Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Grant for PhD Students?

• 25-08-2017 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I have a year left in my PhD and just checking if I might be entitled to a grant.

I was always under the impression that "mature, independent" PhD students that are receiving a stipend (€16,000 a year), are not eligible to also receive a postgraduate grant i.e SUZI.

However, I recently heard that there may have been a change to this?

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Zoinks

I tried this as my scholarship ended, and was rejected on the basis that I was in my fourth year of postgraduate study (including Masters). There could be other eligibility criteria at play, but that one's definitely a big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

You can only apply for grant assistance for a maximum 2 years of post graduate studies, even if you have not received previous grant assistance. Therefore if you are into a 3rd year or more of post graduate studies, you would not be eligible for grant assistance.

Students that are in receipt of a stipend may be eligible for grant assistance for post graduate studies.

Advertisement