Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gw4 - transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Roonbox

Just had a moment of madness and sold Willian, Aguero and Carroll for Silva, Morata and Mooy (for a -8!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I think the question is how close will Kane get towards the 2nd drop. Looks like he will have dropped by weekend.

I don't think he'll get anywhere near a second drop. And I don't think he'll get his first till nearer the end of the GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I don't think he'll get anywhere near a second drop. And I don't think he'll get his first till nearer the end of the GW.

Presume that was you with the hot topic on FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

When you get gareth barry in you only end up making 7 transfers all season. He is that good.

It was 14 he made in the end though right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Not making any changes until after the transfer window shuts and see how many of my players get injured on international duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Presume that was you with the hot topic on FFS

Yup. :)

One of the regular and fairly arrogant lads off there was posting stuff on his blog & twitter mis-interpreting the numbers and saying that rates of price changes hadn't actually changed since last season. So I couldn't resist taking the actual numbers to FFS although I haven't posted there for years. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Firmino in for aguero before his price rise last night.
    If he gets injured on international duty so be it but I did all my transfers early last season and only got caught out by not waiting for team news once. In return I probably gained about 2.5 million. That difference got me Marcos Alonso instead of someone like Erik pieters.

Admittedly I was very fortunate to only get caught out once and may not get the same luck this season but I think an occasional -4 to reverse an early transfer is worth an extra 2milion or so in the bank for the second half of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It was 14 he made in the end though right?

Ye he ended up with 14 . He was 7 transfer guy for a long time a good 10 weeks with Gareth Barry regularly coming off his bench with unlikely assists and goals. He was top 100 in the world in and around gw 30 before falling off the cliff in the run in. Little does he know what an fsa cult hero he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Firmino in for aguero before his price rise last night.
    If he gets injured on international duty so be it but I did all my transfers early last season and only got caught out by not waiting for team news once. In return I probably gained about 2.5 million. That difference got me Marcos Alonso instead of someone like Erik pieters.

Admittedly I was very fortunate to only get caught out once and may not get the same luck this season but I think an occasional -4 to reverse an early transfer is worth an extra 2milion or so in the bank for the second half of the season

Stopped myself Saturday night and Sunday from making this move with my FT only because I may need a defensive transfer as I have Danillo and Kola...

Well that's what I'm telling myself now. Truth is, I couldn't decide between Kun and Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ive the exact money in the bank for kdb to Sanchez for free
    If he moves to city I doubt I'll be able to resist :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

km79 wrote: »
    Ive the exact money in the bank for kdb to Sanchez for free
    If he moves to city I doubt I'll be able to resist :D

Is it a bit premature everyone getting rid of kdb.
    I'll prob keep him for those reasons.
    Same last year with Kane,
    I held him, I don't agree with being too rash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Is it a bit premature everyone getting rid of kdb.
    I'll prob keep him for those reasons.
    Same last year with Kane,
    I held him, I don't agree with being too rash

I got rid last week after seeing where he was being asked to operate. Looks like it might be an ongoing role for the near future also :

"Dutch interview with French subs, but he said he now plays as a defending midfielder. We all could see that, but maybe this means it will be for a longer period.
    "I haven't scored yet, but I'm playing as a defending midfielder. My role changed, but my games are good. I know what I bring to the team and what my role is. No one knows what I had to do. People think I play as an attacking midfielder, that's wrong. They see Kevin De Bruyne, attacking midfielder, so he has to score and give assists. But they don't look beyond that." "

Credit to BryndentheRaven on Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Lovren out Van Dijk In
    Gini out Lemar in

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I have found that every time I have KDB in my team he doesn't really perform. Happened multiple times last season and possibly the 15/16 one.

So it's for that scientific reason I'm considering dropping him after the Int break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Mad to consider Ramsey & Lukaku to Brady & Kane? Have 2FT and if it doesn't work out its easy to revert to Lukaku without taking hits to following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

COH wrote: »
    Mad to consider Ramsey & Lukaku to Brady & Kane? Have 2FT and if it doesn't work out its easy to revert to Lukaku without taking hits to following week.
    What's the logic? Lukaku is 3 up on Kane so far so what has changed your original decision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

CSF wrote: »
    What's the logic? Lukaku is 3 up on Kane so far so what has changed your original decision?

August is over!

COH wrote: »
    August is over!

We need a captain thread

I'm of a mind now to keep kdb this week and sell Gabbi for chicharito instead
    Will cost me another .1 I'd imagine but I also think it will net me more points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

km79 wrote: »
    I'm of a mind now to keep kdb this week and sell Gabbi for chicharito instead
    Will cost me another .1 I'd imagine but I also think it will net me more points

TV doesn't win games points do :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Banking, then getting KDB dafuq outta my team after Liverpool game for Eriksen pending the former is playing deep again.

Eriksen had an unreal international break, 2 goals, 3 assists from 8 Denmark goals.

Anyone like to tempt me to pull the trigger now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Tempted to get rid of KDB too....but might bank to give myself more wiggle room next week maybe.

Really want to get rid of Ake too at this stage....looking at getting a West Brom defender in but not certain who to plump for :confused: Nyom currently topping a very tentative list....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Banking, then getting KDB dafuq outta my team after Liverpool game for Eriksen pending the former is playing deep again.

Eriksen had an unreal international break, 2 goals, 3 assists from 8 Denmark goals.

You can do it Ralphie !!

mBhGycG.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Currently banking. No changes required after the wildcard last week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Winjaldum and Daniels OUT - D.Silva and Mbemba IN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Winjaldum and Daniels OUT - D.Silva and Mbemba IN.

Mbemba is a) injured now and b) won't be starting even when fit.

Just an fyi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/905486686402043904

Mbemba could be out for 3 months. Injury blow for #NUFC: https://t.co/nTpqagCmCq

I just have this funny feeling kdb will score big this weekend
    I mean if he gets any kind of attacking points you can almost certainly add 3 bonus on too
    I'll still be selling him after that though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Did Aguero to Morata before Moratas price rise. Que an Aguero hat trick now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

looking at getting an arsenal defender in, probably Monreal for 5.4m...am i mad?

Advertisement