Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lomachenko v Rigondeaux. Dec 9th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

The biggest thing for his future is the quality that's in light-heavy at the moment. Even getting into the top 10 there will be difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

megadodge wrote: »
    The biggest thing for his future is the quality that's in light-heavy at the moment. Even getting into the top 10 there will be difficult.

There's not much change at cruiserweight either.
    I enjoyed that performance, Yarde seemed comfortable enough taking a dig but would he take it from the likes of Kovalev? Not so sure.

I always enjoy watching Lee Selby.

Great movement, excellent punch variety and just a very, very good boxer. I couldn't care less about his punching power. It's not great, therefore he just outboxes people - because he has to! I really don't get the criticism he gets. It's a boxing match. Boxers are going to get hit over 12 rounds, but commentators seem to be surprised when he occasionally gets hit.

If he fights Warrington there could be a serious amount of leather thrown, as both have high workrates and it's unlikely to be won inside the distance.

pac_man wrote: »
    Do you rate that fight? I think Selby is on a different level.

I would definitely fancy Selby.

Warrington has a nice neat style and good fundamentals, but I think he'll struggle with Selby's size and movement. Once Selby keeps it long (which he doesn't always do) it's his to win. In close Warrington would be the cleaner puncher, but assuming Selby doesn't box 'to impress' in a big British fight he should keep it on the outside and win a 116-112 / 117-111 type fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Turner dropped his opponent in the second. Would be a decent scalp if he gets a result here.

That's the guy that Haye beat in his 2nd 'comeback' fight and he was 29-0 at the time, Yet Turner got beat by Kamil Sokolowskilast time out who had a record of 3-12 at the time.
    It just goes to show how a record can be padded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Selby beats Warrington with a bit to spare for me. It's Selby-Frampton that I struggle with.

He boxed decent imo, bit sloppy at times. His balance can be a bit all over the place and think a decent counter puncher with some power (Like Frampton) could take advantage of that.

Then I think if Selby fights tall and uses his range he's an absolute nightmare for Frampton.

Such an intriguing fight which hopefully happens in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Selby butchers Warrington

I’d back Carl to beat Selby. Selby has nothing but height on him..

Morrison J wrote: »
    Selby beats Warrington with a bit to spare for me. It's Selby-Frampton that I struggle with.

He boxed decent imo, bit sloppy at times. His balance can be a bit all over the place and think a decent counter puncher with some power (Like Frampton) could take advantage of that.

Then I think if Selby fights tall and uses his range he's an absolute nightmare for Frampton.

Such an intriguing fight which hopefully happens in the summer.

I actually would favour Selby, but only slightly, against Carl.

The size difference will be huge and from a distance Selby would be hard to cope with. However, the balance issue (from overreaching) is certainly where a sharp counter-puncher with power like Carl could make Selby pay. I think Selby hitting the canvas is a strong possibility, but keeping him there will be hard.

DeGale fighting a nobody here..

DeGale looks poor.

• Advertisement

DeGale looks poor.

Really does. For me he’s been regressing the last couple years...I used to really rate him.

DeGale looks poor.

I was just about to post the same. He looks lethargic.

A nobody landing killers! DeGale a tough man..

Wonder how many miles that Jack fight took out of DeGale. That fight was nothing short of brutal. Proper went life and death with him.

DeGale lacking snap, power and strength...

Jim McDonnell is awful too. Should've been binned years back. Not much he can do here mind. DeGale just looks washed.

Hard to score. DeGale not winning and not losing. Just staying in it..has no real imposition here...

Not scoring it but can't see a way DeGale is winning this. Woodhall is horrendous.

Hope the cards are fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

Truax getting robbed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

walshb wrote: »
    Hard to score. DeGale not winning and not losing. Just staying in it..has no real imposition here...

Degale is losing clear

• Advertisement

Depends what you like.

Overall I think Truax deserved it...

On the front foot most the night and landed better quality throughout.

DeGale must be sick..

Fair decision.

Interesting to see where deGale goes from here. He looks a fighter well past his best.

That Ronald lad must be close to 7 feet tall.

Praying BJS gets KTFO next week...

why?

Because I can’t stand his style and he comes across as a pr1ck...

Do I need any other reasons?

Doesn't punch hard enough for you, is it?

Well, if it makes you happy and stops you asking stupid questions, yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Boooourns

BJS is as bad as it gets for World Champion boxer, he's an absolute p***k and sh!te to watch.

It doesn't make me happy, I was just curious for your dislike towards Saunders, that's all.

Well now you know. Hate his boxing style and he’s a grade A prick...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Boooourns

How is he sh1te to watch?

His fights are awful, the only decent one i've seen him in was against Eubank jr, and he won that because Eubank jr tactics were awful. I like Lemineux as a boxer, he's entertaining , comes to box and has power so i'm rooting for him bigtime.

Advertisement