Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Breadsons wrote: »
    My niece was born home birth, her mother never allowed her to have vaccinations to this day, she had an impeccable school attendance and now is in collage and still never got vaccinated. I got the flu jab three years ago and was crook the whole winter with colds. Vaccination is a big pharma scam.

Cool story.

A friend of mine wasn't vaccinated against polio. Now she's in a wheelchair. Cos of polio.

Rejecting vaccines is a wheelchair-lobby scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

People should open their eyes and see that it's not the pharma industry that's making a fortune from gullible people (clinical trials are verrry expensive) but the companies selling homeopathic remedies - no trials, no regulation and they are just selling you water. That's where the profit is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

HSE warning after outbreak of measles in Dublin

Can I please ask those who weren't vaccinated to say indoors both for their sake and ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I lost a child hood friend because he wasn't vaccinated, not sure what it was that actually killed him, may have been chicken pox. It was back in the 80s. The thing is, to this day I still remember him complaining to the teacher in school that he was unwell and had a headache. He went home from school. The next time I saw him, he was being wheeled around in what was essentially a bed wheelchair. He was like that for around 5 years until he succumbed to whatever damage was done to his brain.

Yea. Vaccines don't work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Never before have we had so much information at our finger tips, yet many are even more uniformed than ever before.

Never before has it been so easy to find 'information' that reinforces your own wilful ignorance. Add the option to block anybody who counters any flaw in your position and stupidity goes viral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

To echo the sentiment expressed above.......

......well done ****tards, your ****ed philosophy is ****ing up actual ****ing lives.....

Outbreak of measles in Dublin has now spread to Meath
    THE OUTBREAK OF measles in Dublin has now spread to Meath.
    Two cases were confirmed in Dublin last Friday, 20 October but there are now seven confirmed cases of measles affecting both Dublin and Meath.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-41724996
    A new vaccine that could prevent up to nine-in-10 cases of typhoid fever has been recommended by the World Health Organization.

Experts say it could have a "huge impact" on the 22 million cases, and 220,000 deaths, from typhoid each year.

Yes providing clean water and sewage treatment might have a similar impact but given the way wealth and power have been hoarded throughout recorded history that isn't going to happen any time soon.

The bad news brigade can harp on about it being only 87% effective.

But that's enough that if everyone in affected countries took it the death rate could be slashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,392 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

HSE warning after outbreak of measles in Dublin

Can I please ask those who weren't vaccinated to say indoors both for their sake and ours.

Some poor kids are going to suffer due to neglect from parents.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Some poor kids are going to suffer due to neglect from parents.

No, those lentil-weaving nut-jobs will be the first to elbow in demanding a vaccine when it comes anywhere near their snowflakes. After spreading it to immunio-compromised children and killing them first of course.

Or they'll do a Daily Mail Sad Face article about how they were misled by Facebook click-bait claiming kale and homeopathy was protection enough and now want to sue the HSE because their child was left with a disability and "whaaaah, nobody told us how dangerous measles would be to Fuinnéog, but thankfully by using crystal therapy he's going to be ok. Jack down the road died though. He was disabled already though because his mother used deodorant while pregnant"

Never their fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Jawgap wrote: »
    To echo the sentiment expressed above.......

......well done ****tards, your ****ed philosophy is ****ing up actual ****ing lives.....

Outbreak of measles in Dublin has now spread to Meath

I heard this on the radio last night. I really wish they'd taken the opportunity to point out that measles can cause blindness and brain damage. Might have made some people cop themselves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Neyite wrote: »
    No, those lentil-weaving nut-jobs will be the first to elbow in demanding a vaccine when it comes anywhere near their snowflakes. After spreading it to immunio-compromised children and killing them first of course.

Or they'll do a Daily Mail Sad Face article about how they were misled by Facebook click-bait claiming kale and homeopathy was protection enough and now want to sue the HSE because their child was left with a disability and "whaaaah, nobody told us how dangerous measles would be to Fuinnéog, but thankfully by using crystal therapy he's going to be ok. Jack down the road died though. He was disabled already though because his mother used deodorant while pregnant"

Never their fault.

On a tangential note to this... my wife spotted an urgent request for information re. "out of hours homeopath" on Facebook over the bank holiday weekend. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

jooksavage wrote: »
    On a tangential note to this... my wife spotted an urgent request for information re. "out of hours homeopath" on Facebook over the bank holiday weekend. :o

https://www.water.ie/contact-us/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

jooksavage wrote: »

That's a little scary really. If they need someone urgently out of hours I wonder what it was for. You would hope no-one would die by relying on homeopaths when they should be going to A+E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Surely in homeopathic terms, the best homeopath is the one you can't get hold of to give you anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭jh79

Good review of recent recent research linking autism to aluminium adjuvants in vaccines.

In September, antivaccine “researchers” Christopher Shaw and Lucija Tomljenovic published a study claiming to link aluminum adjuvants in vaccines to neuroinflammation and autism. Naturally, the antivaccine movement pointed to it as slam dunk evidence that vaccines cause autism. It’s not. In fact, not only is it bad science, but it might well be fraudulent.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/torturing-mice-data-and-figures-in-the-name-of-antivaccine-pseudoscience/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

The anti-vaxxers give me a pain in the tits. And they all fit the same bloody profile too...

"Mary (34, vaccinated), who tells it like it is (tm), knows what's best for HER kids regardless of what any Doctor says. A degree holder from the "School of Hard Knocks" with a Masters Degree from the "University of Life", Mary loves putting pictures with passive aggressive sayings that are mis-attributed to famous people on her Facebook profile, mostly to have a go at her partner. Many of her friends secretly think she's a complete spa."

Did I get it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    The anti-vaxxers give me a pain in the tits. And they all fit the same bloody profile too...

"Mary (34, vaccinated), who tells it like it is (tm), knows what's best for HER kids regardless of what any Doctor says. A degree holder from the "School of Hard Knocks" with a Masters Degree from the "University of Life", Mary loves putting pictures (usually of minions) with passive aggressive sayings that are mis-attributed to famous people on her Facebook profile, mostly to have a go at her partner. Many of her friends secretly think she's a complete spa."

Did I get it right?

Almost. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

"Mary (34, vaccinated), who tells it like it is (tm), knows what's best for HER kids regardless of what any Doctor says. A degree holder from the "School of Hard Knocks" with a Masters Degree from the "University of Life", Mary loves putting pictures with passive aggressive sayings that are mis-attributed to famous people on her Facebook profile, mostly to have a go at her partner. Many of her friends secretly think she's a complete spa."

Did I get it right?

Is that the School of Hard Knocks to the Head?

Did I get it right?
    How about ?
    "Speaking as a mother ..."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Did I get it right?

If I could spread that on my garden, I might finally have a chance of winning the Royal Variety.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Just wait until they cop on to Vaccination-over-IP

"Voice-over-IP" is just a red herring to throw them off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

How about ?
    "Speaking as a mother ..."

And "I've done my research ..."

fcuking tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Looks like we could be getting one of those anti-vaxxers as our new President:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sf-mep-in-line-for-run-at-ras-ruled-out-hpv-vaccination-for-her-daughter-37166082.html

Amazing that she was ever elected as an MEP with those views.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

blanch152 wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sf-mep-in-line-for-run-at-ras-ruled-out-hpv-vaccination-for-her-daughter-37166082.html

Nah

Candidate maybe. President no.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

blanch152 wrote: »

If what was she stated in that article is true, ie, she had 24 hours to say yay or nay to consent, do you consider that long enough time to weigh the pros and cons of what is an important medical issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭jh79

If what was she stated in that article is true, ie, she had 24 hours to say yay or nay to consent, do you consider that long enough time to weigh the pros and cons of what is an important medical issue?

She was asked to clarify her postion on the HPV vaccine on twitter, by David Robert Grimes and rather than do so, blocked him.

While she might have only been given the consent form the day before it was a high profile vaccination campaign that everybody in the country knew about.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

Read the first few pages and see that most people think anti vaxers are wrong.
    Just wondering when you say anti vaxers did research and decided against vaccinating, have most of you pro vaxers done research also, as in read studies about various vaccinations before vaccination or have you just gone along with your doctors plan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Read the first few pages and see that most people think anti vaxers are wrong.
    Just wondering when you say anti vaxers did research and decided against vaccinating, have most of you pro vaxers done research also, as in read studies about various vaccinations before vaccination or have you just gone along with your doctors plan?

Listening to anti vaxx groups on Facebook or their own sites is not "doing research".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement