Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightweight Waterproof Rucksack (no laptop space needed)

Options
  • 25-08-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a lightweight everyday waterproof rucksack and don't need laptop space, any recommendations please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

If it was me I'd use an ordinary rucksack and put my stuff into a drybag inside. They're cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I've said it before and I'll say it again "bin liners". One reason for using them is even if you have a waterproof rucksack its not a lot of good if you have wet cloths, wet waterproofs and worst of all a wet tent to pack inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I don't need the rucksack for camping its just daily use around town.

Zelda247 wrote: »
    I don't need the rucksack for camping its just daily use around town.

In that case your average chinese rucksack will be more than adequate, however you need to get one with straps and a pull down top flap. They are more waterproof ones with zips at the top.

In all honesty these questions about waterproof this and that are really naive because unless you want to use industrial grade gear that is so stiff and heavy its not that practical you won't get anything that is 100% waterproof. In the case of rucksacks there are just too many seams.

I bumped into a couple of walkers on a "soft" day recently and they wanted to take photos of my dogs. Out of the rucksack came their phones that were stored in plastic kitchen zip lock bags - the art of common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I am looking for a lightweight everyday waterproof rucksack and don't need laptop space, any recommendations please?

https://www.alpkit.com/products/gourdon-20

Fantastic bit of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

sparrowcar wrote: »

this sounds perfect, many thanks indeed!

this sounds perfect, many thanks indeed!

If you get one let us know how you get on with it?

For me 20l would be too small for anything much, I've seen women carrying bigger hand bags. Also the roll top dry bag closure would make access to anything not at the top of the bag annoyingly awkward.

However if you only need a 20l bag then its the right size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭Masala

http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360092372/dhb-Slice-30L-Rucksack-Rucksacks-Black-2016-NUXXX30L-13.jpg?w=2000&h=2000&a=7

I throw this recommendation into the mix!!! Built in Raincover so never caught out in that shower. Pockets galore....free postage and unlike the above..its in stock today!!!

Advertisement