Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower switch cord

Options
  • 26-08-2017 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just bought a house and I noticed a few days ago that the switch cord of the electric shower isn't there. Or, it's there but it looks like it's cut off where it comes out, so I can't use it.

What am I supposed to do and who to call? Electrician or plumber? Can I somehow fix this on my own?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

LirW wrote: »
    Hi,

I just bought a house and I noticed a few days ago that the switch cord of the electric shower isn't there. Or, it's there but it looks like it's cut off where it comes out, so I can't use it.

What am I supposed to do and who to call? Electrician or plumber? Can I somehow fix this on my own?

To be honest if you have to ask this then you probably should get an electrician to do it. You definitely don't need a plumber. Is it an electric shower or a pump shower? What's the make and model? An electric shower will be trickier as the cable will be bigger and harder to fit off into the pullcord and if done wrong could be a fire hazard. Also what type of breaker is it hooked up to at the fuseboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Get a good electrician. He'll also test the car and fuseboad while he is there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Will do! Thanks a million!

Advertisement