Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steps to separation

• 25-08-2017 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Quick background story....My marriage ended early last year. Wasn't happy and moved out and got my own place now. Still see the kids 4-5 days a week. We don't really talk, except if it has to do with the kids. I want to move on and get separated, but not sure what steps to take. I'm meeting someone new at the moment, and when she found out, I was punished by not being allowed mind the kids in the house (I have always paid for half of everything)....even though she would have been at work. Also, I used put them to bed one night a week, and that was also taken from me. So to ensure this wouldn't keep happening, I suggested mediation to her. Sent her all the relevant info, but she point blank refused. Said there's no need and there's nothing to mediate. But it's not going to stop me moving on. So basically, what are my next steps to getting separated? Neither of us want the stress of things getting messy and I want to keep it as civil as possible. After everything is paid every week, I have about €50 left, so don't want to be involving solicitors if possible. I probably have bits left out, but any advice is appreciated.

Advertisement