Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage application q

Options
  • 26-08-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi there,

Hoping to sell up next year and get a mortgage of around 100k to add to our funds from current house.

Husband started a new job last may with 1 year probation. Just wondering will the one years probation go towards required time banks want him to be in that job or will the 6-12 months required employment begin once the probation ends?

Also do they take part time work (permanent HSE) into account for application?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I can't see why they wouldn't back date it to when he started. From an employee's point of view, all that probation does is puts a threat over their head for the year. He's still working in the job all this time, just a bit less securely than he'll be once the year is up. I've a mortgage and in my present job, I started off on a 2-year contract. Then after I got promoted I had a year's probation. Neither got mentioned in the salary cert that HR filled out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 The_Causeway

jc11 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Hoping to sell up next year and get a mortgage of around 100k to add to our funds from current house.

Husband started a new job last may with 1 year probation. Just wondering will the one years probation go towards required time banks want him to be in that job or will the 6-12 months required employment begin once the probation ends?

Also do they take part time work (permanent HSE) into account for application?

Cheers

Once you're permanent they will take the income (once it's guaranteed). They will more than likely give you approval in principal with it being a condition of the loan that you provide evidence that he has passed probation before you are fully approved for the mortgage. They will take the 12 months into account from when he started i.e.
    Start in Jan, you apply in let's say May, they take that as 5 months employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I got my mortgage having just been offered my job...

Advertisement