Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent increase query.

Options
  • 25-08-2017 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi looking if someone has the answer to this as i am not to up on the recent changes. I moved into my current apartment over two years ago and the rent was 1550 and obviously they could not raise it last year, this year they have raised it to 1694, is this possible as i thought it could only be raised by 4%? which would mean it should have been raised by 62 euro. Am i missing something? The third year of my lease started in April if that helps.

The apartment is in Dublin CC.

Thanks for any insights.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Hi looking if someone has the answer to this as i am not to up on the recent changes. I moved into my current apartment over two years ago and the rent was 1550 and obviously they could not raise it last year, this year they have raised it to 1694, is this possible as i thought it could only be raised by 4%? which would mean it should have been raised by 62 euro. Am i missing something? The third year of my lease started in April if that helps.

The apartment is in Dublin CC.

Thanks for any insights.

If you moved in two years ago my calculations are the Maximum rent permitted:
    €1619.75

However, it depends on how long exactly you are there and when was the last rent increase.

Here's a link to the RTB calculator and you can input the date your lease commenced and date new rent to take effect. Remember they have to give 3 months notice of an increase.

https://www.rtb.ie/rent-pressure-zones/rpz-calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Masterofballs

gizmo81 wrote: »
    If you moved in two years ago my calculations are the Maximum rent permitted:
    €1619.75

However, it depends on how long exactly you are there and when was the last rent increase.

Here's a link to the RTB calculator and you can input the date your lease commenced and date new rent to take effect. Remember they have to give 3 months notice of an increase.

https://www.rtb.ie/rent-pressure-zones/rpz-calculator

Thank you very much.

Advertisement