Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lomachenko v Rigondeaux. Dec 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭megadodge

I think Rigo is just going to get outworked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Loma taking control

To much holding shyte from Rigo. Ref has to warn him soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

2-1 Loma

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Loma, stfu and let the ref ref!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

40-37 Loma after 4 for me. Gave the first as 10-10.

pac_man wrote: »
    This is kinda sad to watch.

I agree. Rigo just too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Fan of Loma but is it just me or is it like watching two kids fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

F*ckin hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Complete circus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

WHAT!!

One man physically dominating the other.

Loma is frustrating to watch at times. Needs to chill and relax...

All over..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Rigondeaux quits on his stool. Never thought I would say that. Rigo's corner realised he was beaten and pulled him. He is 37 but fairly poor.

Joke

I'm not happy with that ending.

As Barry Jones said, it's an insult to all the honest boxers out there and I agree.

Just because he was well on his way to being beaten, you still man it out.

I don't believe his hand is badly hurt and even if it is, keep going!

Pure quit job. Never landed anything to hurt that hand.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Pure quit job. Never landed anything to hurt that hand.

One shot I saw landed heavy on Loma’s elbow..rd 4 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I was just about to comment that Rigo really isn't enjoying things in there, and that once he's unable to hold up close (for fear of dq) the game would be up.

He wanted a way out, isn't used to things going against him and thought 'nah, I'm not going to put up with this'....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Couldn't hack it that there was someone out there better than him so quit one of the most cowardly acts I've ever seen in a ring

Rigo please shut up, you're fooling no one!

• Advertisement

I never understood the excitement about this fight at all. There are weight classes in boxing for a reason. Give me Rigo v Inoue or Tete and I'll get excited. This was just a pure money making circus from the moment it was announced.

I never understood the excitement about this fight at all. There are weight classes in boxing for a reason. Give me Rigo v Inoue or Tete and I'll get excited. This was just a pure money making circus from the moment it was announced.

But Rigo against those two is a two-weight difference also.

I hope Lomachenko's brilliance doesn't get too overshadowed.

He completely outboxed a master boxer.

The guy is a genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Poor form from Rigo.

4 opponents in a row have now quit on the stool vs Loma, surely a record? Albeit an unusual one

megadodge wrote: »
    But Rigo against those two is a two-weight difference also.

How? Rigo can still make 118. Inoue and Tete now both fight at that weight. Inoue has announced he's moving up.

Rigo really moved up 4 weight divisions from his natural weight tonight and fought a guy tight at 130. That's why it was basically a guaranteed mismatch.

How? Rigo can still make 118. Inoue and Tete now both fight at that weight. Inoue has announced he's moving up.

I'm not saying Rigo definitely can't make bantam, but he's never made the bantam limit as a pro. There must be a reason.

Inoue was a world champ at light-fly, Tete lost his first world title fight at flyweight. Moving up doesn't change the fact that they're smaller men.

Plus Lomachenko would easily make 9stone still. He only moved up to break records.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

What's In Lomachenko gloves? Mixed feelings about the fight, Lomachenko is a sick man and he will struggle to get fights

megadodge wrote: »
    I'm not saying Rigo definitely can't make bantam, but he's never made the bantam limit as a pro. There must be a reason.

Inoue was a world champ at light-fly, Tete lost his first world title fight at flyweight. Moving up doesn't change the fact that they're smaller men.

Plus Lomachenko would easily make 9stone still. He only moved up to break records.

Inoue was world champ at light-fly when he was 21, three years ago. He's filled out since then and can't make that weight anymore. It doesn't make him automatically small at bantam.

You surely can't compare two fighters fighting at their natural weights to that circus tonight. Rigo and Inoue are the same size height wise. Tete has 4 inches on both of them.

Farmer just got robbed blind in Vegas apparently. Only saw the last three rounds myself but he seemed to be coasting. Awful night for boxing all round this.

• Advertisement

The sad thing is they have somehow managed to make Mayweather/McGregor and Haye/Bellew seem more watchable.:eek:

Advertisement