Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lomachenko v Rigondeaux. Dec 9th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Warren having an awful time as a promoter lol.

Frampton looks past his best as does DeGale. Saunders not week could be KO'd too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

MD1990 wrote: »
    Warren having an awful time as a promoter lol.

Frampton looks past his best as does DeGale. Saunders not week could be KO'd too.

You think? I think its the first time in years you could argue his stable is better than Hearns. Joshua aside who is in a stratosphere of his own, admittedly.

I really think Saunders is going to make straightforward work of Lemieux too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Morrison J wrote: »
    I really think Saunders is going to make straightforward work of Lemieux too.

If he does i'd have a new found respect for him as a boxer, i think he's in for a torrid night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

walshb wrote: »
    pac_man wrote: »
    It doesn't make me happy, I was just curious for your dislike towards Saunders, that's all.

Well now you know. Hate his boxing style and he’s a grade A prick...
    Billy Joe is a curious one. One interview he comes across as arrogant, coarse, and a complete thug... then you see another interview with him and he is very reasoned and fair. He was blessed against Akavov, and Willie Monroe Jnr just didn't want a fight at all. I was just thinking the same as the other post above though. The curse of Fish-eyes could strike on him as well. 
    Sport is cruel though. I heard Degale talking during the week and he was speaking as if the super series was a just like a competition set up to find somebody worthy of fighting him. He was very close to tears in the post fight interview. It's gonna be tough night for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

It would be a tough fight for him, but Truax would possibly be the best chance Andy Lee has of regaining a World title.

With Rocky Fielding's fight with Skoglund off (Skoglund is in a coma, having suffered problems after a sparring session), I'd expect fast car Eddie to look for Truax as a replacement.
    Degale's right hand isn't right at all, and if he can't get that sorted he'd likely lose a rematch. Likely the beginning of the end for him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Morrison J wrote: »
    You think? I think its the first time in years you could argue his stable is better than Hearns. Joshua aside who is in a stratosphere of his own, admittedly.

Depends on how good Dubuois & Yarde become.

Warren would have payed Frampton & DeGale big money but he has got both fighters who are on the slide.

Hearn outside Joshua isn't that good either but he did sign Jacobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Big Ears wrote: »
    It would be a tough fight for him, but Truax would possibly be the best chance Andy Lee has of regaining a World title.

Why don’t you just ring up Matthew Macklin while you’re at it....😜

Andy was offered a fight on the undercard in Montreal next week against Demetrious Andrade apparently but was too short notice to accept.

Not sure the right fight will ever come up for him to fight again tbh. There's no point unless it's a big world title fight and he's well back in the pecking order now.

Why don’t you just ring up Matthew Macklin while you’re at it....😜

Andy's career is pretty much at it's end....but unlike Macklin when he was nearly finished, Lee has the power and means to chin Truax. Truax is more of a Middleweight than a Super-Middleweight, and he's not as good as Matt Korobov or Peter Quillin....so is it that crazy ?

On a different note, it seems Turner got the job done in the last round over in Switzerland !, that's a huge win for him and gets his career back on track after the Sokolowski loss earlier this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Big Ears wrote: »

With Rocky Fielding's fight with Skoglund off (Skoglund is in a coma, having suffered problems after a sparring session), I'd expect fast car Eddie to look for Truax as a replacement.
    Degale's right hand isn't right at all, and if he can't get that sorted he'd likely lose a rematch. Likely the beginning of the end for him...

Is it serious?

Truax is not great. Far from it...Still eats Lee up..

Lee has a KO chance, of course. Otherwise he’d be broken down piece by piece...

megadodge wrote: »
    Is it serious?

Seemingly so, he had a bleed on the brain so they performed surgery and induced him into a coma. The doctors were happy with the surgery but the next 3-4 days are key for him.
    There's obviously more important things at the moment, but it will be the end of his career even in a best case scenario. Fingers crossed for him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

What time is the main fight on?

Aaron McKenna just won his pro debut 4-0 out in Vegas. Decent scrap too. Opponent was no mug.

MC just finishing up...

Nothing to assess...

Wake me up when he fights an actual boxer...

Best I've seen him as a pro so far. Did the rounds very easy, hardly got hit, controlled it from start to finish. Good stuff.

Quite impressed by Conlan there. Good controlled performance, using his skills, instead of the gung-ho 'have to get the KO' he and other big name prospects often do early in their career.

That's the style of boxing that won him titles in the amateurs and will hopefully win more in the pros.

On a sidenote, has everyone forgotten that he also won an Olympic bronze medal in 2012. No commentator EVER mentions it! They mention World, European and of course the Rio controversy, but that excellent medal (considering how young he was) seems to have been written out of his history.

The Smith bros never learned about head movement. Vargas landing at will.

Can’t wait for this.....

Can Rigo pull off the KO?

It’s a decent possibility....

• Advertisement

I'm going Loma UD.

Maybe forces a late stoppage if Rigo opens up more late on. Think Rigo is more likely to remain gun shy and resort to his pot shots. Never really seen him proper hurt though bar a few flash knockdowns so hard to know how he'll react to Loma's power.

I just see Rigo getting outmanned and outgunned by the fresher, bigger fighter. If he's even competitive it's a massive achievement. An all time great win if he does it.

I’m probably hoping too much, pac_man....

My thread prediction stands...

If Rigo can control distance he has a chance.

Clear size difference I see now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Who u give the first to? Rigo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

First round draw ,loma warming up

The first thing I can see is Loma's double/treble jab is causing Rigo problems. It's keeping Rigo back and now in the second he's landing with a number of them.

Rigo looks stiff and tentative and unsure...

Crap fight.

Rigo looks stiff and tentative and unsure...

Crap fight.

It's a guy who should be fighting at 118 fighting a guy who's tight at the weight at 130. Rigo always gonna turn very gun shy very quick tbf.

• Advertisement

Only one man here to win..

Advertisement