Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race Around Ireland 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Unless you want to be crew for an Ultra attempt?

I'll crew for you if you return the favour once in the following 4 years :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Pat Doocey, has just finished. Outside the time limit but finished all the same.

Tough man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Well lads, a 99er here. That was some battle. Threw everything at ye (STCC) and Veloroos including the kitchen sink to claw back minutes. Wasn't to be. For three teams to finish that close is unreal.

A penalty early on proved the difference between 2nd and 3rd for us, 4mins in it at the end.

Kudos to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was lucky enough to be part of the 4 person winning team.. Team Aspect from Co.Kilkenny.

It was the toughest test of mental and physical endurance I've ever experienced but also the most rewarding.

We four cyclists buried ourselves for four days and led the race from gun to tape but believe me the winning of the race around Ireland is all about the crew and in my opinion we had the best crew in the history of this race.

We cyclists had to concentrate only on riding our bikes as everything else from navigation,strategy,nutrition etc.. was left to our magnificent crew and they executed with a professionalism that Team Sky can only dream about.

Well done to all who completed this race in whatever capacity you may have participated .

Well done Charlie. I just copped what club ye are with. Are ye all Comer men?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I see pre entry is up for interested parties for 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Nice video from The Veloroos.

Advertisement