Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tolka Vale apartments Glasnevin

Options
  • 26-08-2017 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, does anyone know what the Tolka Vale apartments are like to live in and how the overall management of the place is like?
    We are interested in buying.
    Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I believe they are nice but I've never been in one.
    They did go through intensive civil and structural engineering works some years ago as they were sinking slightly but it was rectified I have heard.

Facing them is the old Royal Oak pub. An old permission for apartments has expired but the current owner is currently with the Biard trying to overturn a recent refusal by Dublin City Council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They're nice on the inside too, not too small or anything. Wouldn't know about the day to day running of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Image123

Thanks for the info. I have been wondering as at least 6 apartments have been up for sale there recently and I didn't get a straight answer from the estate agent, not that I would be expecting one, lol! May just be because it's the right time to sell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

If you know the address of the apartments you can go to the land registry and see who is selling them. A vulture fund might have brought them and been unloading them gradually to maximise their return

Or it could be a vanilla landlord selling up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

If you are dead set on it, don't get one on the ground floor.
    Edit: I should have been a bit clearer, the ground floor is/was prone to flooding. If memory serves me correctly there have been a few issues with rodents as a result.

• Advertisement
Advertisement