Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 Matchday Thread. 3pm teams in op

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

33 with Kane (c), Eriksen, Foster and Salah to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Anybody know what % have Kane CPT

16.4% according to fpldiscovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    27 from 6.
    Foster, Bavies, Mane, Phillips and Kane (C) to go.

OR 286k

29 points with Hegazi, Eriksen, Willian and Kane (C) to go.

Guy who is top of my work league captained Lukaku, and had Clark on the bench... But he has Fonte in his starting 11, who didn't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

26 with 6 including Captain Firmino to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green arrows
    Need some Kaneage tomorrow
    4pm Sunday captain
    It worked a lot last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

40 (-4) with Alli, Firmino and Foster left. Up 628k places to 273k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

16 from 2 before the united game. Forgot to change my captain to Alonso, so Lukaku captain makes it 16 from 3.

Duffy's 9 points laughing at me from the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Up to 218k with Kolasinac, Luiz, Alli(C), mane, siggy and Rooney to go...

Delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

23 with Foster, Davies, Willian and Kane (C) to go.

There's no-one in the top 10 of my main private league with Kane captained. Only 3 actually own him. If that's a reflection of the overall picture :eek:

The success of this gameweek all depends on him now really. If he blanks, nothing is going to really change in terms of the overall rankings and he will drop in price, but if he could bag say a brace....

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    23 with Foster, Davies, Willian and Kane (C) to go.

There's no-one in the top 10 of my main private league with Kane captained. Only 3 actually own him. If that's a reflection of the overall picture :eek:

The success of this gameweek all depends on him now really. If he blanks, nothing is going to really change in terms of the overall rankings and he will drop in price, but if he could bag say a brace....
    Exact same story in my main league

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Pep doesn't view aguero as his key man so its not a like for like comparison. From memory Ronaldo was rotated the very odd time. Rafa did rotate Gerrard. Has klopp rotated coutinho apart from that EL run when nothing was at stake in the league. Jose tends not to rotate his key men drogba, lampard who you can compare to lukaku pogba now
    Who is/are Pep key men then?
    KDB? But he's now playing him in an anti-FPL position. D. Silva the safer bet but he did get rotated too (admittedly not as much as Kun). Sané who looked like a favourite of Pep last year is now.
    Pep wasn't rotating in Barça. And not like that in Bayern.

Yes Coutinho was rotated last year. The safest player was Firmino.
    I don't remember Klopp rotating that much his key players (Lewandowski and Błaszczykowski) in Dortmund.

I rest my case about the new internal competitivity of PL being a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

30 (-4) with Kolasinac, Hegazi, Mane and Kane(c) to play

Chicarito (1) and Lukaku(0) were the big letdowns. 29 from 5 and Silva was the only one to get bps. :eek: :P

De Gea(7), Daniels(7), Silva(6), Ritchie(6), Matic(3)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Who is/are Pep key men then?
    KDB? But he's now playing him in an anti-FPL position. D. Silva the safer bet but he did get rotated too (admittedly not as much as Kun). Sané who looked like a favourite of Pep last year is now.
    Pep wasn't rotating in Barça. And not like that in Bayern.

Yes Coutinho was rotated last year. The safest player was Firmino.
    I don't remember Klopp rotating that much his key players (Lewandowski and Błaszczykowski) in Dortmund.

I rest my case about the new internal competitivity of PL being a factor.
    I think you are forgetting all the rotation that has taken place in the past.
    Coutinho started a game after the international break in september on the bench and then him and firmino started on the bench in an away game in april against stoke which was the 3rd game in a week. Benitez would have done similar if not more with gerrard back in the day. I wouldnt be calling that a rotated player him not starting 2 league games. Under mancini/pellegroni city had aguero/tevez/dzeko/ballotelli these were rotated. I dont think anything has changed some key players have always missed games and will continue to do so. Pep has 2 strikers and has tried to get both in the team but he isnt going to go through the season playing 2 up front. When he goes with 1 its early days but I feel he favours jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Doubt it effects anyone ff wise but apparently Karius is starting in goal for Liverpool today.
    Unclear if mig has been dropped or is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Desperate for Kane to do something today after getting him in for Jesus for a -4. Was toying with giving Jesus one more shot after the price drop but bit the bullet on Kane as I see him as a long term play even if he doesn't score in the next couple of games.

I'd even be happy with just the one goal and endure the -4 and BP difference, seeing another 1 (or 2 as I have him captained) vs Jesus 9 would be a difference of 12 points :-o c'mon Harry!

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Doubt it effects anyone ff wise but apparently Karius is starting in goal for Liverpool today.
    Unclear if mig has been dropped or is injured.

It affects me as I have Ramsey and Karius is not the best :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

km79 wrote: »
    It affects me as I have Ramsey and Karius is not the best :D

Mig is no Gianluigi Buffon either :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Huge afternoon coming up. Need clean sheets from Alonso and Hegazi in the early games, with the added bonus of potential attacking points.

Then need goalfests in the 4pm games with Mane, Firmino, Eriksen and Kane (c). If I could pick 6 players from today's matches it would likely be these, all signs point to a big rank jump today... Please don't let me down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

34 with Foster, Alli, and Firmino to go.

Kane fear, Alonso fear, even fecking Hegazi fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Foster,Hegazi,Salah,Kane and Firmino to go.Currently on 20 points after big Rom captain fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Big day today if Lacazette can do some damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

28(-4) from 8 seems average enough. Nobody in Liverpool Arsenal game a worry.

Kane (c), Alli and Hegazi to play.

I was a little worried about Aguero and I had Aguero to Lacazette for a -8 set to go, on 'confirm transfer' and refreshing City Twitter at 11.29 but the came up on button of 11.30

Therefore Lacazette will get a brace today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

26 from 6. Captained Aguero, disappointed to see him start on bench. That city team are a disaster to predict and it will only get worse as year goes on.

Need one or two injuries to force peps hand me thinks. You'd think he has no consideration for fantasy managers or else he has no city players in his team and messing with his rivals : D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

24 (-4). Foster, Alli, Mane, Willian and captain Kane to go.

Leaving Naughton on the bench being the big fook up but, in fairness, all three selected defenders have kept clean sheets.

• Advertisement

A big day for me today.
    Kane(c), Trippier, Davies, Alonso and Salah all capable of big scores. I could really do with them as I've had a disappointed start to the season so far.

Hegazi, Willian, Fabregas, Alonso all start. Sigurdsson, Rooney too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Desperate for Kane to do something today after getting him in for Jesus for a -4. Was toying with giving Jesus one more shot after the price drop but bit the bullet on Kane as I see him as a long term play even if he doesn't score in the next couple of games.

I'd even be happy with just the one goal and endure the -4 and BP difference, seeing another 1 (or 2 as I have him captained) vs Jesus 9 would be a difference of 12 points :-o c'mon Harry!
    I also did Jesus to Kane for a -4. I took out Jesus and benteke for chicarito and Kane. I'm currently down 13 pts however if I didn't get Kane I'd have captained lukaku. So Kane captain just needs to get over 13 to make it a short term success.

Harsh enough on Calvert Lewin to be dropped !

I have Alonso fear
    And after that Liverpool midfield and firmino fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Decisive day for me ahead. I have players playing, so do most other players, they have players playing. I have points from yesterday, hope to get more today from other players that didn't play yesterday. Big day.

p.s. I really hope that thon player doesn't score cos I nearly transferred him in last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Harsh enough on Calvert Lewin to be dropped !

I have Alonso fear

He'll feature at some stage for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

13 from 4, captain Lukaku was a fail
    Alonso, Keane, Luiz, Fabregas, Salah, Alli, Iwobi, Kane all to go today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Everton:
    Pickford, Baines, Jagielka (c), Williams, Keane, Holgate, Davies, Gana, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Sandro.

subs: Stekelenburg, Lennon, Martina, Besic, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Kenny.

Chelsea:
    Courtois, Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger, Moses, Fabregas, Kante, Alonso, Willian, Morata, Pedro

subs: Caballero, Christensen, Tomori, Bakayoko, Kenedy, Musonda, Batshuyi

Stoke:
    Butland; Zouma, Shawcross, Martins Indi; Cameron, Fletcher, Allen, Pieters; Jese, Shaqiri; Choupo-Moting.

subs: Grant; Johnson, Berahino, Adam, Crouch, Bojan,

WBA:
    Foster, Nyom, Morrison, Livermore, Rondon, Phillips, Brunt, Barry, Rodriguez, Hegazi, Dawson

subs: Myhill, Wilson, Yacob, Field, McClean, Chadli, Burke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I think you are forgetting all the rotation that has taken place in the past.
    Coutinho started a game after the international break in september on the bench and then him and firmino started on the bench in an away game in april against stoke which was the 3rd game in a week. Benitez would have done similar if not more with gerrard back in the day. I wouldnt be calling that a rotated player him not starting 2 league games. Under mancini/pellegroni city had aguero/tevez/dzeko/ballotelli these were rotated. I dont think anything has changed some key players have always missed games and will continue to do so. Pep has 2 strikers and has tried to get both in the team but he isnt going to go through the season playing 2 up front. When he goes with 1 its early days but I feel he favours jesus.
    I don't think I'm forgetting past rotations.

I started playing the game during the season 2010/11. I genuinely find that the explosion of the PL TV rights 2/3 seasons ago increased the quality and quantity of the 20 PL teams and with a league getting more and more competitive,, coaches have more team management to do than in the past.

For example, I don't remember rotation in GW2 because of CL or EL playoff games (what Klopp did with TAA & Salah). You mention IBs that are a different story. It depends upon the games scheduling and the players. Sanchez and Suarez were almost never rested despite having sometimes barely 3 days of recovery.

Under Mancini/Pellegrini, Aguero was clearly the number 1 striker.. The other 3 you mentioned were rotated, especially Balotelli. And about Pep's prefrence, the end of last season would have let us think Aguero could very well be his favoured striker. Anyhow, Guardiola at City is managing a huge squad and experimenting a lot. So he's very hard to follow FPL-wise.

And about Klopp crazy rotations the year 'Pool reached EL final and Mourinho's one last year, I don't remember it being the same when Chelsea won CL in 2012 & EL in 2013. But maybe I was not owning their players...

Anyway, maybe I have this feeling because I always seem to own premium players that get rotated for the last 3 seasons (while I didn't previously and that I'm sure of). It definitely needs more monitoring but I see it as a natural thing looking at the current evolution of the league competitivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Alonso Willian Foster and Hegazi KO for me now.

Mon!

West brom stoke what a treat :D

At least I finally get to see Hegazi properly
    Need him to hold his place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I need to decide whether to keep him in the wc. How far away from a return is McAuley do we know?

I need to decide whether to keep him in the wc. How far away from a return is McAuley do we know?

After int break

Gueye booked.

Very fiery start at Stamford Bridge.

• Advertisement

West brom are looking shaky !
    Stoke meanwhile are defending zonally for set pieces . Asking to concede from one

Willian has started superbly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paully D wrote: »
    Willian has started superbly.

He needs to actually get a goal in one of these games. It's ridiculous he hasn't got more points yet.

West brom stoke is every bit as bad as I feared

A shockingly boring 0-0 would be absolutely fine.

Good save foster from deflected zouma shot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Don't worry, Chelsea Everton is as bad

Cesc goal

Fabregas (Morata).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Fabregas Goal

Advertisement