Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron and Wine @ The Helix

Options
  • 26-08-2017 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭

New album out now 'Beast Epic' and it's lovely.
    Playing The Helix on February 14th. No ticket sale details yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

This Wednesday, haven't been in the Helix in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Shame it's in the Helix...will never go back after the Modest Mouse disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Pacifico wrote: »
    That was their sound engineer, it was perfect for Sufjan Stevens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads are tickets still on sale for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

They seem to be. I have 2 standing ones you can have for 50 quid if you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Pacifico wrote: »

Same as. Most disappointing gig by a mile that I was at. I'd go as far as to say I was distraught after it. I was so looking forward to that gig for ages. And then for 2 hours just listening to mumbling junk, hoping that it would get rectified any minute, and then finishing in disappointment that it didn't.

Was it really all the bands fault? Did they even acknowledge it afterwards. It was so bad that it would warrant a refixture. Or was it just a case of "tough luck, thats' the way it goes".

Magnificent gig. The man is on a different level.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Magnificent gig. The man is on a different level.

Couldn't agree more. Loved it. His band are amazing. Loved the venue too. Sound was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Shout out to the girl behind me who was noisily eating crisps during his acoustic interlude; you are very special.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Love that they're opening with 'The Trapeze Swinger'. Unbelievable song.

• Advertisement

Shout out to the girl behind me who was noisily eating crisps during his acoustic interlude; you are very special.

That’s a real pity. The crowd around me behaved impeccably last night. It makes a huge difference.

Advertisement