Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find a place? 24/M Full time software engineer.

Options
  • 25-08-2017 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hello, been living around friends houses for past week and it feels terrible.

I have good references available, I am 24, non smoker and non-party person, working full time as software engineer have steady income but over past week I still failed to find anything.

I've got alerts setup on daft such as: ~900 Eur per month for studio/flat in South Dublin.

and ~700 eur per month for ensuite room anywhere in South Dublin.

Most that are coming up are - For students, Sunday to Friday only and other bs like that.

Am I being too optimistic with my search parameters?
    Any tips? Should I wait out until mid september for all this student deal to blow over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I presume you're taking about Dublin. Move to Drogheda, get somewhere, get the train in. Keep looking, move back to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This is peak season. Students looking too at this time of year.
    Monday to Friday are usually family homes. They only want students & want the family home to themselves at home weekends.
    Good luck in your search. Hopefully it won't be too long

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭jamesthepeach

Check Airbnb.
    There are Partners being let out for a few months at a time at the same daily rate or.just slightly more than rent would cost you.
    You'll be able to renew for maybe 5 months or so and then have to look for another one. And the longer you block book the bigger the discounts offered. Then if you still haven't found a long term rental just find another airbnb. And keep looking for a long term place while in it.

Plus is that it's not a main source of rentals yet so you should find it easy to find somewhere using that method.
    It won't stay that way for long though. Everyone will cotton on to that method soon enough.

Advertisement