Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rule Changes for 2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

adrian522 wrote: »

This thread is about the main leagues and changes we could make there so the option of a 0.5 Ppr is something I think we should discuss.

I know it is but there is already a ppr league. Why would we change the main leafue from standard to ppr? If people want to play ppr, a ppr league exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Guffy wrote: »
    I know it is but there is already a ppr league. Why would we change the main leafue from standard to ppr? If people want to play ppr, a ppr league exists.

I agree with this and have been saying it for a while. The PPR stands at 1 league right now but nothing stopping up creating more PPR leagues and running parallel to the Standard rule leagues. But it is what it is if we vote on it and people want this main leagues turned into PPR than so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

can we speed up Free Agency and Trades?

Waivers are a day behind all other leagues I've ever been in making it difficult to arrange a trade if you don't get what you need in waivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm totally against a flex position. It's hard enough to get two RB's in a 16 team league, adding a flex means it will be next to impossible to have any depth on the bench at RB.

This league is 16 man and it's supposed to be difficult and it is. You miss your draft you can forget about it, you get a couple of your big names injured and don't have the handcuffs you can forget about it.

It doesn't need changing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm totally against a flex position. It's hard enough to get two RB's in a 16 team league, adding a flex means it will be next to impossible to have any depth on the bench at RB.

This league is 16 man and it's supposed to be difficult and it is. You miss your draft you can forget about it, you get a couple of your big names injured and don't have the handcuffs you can forget about it.

It doesn't need changing imo.

I would say if you miss your draft you should forget about it tbh, not a good reason not to change.

The question is are RB2s more difficult to find than WR3s? If they are then don't have a flex because that will make it worse, if they're not then have the option of both. I would say there are a lot more fantasy relevant fringe running backs than there are fringe WRs?

RB 17-32 scored 51-27points so far; WR 33-48 scored 38-29 points so far...

Also can consider opening to TEs although I can't imagine they're that relevant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,487 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

hots wrote: »
    I would say if you miss your draft you should forget about it tbh, not a good reason not to change.

The question is are RB2s more difficult to find than WR3s? If they are then don't have a flex because that will make it worse, if they're not then have the option of both. I would say there are a lot more fantasy relevant fringe running backs than there are fringe WRs?

Also can consider opening to TEs although I can't imagine they're that relevant?
    The flex position if added is replacing a WR position. It's not going to leave us with only one RB position.
    There are 32 RB starting in each league every week already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

hots wrote: »

Most flex leagues roll with :

QB
    RB
    RB
    WR
    WR
    FLEX
    TE
    K
    DST

The problem with RBs is that the first 32 starting RBs are gone quickly then the 16 or so solid handcuffs are gone just as quick and now you are dependent on the scraps left over. With the 2 RB slots and the Flex there will be no RBs left in a 16 man league

Each team has at least 3 serviceable WR in the NFL that will get you enough points. That is in and around 80-96 WR compared to 48 RBs.

Most people in 16 man leagues have a backup QB and RB and a couple of WR and maybe a TE.

Personally I like having a league with no flex for all of the above and I have played in 16 man flex leagues and they are awful especially when the bench is 6-7 men deep.

I run a 14 man league with flex and a 4 man bench and even then there is no RB left ever.

Advertisement