Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got sent two ATM cards when I opened a new account?

Options
  • 26-08-2017 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,

When I opened a new account last week I got sent two different ATM cards, with two different sort codes, one for the branch I opened the account in and one for a branch just up the road. Will I just destroy the second card? Do I get charged extra fees for having two cards? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

jwof2006 wrote: »
    Hi,

When I opened a new account last week I got sent two different ATM cards, with two different sort codes, one for the branch I opened the account in and one for a branch just up the road. Will I just destroy the second card? Do I get charged extra fees for having two cards? Thanks

Hi jwof2006,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

I can confirm that there should be no charge for the initial cards that you receive on a new account. I would however ask you to either raise this through the "Ask a question" on your 365 online profile if your set up for banking 365. If you're not set up for the 365 online option please call us on 0818 365 365 (or 00353 1 4044000 if you're abroad) and the advisers in either section will be able to check your account to confirm which card is better to destroy and also confirm why you received two cards rather then one.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement