Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tullamore Half

Options
  • 27-08-2017 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Given the lack of a thread.............

I did PB+25secs so happy days.

110% to Tullamore Harriers, what a facility, 110%

Not hilly like the RnR but hilly up and downy the whole flippin way :D

See ya next year .......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I enjoy that race and a great support on what is a pretty rural course (for a dub :) ) Nowhere near my best time but I ran it with a view to establishing my pace for Dublin marathon.

I think half marathons are becoming my favourite distance

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

I enjoyed the race,

followed pacers as I try to hold back the years.pacers were great ,motivational
    full of encouragement and got me in a time that I'm can bui9ld on for Dublin Mara

up and downy course as suggested.

great organisation pre race and post race in terms of showers, massages etc

just one gripe, chaos getting out of car park after, no one to tell you whether left or right was the best option to reach the motorway,

I took left (which was correct) but had to negotiate double parked abandoned cars and cars coming towards me...,

sort that out and its a perfect race..

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

'up and downy' - the new way to market a race without saying hills :D. I coined that after a lot of beer Saturday night !

Traffic problems weren't a thing when I was leaving I have to say but I did notice that if there was any oncoming cars it wud get messy. But still hats off to Harriers and what an athlete Pauline Curley is .... winning the tullamore half on Saturday and the Longford full marathon on Sunday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Brilliant race as always. My third year doing it.

T-shirt and a fab medal all for €25. Ample parking on site, dressing rooms with showers and a huge spread in the clubhouse after it.

Well done to all involved.

I'll be back again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

Ran this at the weekend. Really well organised event. It's a very good challenging but "fair" course as the club describe it and it's an accurate description.

Very warm conditions and plenty of rolling hills tested the runners.

Would highly recommend it. one of the best run events I have ran in anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

JMSE wrote: »
    Given the lack of a thread.............

I did PB+25secs so happy days.

110% to Tullamore Harriers, what a facility, 110%

Not hilly like the RnR but hilly up and downy the whole flippin way :D

See ya next year .......

Never did the rock and roll so interested to know how both compare difficulty wise? I know both are seen as challenging enough courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

Early bird closes today (€30)
    €35 from tomorrow
    Takes place Aug 25th.
    http://tullamoreharriers.com/event/tullamore-half-marathon/

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Sub430 wrote: »
    Early bird closes today (€30)
    €35 from tomorrow
    Takes place Aug 25th.
    http://tullamoreharriers.com/event/tullamore-half-marathon/

Booked it today and it's still 30euro plus booking fee for anyone else interested :cool:

Advertisement