! Must be why so many girls are going into premature menopause, but ovarian failure is worth it after all there is a 0.05 risk of dying of ovarian cancer in 20 years!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8473002/

By our great friends at Merk:
    What are the ingredients in GARDASIL?
    The ingredients are proteins of HPV Types 6, 11, 16, and 18, amorphous aluminum hydroxyphosphate
    sulfate, yeast protein, sodium chloride, L-histidine, polysorbate 80, sodium borate, and water for injection.

The tone is just childish.

Aluminium compounds and salts are not the same as Aluminium, a fact that is explained to Junior Cert science students.

H. H. Asquith

Yeah - great study. Self-selected respondents in a non-randomised "pilot" project that specifically states "there was no defined population or sampling frame from which a randomized study could be carried out, and from which response rates could be determined."

Any chance of some proper science? :P

• Advertisement

Yeah - great study. Self-selected respondents in a non-randomised "pilot" project that specifically states "there was no defined population or sampling frame from which a randomized study could be carried out, and from which response rates could be determined."

Like everything else Amantine posts, it's simply wrong, soapboxing, or duplicitous. Sometimes all of the above.

Jenny McCarthy's Generation Rescue funded it.

H. H. Asquith

Well you know what? There never was a comparative study!!! We should do one!!! Who is with me on that? Because with all this talk of safety, there never was a comparative study. Not one with an actual placebo. Using the same aluminium adjuvant as placebo...is not placebo.

Like everything else Amantine posts, it's simply wrong, soapboxing, or duplicitous. Sometimes all of the above.

That's all you're giving me?

Ah now, to be fair, it wasn't completely wrong: the (provisional) results of this (pilot) project (seem to) conclusively demonstrate that people who believe in medicine and doctors and science take their sick children to the doctor and give them medicine, and even fill in questionaires (presumably for the sake of scientific study).

And that most home-schooling parents in America are white Christians. :pac:

Ah now, to be fair, it wasn't completely wrong: the (provisional) results of this (pilot) project (seem to) conclusively demonstrate that people who believe in medicine and doctors and science take their sick children to the doctor and give them medicine, and even fill in questionaires (presumably for the sake of scientific study).

And that most home-schooling parents in America are white Christians. :pac:

Look at the money, C. Always look at the money.

At least Pharma studies have oversight from regulators. Nobody's favourite autistic people hating ex-playboy bunny isn't bound by such constrictions.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I believe it has been retracted....twice! The second time they changed the title and sent it to another journal (sneaky or what?) but they were quickly called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Excellent (short video) about vaccines. Bonus points for using a typical anti-vax clickbait title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkVCpbNnkU

mzungu wrote: »
    And it has been retracted....twice! The second time they changed the title and sent it to another journal (sneaky or what?) but they were quickly called out on it.

Yes it funny how they always retract them... sometimes they can't but then they just stop the funding. Funding for the big pharmaceuticals never runs dry though, they are loaded!!

The tone is just childish.

Aluminium compounds and salts are not the same as Aluminium, a fact that is explained to Junior Cert science students.

This one is on aluminum hydroxyphosphate, by Kiel University, not retracted!

"In conclusion, our results demonstrate through minimal cytotoxicity and high cytoplasmic loading that Alhydrogel® as the most commonly used ABA in clinically approved vaccinations is most pre-disposed to migration away from the injection site through migratory phagocytic cell lineages. It is known that monocytes are capable of differentiating into either macrophagic or dendritic cell types36 and both have subsequently been linked to the presence of increased MHCII-positive DCs at the injection site, seven days following vaccination34,35. As such, migratory APCs including monocytes containing the internalised antigen may enter lymph nodes via draining through high endothelial venules (HEVs)36."

"Through in vitro cellular modelling, our results further shed light on the capacity of ABA to deposit at sites distant to the injection site as has been suggested in macrophagic myofasciitis (MMF), whereby aluminium is proposed to translocate through draining lymph nodes to distant organs"

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep31578

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Funding for the big pharmaceuticals never runs dry though, they are loaded!!

This dumb as bricks appeal to motive stuff again

Vaccines have drastically reduced or eradicated highly infectious diseases, thus saving society a lot in medical bills. Society is clearly promoting vaccines for profit! Conflict of interest!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement