Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

CosmicFool wrote: »
    First case of Rubella in over a decade in Cork.
    Measles cases have ramped up recently and mumps came back in 2018 so it was only a matter of time.

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/0225/1117520-rubella-cork/

And , this can't be stressed enough Andrew Wakefield's campaign against the MMR vaccine was so that another vaccine could be sold instead which he could profit from. He was not anti-vax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Link?

O'Brien did say it. I remember listening to it.

And he's right.

mountai wrote: »
    Well he did apologise afterwards for use of his words . BTW , the parents of REGRET are labeled as " Antivaxxers" when in fact , all their children have been given the HPV vaccine . Please explain the logic of this labeling . All the parents have ever wanted was examination and treatment for their children.

The founders of Regret are rabid antivaxxers. Catherine Weitbrecht founded it. None of her kids have been vaccinated and she brags about it. And they have direct links to Sanevax.

And let's not forget the amount of money her homeopath husband made out of treating girls who's parents were conned by regret. Weitbrech, Cannon and all the organisers of Regret are dangerous frauds.

The parents have been conned by them. That's the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VicMackey1

Tell that to those that contracted Narcolepsy after swine flu vaccine .

They have been treated very well by doctors!

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭mountai

Orion wrote: »
    The founders of Regret are rabid antivaxxers. Catherine Weitbrecht founded it. None of her kids have been vaccinated and she brags about it. And they have direct links to Sanevax.

And let's not forget the amount of money her homeopath husband made out of treating girls who's parents were conned by regret. Weitbrech, Cannon and all the organisers of Regret are dangerous frauds.

Weitbrecht was expelled from the group within six months . He made nothing . All the children of present members have been vaccinated . Explain why they are "Antivaxxers" .

• Advertisement

VicMackey1 wrote: »
    They have been treated very well by doctors!

Thats why the HSE battled tooth and nail in the High Court recently . They spent in excess of 3 million Euros before agreeing a settlement figure costing millions more .

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/narcolepsy-case-state-faces-4m-bill-after-vaccine-settlement-1.4088687

If sufferers were treated fairly there wouldnt be need for court cases . BTW there are 100 more cases in the pipeline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Orion wrote: »

A pattern emerges.

Thats why the HSE battled tooth and nail in the High Court recently . They spent in excess of 3 million Euros before agreeing a settlement figure costing millions more .

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/narcolepsy-case-state-faces-4m-bill-after-vaccine-settlement-1.4088687

If sufferers were treated fairly there wouldnt be need for court cases . BTW there are 100 more cases in the pipeline

They were treated fairly by doctors and consultants. I didnt say they were treated fairly by the HSE

Well I see the "Stormtroopers " are out in force tonight . One Question .

Why are members of REGRET labelled "Antivaxx" , when all of their children HAVE BEEN VACCINATED ? .

VicMackey1 wrote: »
    They were treated fairly by doctors and consultants. I didnt say they were treated fairly by the HSE

Thats why the HSE lined them up as witnesses for the State . You know nothing about treatment protocol , just ask her Parents .

• Advertisement

Why are members of REGRET labelled "Antivaxx" , when all of their children HAVE BEEN VACCINATED ? .

Mu guess is that they were people that were not bothered either way by vaccines before the hpv vaccine and afterwards read some antivax shlte and were gullible enough to believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Who or what are you talking about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Because they're trying to dissuade other people from doing so. And I do not believe that they have vaccinated their children.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Thats why the HSE lined them up as witnesses for the State . You know nothing about treatment protocol , just ask her Parents .

Who did they line up as witnesses?

Because they're trying to dissuade other people from doing so. And I do not believe that they have vaccinated their children.

So Jonathen Irwin is a liar then??.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Maybe. I tend to put very little stock in the word of anti-vaxxers.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,488 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Their research link has the usual bunch of howlers on it - Sanevax (Norma Erickson), Tomjleovic the oft-retracted 'researcher,' etc.

I doubt they've had their children vaccinated with HPV. They're anti-HPV.

Maybe. I tend to put very little stock in the word of anti-vaxxers.

You are not fit to lace his shoes . When you do as much good for society as this man has let us know .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You are not fit to lace his shoes . When you do as much good for society as this man has let us know .

does that mean that nothing he says can be questioned and he is beyond reproach?

does that mean that nothing he says can be questioned and he is beyond reproach?

Question all you like, but his track record speaks for his honesty and integrity .

• Advertisement

I would be very interested to hear who they lined up as witnesses. How many doctors are we talking about? Do you actually have any clue what you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ironically if there are ever going to be widespread laws enforcing vaccination it's going to because of anti-vaxxers and their enablers.

Never a good sign that a person actually has a valid argument when they godwin

The weird hero worship thing you're doing here reeks of bad faith to be honest.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Has he never been wrong then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭paul71

Question all you like, but his track record speaks for his honesty and integrity .

Tripe

Weitbrecht was expelled from the group within six months . He made nothing . All the children of present members have been vaccinated . Explain why they are "Antivaxxers" .

That's absolute crap. He made thousands out of families in regret.

Now go read my post again about the difference between the parents and Weitbrecht/Cannon/etc.

Either that or a complete idiot. Or both.

Ipso wrote: »
    A pattern emerges.

Indeed.

And they also fundraised a lot of money that has never been accounted for too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,822 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The track record of vaccines is that millions of deaths and disabilities have been prevented. But you don't want that track record to speak for itself.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement