Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather takes a fall for the future of PPV

• 26-08-2017 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

As requested by the boarders on the Mayweather vs McGregor fight I am setting up a thread to suggest that Mayweather will lose while taking home his huge pot of gold. I suggest this pot of gold has been provided by promoters and advertisers for the furtherment of PPV events and more riches to those who supply such events. Discuss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A Mayweather win would mean the end of it, a McGregor win would mean a 2nd and possibly more fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My conspiracy theory around the fight is that there will be no clean and honest winner.

Something controversial is going to happen which will make a 2nd chance to fleece the idiots of money happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

NIMAN wrote: »
    My conspiracy theory around the fight is that there will be no clean and honest winner.

Something controversial is going to happen which will make a 2nd chance to fleece the idiots of money happen.

NIMAN, that is not a dreadfully exciting conspiracy theory. I could suggest ideas, example there will be a ladder in the middle of the boxing ring and they have to climb it to grab the 'SWAG'. So it will be a mix of all sports. And maybe somebody will throw a hurl in to help. Now we are getting to quality PPV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

NIMAN, that is not a dreadfully exciting conspiracy theory. I could suggest ideas, example there will be a ladder in the middle of the boxing ring and they have to climb it to grab the 'SWAG'. So it will be a mix of all sports. And maybe somebody will throw a hurl in to help. Now we are getting to quality PPV?
    It's not terribly exciting, but it's what's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

It's tradition in professional wrestling for the older wresler leaving "to do the job" for the sake of the future attendance. A new star is born as a result of them losing.

I'm not saying this is happening here but if Mayweather wins what use is it to anyone in terms of business? It will take time to build up the next star. Boxing as a sport will suffer.

My intelligence tells me Mayweather will win as this is a legit competitive match. But I'd love to see McGregor knock him out.

The conspiracy for me would be if the referee or judges intentionally screw Mayweather for a McGregor win. Or vice versa as McGregor is MMA coming in on their tuff. That is something to look out for.

• Advertisement

It's tradition in professional wrestling for the older wresler leaving "to do the job" for the sake of the future attendance. A new star is born as a result of them losing.

I'm not saying this is happening here but if Mayweather wins what use is it to anyone in terms of business? It will take time to build up the next star. Boxing as a sport will suffer.

My intelligence tells me Mayweather will win as this is a legit competitive match. But I'd love to see McGregor knock him out.

The conspiracy for me would be if the referee or judges intentionally screw Mayweather for a McGregor win. Or vice versa as McGregor is MMA coming in on their tuff. That is something to look out for.

So you agree there is a potential conspiracy unfolding. I'll settle for that :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They should have Luis Hamilton doing circles of the ring in his Formula 1 Car as they fight .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

You people sure dont know Floyd Mayweather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Or an even better way to ensure there is more money to be made........im predicting a draw......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Wesser wrote: »
    Or an even better way to ensure there is more money to be made........im predicting a draw......

Very highly unlikely... however not to be entirely dismissed @62 (exchanges).

A full 12rounds that ends in a draw would mean an absolute payday for every single bookies, advertisers, ppv distributors and a host of other industries.

Such the magnitude, cannot see it ending before R3, most likely will finish 6-9. Every good story, film and theater production has it's event apex about 75% way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Both fathers of the fighters should fight first as a warm up to the main event.

To be honest my two sisters have being wrecking my head. Should it be plain over purl or purl over plain. They need to get rid of this excess energy in the ring as I see it

so this is it. Conor got a haircut. Has to be a huge advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Why would he? Floyd Mayweather has more money than god. He spends more on underwear every year than an average person's salary.

So I rank this conspiracy theory fail.
    NIMAN wrote: »

So who are you calling "idiots"? All those guys are idiots but not you huh, you're in the know about these things huh?

Maybe them telling you to come here was just a gentle way of telling you to **** off.

showtime. not boxing time. it is showtime. the biggest ever ridiculous anyone has ever seen. Let the circus begin

first round would suggest conspiracy theory still valid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

first round would suggest conspiracy theory still valid

Fight over and none of that happened at all, nothing controversial happened even though with McGregor it was likely it would. So who's the idiot now?

Advertisement