Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

proof of address

• 27-08-2017 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

i'm 17 and want to open a bank account, my parents are away for a while so i can't take one of them to come and state that i do in fact live in the address that i give. i have no bills in my name but i do have letters confirming purchases online with my name and address on it will that be okay? (sounds silly i know but i just saw someone say that online and wanted to see if it was legitimate). tia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,080 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you anything government related sent to you like social welfare or tax related, that would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gerrydadams

Have you anything government related sent to you like social welfare or tax related, that would work.

i dont. i reached out to aib on twitter and they said it has to be in my name, i have letters regarding me but they're addressed to my parents. will have to call in and talk about alternatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Are you still in school?
    If so a letter from them will suffice as proof of address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,015 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Call revenue and ask them to send you a balancing statement.

Advertisement