Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I get to FTTC?

Options
  • 25-08-2017 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

I recently trundled into the EIR shop in the Crescent Limerick to place an order for broadband.
    I had recently just moved into a house and it's obviously one of the things to check off the list.Previous tenant had told the landlord that "great broadband" was available at the house.

Guy in the shop proceeded to tell me speeds of up to 50mb were available at my house.
    He places order, I get a notification of a parcel coming to me by courier which I was never informed about.
    It wasnt too much hassle so I collected, anyway. Technician arrives on install day and making small talk and he explains that the order put through for me was for adsl, even though he had done plenty of efibre installs for my neighbours ( I live in a estate). He advised to go ahead with the install anyway as it must of been an administrative error or possibly the exchange was at capacity.

He comes back anyway telling me that he had done the install and there was capacity available to me in the cabinet and would be no issue getting Eir to rectify the "administrative" issue.

Anyway, I call your support line and go through the usual explaining whats happened, agent took 4 working days to call me back and has basically advised that it was not possible for this service at my house and he wasn't able to tell me the reason.

He said he would investigate further and request a manual test but hes certain it will come back with the same response. He also advised me not to believe everything the technician who carried out the work told me.

I can go to your own website right now and input my phone number and eircode and tell me that speeds of up to 50mb are available at my house which would indicate a vdsl service and not the adsl service which I'm now paying for which isn't what I ordered or was promised.

Is it possible that this can properly be investigated, I work in IT and rely heavily on broadband use and I may end up having to move house due to issue. I am first time customer of yours and this isn't exactly how I pictured new customers to be treated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Howdy,

I recently trundled into the EIR shop in the Crescent Limerick to place an order for broadband.
    I had recently just moved into a house and it's obviously one of the things to check off the list.Previous tenant had told the landlord that "great broadband" was available at the house.

Guy in the shop proceeded to tell me speeds of up to 50mb were available at my house.
    He places order, I get a notification of a parcel coming to me by courier which I was never informed about.
    It wasnt too much hassle so I collected, anyway. Technician arrives on install day and making small talk and he explains that the order put through for me was for adsl, even though he had done plenty of efibre installs for my neighbours ( I live in a estate). He advised to go ahead with the install anyway as it must of been an administrative error or possibly the exchange was at capacity.

He comes back anyway telling me that he had done the install and there was capacity available to me in the cabinet and would be no issue getting Eir to rectify the "administrative" issue.

Anyway, I call your support line and go through the usual explaining whats happened, agent took 4 working days to call me back and has basically advised that it was not possible for this service at my house and he wasn't able to tell me the reason.

He said he would investigate further and request a manual test but hes certain it will come back with the same response. He also advised me not to believe everything the technician who carried out the work told me.

I can go to your own website right now and input my phone number and eircode and tell me that speeds of up to 50mb are available at my house which would indicate a vdsl service and not the adsl service which I'm now paying for which isn't what I ordered or was promised.

Is it possible that this can properly be investigated, I work in IT and rely heavily on broadband use and I may end up having to move house due to issue. I am first time customer of yours and this isn't exactly how I pictured new customers to be treated
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing since placing your order. Can you PM me your account number and full name so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

PM sent with account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

A selection of my neighbours SSID's, mine being at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

A selection of my neighbours SSID's, mine being at the top.
    Thanks, I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

Advertisement