Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roommate wants me gone; only I on lease.

Options
  • 27-08-2017 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

If I understand this correctly, you’re the only person on the lease he’s subletting from you.

He’s no relationship with the landlord at all and has no ability to ask you to leave.

It would seem that, if you did leave, the lease would terminate anyway and he’d be out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Tell him that you're kicking him out. Your name is on the lease, you pay the landlord. Effectively he is a licensee so had no rights.

It's a strange situation if you're saying that he had been there for years and you only six months but I guess he has nothing to show that he had been on the lease all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If the lease is in your name and the other person pays you rent then they are a licencee and you can kick them out whenever you want, though usually you give a week or month notice depending on the rent period. They can't do anything about removing you from the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

What makes him think that he can remove you OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Im a little confused with the way you worded your post.why are you the lease holder if hes been there for 4 yearsin the same apartment.what happened hes is no longer the main lease holder.does your landlord know hes living there.if your the lease holder how can he tell you to move out.confused by your op maybe im being stupid

• Advertisement
Advertisement