Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

“5G suppresses oxygen intake.”

It also increases carbon emissions !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ah no, y'see travel shots are different from vaccines.

The only thing you need to worry about with travel shots are the nanobots that are part of the shot so that passengers on a plane can be taken out when the CIA/NASA/knights Templar want to crash a jet into a building at the request of the illuminati lizard people in order to silence someone who has proof that the world is flat.

..... Didn't you now that????!!! Tisk..... Sheeple

Apologies.... I need to use anti-vaxxer speak. What I meant to say was:

Ah no, y'see allegedly travel shots are different from vaccines.

Allegedly the only thing you need to worry about with travel shots are the nanobots that are part of the shot so that passengers on a plane can be taken out when the CIA/NASA/knights Templar want to crash a jet into a building at the request of the illuminati lizard people in order to silence someone who has proof that the world is flat.

See what I did there? Now I have made all arguments useless because I didn't say anything

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

US was warned of threat from anti-vaxxers in event of pandemic

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/27/us-warning-pandemic-anti-vaxxers
    The paper also says that such movements have received a boost in recent years due to their “alignment with other conspiracy movements including the far right … and social media misinformation and propaganda campaigns by many foreign and domestic actors. Included among these actors is the Internet Research Agency, the Russian government–aligned organization.”

Ben Harris-Roxas at the University of New South Wales, an expert on public health, endorsed the epidemiological reasoning in the paper.

“Vaccine hesitancy represents a significant threat – not just for any Covid-19 vaccine that might be developed, but also to measures that might assist people and health services now, such as people getting flu vaccinations,” he said.

Again, not a "harmless" belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Xertz

“5G suppresses oxygen intake.”

It also increases carbon emissions !

Only if 5G devices are swallowed. The larger mobiles tend to get stuck, restricting your windpipe,

It was much harder to swallow a 1972 P&T rotary dial phone, hence they’re preferred by those who feel this may be a problem for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Anti-vax gets a mention, but a good read overall. I didn't realize just how pervasive the quackery was.
    "Pseudoscience and COVID-19 — we’ve had enough already"

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01266-z

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

From YLYL thread...

Mr Crispy wrote: »

"anti-vax deserves a voice" :rolleyes:

Coronavirus: Arrests in Hyde Park as lockdown protesters denounce 'fake' virus
    Protesters who are angry about the lockdown held up signs with ignorant and incorrect messages about the coronavirus.

Protesters who are angry about the lockdown held up signs with ignorant and incorrect messages about the coronavirus.

So situation normal then.

Didn't realize "Jezzas" brother was one of the anti-vax nutters. Can't find where Jezza is on this but I don't recall him being that stupid (on this issue, anyway.)

I liked the line from SNL a few weeks back - "Anti-vaxxers hate the idea of a Covid vaccine because they won't be able to breastfeed their teenagers."

Nice piece debunking the current round of Bill Gates anti-vax conspiracy nonsense. That garbage is making the rounds out here in West Kerry, so it must be pretty pervasive. But, there are many anti-vax flat-earthers here, so no surprise.

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/bill-gates-coronavirus-conspiracy-the-anti-vaccine-trope-debunked-again/

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Nice piece debunking the current round of Bill Gates anti-vax conspiracy nonsense. That garbage is making the rounds out here in West Kerry, so it must be pretty pervasive. But, there are many anti-vax flat-earthers here, so no surprise.

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/bill-gates-coronavirus-conspiracy-the-anti-vaccine-trope-debunked-again/

Healy Rae voters?

I ask in all seriousness because anyone I know from Kerry wouldn't be into this crap and despise them.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Healy Rae voters?

I ask in all seriousness because anyone I know from Kerry wouldn't be into this crap and despise them.

Generic chancers. Usually younger "Peninsulars." Move out here to live in a yurt, busk for a living and stay on the dole. Have kids that are too sacred to risk to the evils of vaccination.

Similar to the US versions. Complaining about 5G all the time, too, and contrails, too.

Would only vote Green I think, if they vote at all. Definitely not the Healy-Rae supporting type, until they need the road fixed.

UCD professor asked to resign from EU committee over Covid-19 claims
    Dolores Cahill promised to ‘debunk’ pandemic in interview with alt-right activist

Bloody hell - anti-vax, covid immunity for life from vitamins, hydroxychloroquine, Irexit - how did she get to become a prof?
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Dolores Cahill promised to ‘debunk’ pandemic in interview with alt-right activist

Bloody hell - anti-vax, covid immunity for life from vitamins, hydroxychloroquine, Irexit - how did she get to become a prof?

And why is a Eurosceptic a member of an EU committee?

By doing research and publishing up till about 2014. Then apparently got on the government science committee gravy train and was on various 'policy' boards. You can check yourself on her publications and research interests at UCD. And she's been hanging with the big liars of the anti-vax underbelly like Del Bigtree on youtube.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Given how recent Covid-19 is we still can't be sure how long lasting any immunity could be. Asymptomatic transmission is the biggie.

Here is an alternative view on immunity to hers from someone who's been at the sharp end of infectious disease. In the case of malaria "immunity" means survivors still get reinfected but it's not as lethal.

Covid-19: 'I could guarantee you a biblical plague by Christmas,' warns UCC Professor
    “The problem with malaria immunity is it doesn’t stop you getting infected, it doesn’t stop the course of your infection,” he says.

“But it does allow you to suppress the parasite density in your blood. You still carry it around, but you’ve got a better balance in the war with the parasite. It becomes a chronic disease.

“In Africa, by the time you are five years old, you either have enough malaria immunity to keep you alive for the rest of your life, or you didn’t make it.”

Similarities between malaria and Covid-19

Prof Killeen says malaria has “lots of analogies with Covid-19”.

“Most people are not vulnerable, but there is a small proportion of the population that is and they really pay the price and they rely on the immune people to do all the things that are required to protect them.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Igotadose wrote: »
    Generic chancers. Usually younger "Peninsulars." Move out here to live in a yurt, busk for a living and stay on the dole. Have kids that are too sacred to risk to the evils of vaccination.

Similar to the US versions. Complaining about 5G all the time, too, and contrails, too.

Would only vote Green I think, if they vote at all. Definitely not the Healy-Rae supporting type, until they need the road fixed.
    New age travellers?

A Cork bookshop owner has defended her decision to ask customers to wear masks coming into her shop to protect against Covid-19 following backlash on social media.

Joan Lucey, who owns Vibes and Scribes on Lavitt’s Quay in Cork city centre, re-opened her shop on Tuesday and asked customers to wear a mask and, if they didn’t have one with them, the shop was happy to provide one.

“But we were very surprised when we discovered this really bad reaction on line with some people going on to our Facebook page, accusing us of trying to humiliate them and others saying that they were going to blacklist us.”

Among the comments posted on the Vibes and Scribes Facebook page was one stating “Compulsory masks and sanitizers [sic] are my reasons for blacklisting the shops. It’s not Covid that kills small business, it’s those shops’ own policies.”

Another person expressed delight that Vibes and Scribes was after re-opening but said they would “not step a foot inside unless you remove the absurd requirement for people to wear masks”.

“Happy to see you have been ‘allowed’ to reopen but very disappointed to see your mask policy! Big NO to masks!! Not necessary, not mandatory! Won’t be visiting your store or any store that has a mask policy,” said another.

It appears some of those expressing strong opposition to Vibes and Scribes policy have links to the anti-vaccinations but Ms Lucey said she was simply following HSE advice on masks out of concern for her staff and customers.

Coronavirus: Bookshop owner defends facemask policy amid online backlash

• Registered Users Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Given how recent Covid-19 is we still can't be sure how long lasting any immunity could be. Asymptomatic transmission is the biggie.

Here is an alternative view on immunity to hers from someone who's been at the sharp end of infectious disease. In the case of malaria "immunity" means survivors still get reinfected but it's not as lethal.

Covid-19: 'I could guarantee you a biblical plague by Christmas,' warns UCC Professor
    media loves the extreme statements

Must be a few of them posting in the restrictions and main covid threads; Thick as sh1t is how I'd describe them.

• Advertisement

An analysis of what's going on in Covid-19 'peer review.' The Surgisphere scandal is really frustrating; the lead author on the papers simply lent his name to the two unethical 'researchers' that fabricated their data. Fortunately the papers were quickly retracted, unfortunately they were published in the first place. The enormous worldwide pressure for a working Covid treatment shouldn't mean relaxation of rules. I'm personally ignoring any Covid treatment/vaccine articles I'm seeing, they're just hype at this point till the studies are done and reviewed.

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/coronavirus-research-peer-review-by-press-release-this-is-not-science/#Coronavirus_peer_review_%E2%80%93_the_ugly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Anti vaxxing is about to get a shot with tennis fans.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1252047961468612608

And, inevitably...

Hoop66 wrote: »

Hopefully he will be okay, but talk about absolute karma.

Some anti-vax humor

applevax.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

There is a huuge scandal about to break. Apparently we have been consuming vast quantities of dihydrogen monoxide. It is deadly in large amounts, can cause serious injury and is known to transmit diseases. Chemicals are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ipso wrote: »
    There is a huuge scandal about to break. Apparently we have been consuming vast quantities of dihydrogen monoxide. It is deadly in large amounts, can cause serious injury and is known to transmit diseases. Chemicals are bad.

Seen that earlier, and to think it's added to so many foods!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

People really are jerks you know that.
    It's funny I'd wager most if not all of the people bashing the requirement have never shopped there. Never intended to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Seen that earlier, and to think it's added to so many foods!

It's also added to every public swimming pool!

Pherekydes wrote: »
    It's also added to every public swimming pool!
    OMG - to think our children have to swim in that? :eek:

• Advertisement

Ipso wrote: »

It literally causes iron to rust. Yet pharmaceuticals and corporations have no issues whatsoever adding it to their products.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement