Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning in A&P for trolling

Options
  • 27-08-2017 11:35am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

So a poster said they were an accidental landlord,
    I'm new to this forum I have been an accidental landlord of two properties for approx ten years
    I said;
    There is no such thing as an accidental landlord. You made a choice.

The Conductor messaged me with a warning for trolling.
    Gizmo- it is fully accepted by government and pretty much everyone- that there are tens of thousands of 'accidental landlords'. I can only surmise you are trolling to try and provoke negative reactions from other forum members.

You attacked another poster who claimed to be an accidental landlord.
    This is extreme. I was banned last week and blocked from appealing with the thread deleted. That in no way was an 'attack'. 'Accidental landlord' is a term to remove all responsibility from landlords. Lots of people accept lots of things, Jesus, Fairy Rings, others are allowed to say we don't. Also, an accident that goes on for ten years?

I messaged Conductor but he got more aggressive in his messages.

I'd like the warning lifted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Good morning gizmo,

as you have already been in touch with the local mods and have been unable to resolve the issue, I'll ask a CMod to take a look at this for you. Please be patient as it's the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Thank you Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Good morning, gizmo81.

I will take a look at this.

You might assist me by sending me the PM exchange with the relevant moderator.

Good morning, gizmo81.

I will take a look at this.

You might assist me by sending me the PM exchange with the relevant moderator.

Sorry for the delay Pat here goes.

ONE

You have received a warning
    Dear gizmo81,

You have been warned for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

The_Conductor

Moderator Note

Gizmo- it is fully accepted by government and pretty much everyone- that there are tens of thousands of 'accidental landlords'. I can only surmise you are trolling to try and provoke negative reactions from other forum members.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gizmo81 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mrs Shuttleworth View Post
    That is completely untrue. I'm new to this forum (I post regularly in Gigs and Events) have been an accidental landlord of two properties for approx ten years and have also been a tenant here in Dublin and in a prime London location. I only started posting here because of the situation I suddenly find myself in and it seems I am far from alone.

I love my properties, I keep them in pristine condition. I want to rent them out lawfully to responsible reliable adults with whom I get on well and for the most part (save for the time I used a letting agent) this has happened. I have never jacked up the rent on a sitting tenant.

In one of the properties the tenant is leaving mid September and in an unprecedented move I am not reletting it on this occasion, even though financially I need to and want to and hundreds of persons would want to rent from me. However the risks in light of Govt legislation and judicial determinations simply are not worth it at this time.

I am presently exploring all viable options.
    There is no such thing as an accidental landlord. A choice was made.

I cannot for the life of me fathom what risks you speak of, which have come in with recent legislation.

ONE RESPONSE
    Re: You have received a warning
    No I don't accept that.

Accidental landlord is a falsity and agenda to portray landlords as victims.

I even clarified my point on the thread that a choice was made.

This is what the author of this piece is calling an accidental landlord:

Once you start looking, you find ‘accidental landlords’ everywhere. Some owners want to upsize, others have split from the partner they bought with, others again can’t afford the mortgage and find it makes sound financial sense of move out and rent entirely. Some simply fancy a change of scene. There’s no law, after all, that says that a homeowner is forever bound to their dwelling.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...even-1.2859160

This needs to be challenged, I don't care if XYZ says it's a real thing others are allowed challenge it.
    TWO

Gizmo-

Trolling is not acceptable- full stop.
    I honestly thought you'd have taken cognisance of all the users of the forum- given your recent history posting there. Deliberately trying to rile people does not help your cause.

Challenge your card by all means- you're well aware of how to do so.

Regards,

The_Conductor.

TWO RESPONSE
    So can I get it in black and white from you that posters in A&P are not allowed challenge the term 'accidental landlord'?

THREE

Gizmo-

You attacked another poster who claimed to be an accidental landlord. Had you attacked a different poster- who was asserting they were a vunerable tenant- you would have gotten the exact same card.

The forum is for the enjoyment of all- and deliberately picking on any group of people- is not acceptable behaviour.

If you want to dispute the existance of accidental landlords, vunerable tenants- or any other group- you are welcome to do so- *but not by attacking any other poster*. Its actually not difficult to remain civil towards one another.

I would strongly encourage you to read the charter governing the forum- and follow it. It is not a charter for tenants, landlords or any other group- it is a charter for all interested parties who might like to post in the forum. Trying to close down or tell any group that they are not welcome- is not acceptable behaviour.

If you want to specifically discuss your belief as to whether there is such a thing as an accidental landlord, or a vunerable tenant- start a thread on the topic- but be aware you will have opposing view points- and attacking someone who disagrees with you- will not be tolerated.

The specific term that you seem to have such difficulty with- is in common usage by all segments of the industry- including the Minister, the RTB- and the media. In light of this- trying to close other people down by belittling their status can only be construed by any reasonable person as an attempt at low grade trolling to try and elicit a response.

I believe we have been exceptionally fair and patient with you.

I am not willing to enter into further discussion with you on this- you are well familiar with our dispute resolution processes and procedures, should you wish to invoke them.

Regards,

The_Conductor

Thanks, gizmo81.

I am looking into this now. It may take some time to get a handle on the overall context.

• Advertisement

Hi PAT

Since you're looking at 'context' can you look at an on thread accusation of me allegedly 'modding'.
    nox001 wrote: »
    How do you intend on proving what the previous tenants were paying?

Is extremely unlikely the LL provided any details on the previous rent amount to the RTB. So you will just annoy the hell out of your LL for nothing and most likely end up getting evicted as the LL will suddenly need the place for his own use.

gizmo81 wrote: »
    This scaremongering telling every tenant they will be evicted for questioning a landlord needs to stop.

Not all landlords are corrupt and may need something pointed out to them with the new legislation.

I really don't understand how I am back seat modding here. Are we not allowed to disagree with posters, I was civil?

The other day I reported a post and got a warning for reporting, so I feel I can't win.

Reported post
    Hi,

You reported a post earlier, and for the life of me, I can't understand - why you reported the post, and what you want done?

The post is on topic, discussing the previous post, and is not off topic of the facts.

Please don't report posts, just because you don't like what someone has to say.

Paul

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gizmo81 View Post
    gizmo81 has reported a post.

Reason:
    Forum: Accommodation & Property

Posted by: The_Conductor
    Original Content:

I didn't want to start another post a i'd be in more trouble for that.

gizmo81,

First, because you do not use quotes in the standard sense, it can be difficult to see what text had been posted by you and what text has been posted by others. If you used standard quotes, this would not be an issue. I wonder if you could look at that so that people could understand your posts, clearly.

Secondly, the current dispute in this thread is in relation to a yellow card warning received on the "Media: 3 Tenants awarded compensation after their landlord refuses to engage in HAP" thread. The new issue appears to relate to a different thread and a different moderator and it does not appear to relate to a card or a ban. I am happy to look at it incidentally, as context for the current dispute in relation to the said current yellow card warning, to see if it has any relevance in that regard. However, if you are disputing the new mod warning for backseat modding, then you need to open a new thread in the Helpdesk forum.

Thirdly, I am still looking into the current dispute, so you might bear with me, please.

Hi Pat

Thanks for reply.

I am sorry about the quotes, will look into improving that.

No worries with regard disputes, honesty I just feel like I cannot post on the forum at this stage and most of my posts are just providing links to information on legislation.

I don't want to be here in Dispute Resolution and definitely don't want to open up numerous threads.

Yes i've probably got people's backs up but it's not for fun, I genuinely believe I am trying to do the right thing.

What I'd like is just some understanding of the issues I've raised in regard to A&P.

So I appreciate your time and hope that highlighting some of these things will provide context on the overall situation.

Thanks

I have engaged with the mods of the A&P forum, who have given me significant feedback and links to other material. All of this, together with what you have posted will take a significant period of time to read and consider, properly.

I had intended to put time aside to do all of this last weekend but plans changed and this did not happen, unfortunately.

Please bear with me and I will come back to you, in this regard.

Hi Pat

No worries.

So I take it we've moved past the parameters of this dispute by your comments.

In that case i haven't shared anything but I guess I'm probably not allowed and the thread will be shut down like others if I do?

I'm happy with a ban, it's frustrating to see the pro-landlord stuff and misinformation, I'm glad to see though the tide is turning and others are challenging this narrative and misinformation.

The mods have bullied me, there is no other word for it.

Eg Conductor is allowed claim HAP tenancies have a different set of Minimum Standards and has never been asked to qualify it.

I said a tenant cannot be punished for taking a case to the RTB and Graham swoops in tells the OP not to listen to me as it was unqualified yet it was correct and I was able to share the RTA link. I

I have lots of screenshots of similar if interested.

• Advertisement

So I take it we've moved past the parameters of this dispute by your comments.

No, we have not.

You might leave this with me and I will get back to you.

Ok no worries thank you

gizmo81, the yellow card warning is not going to be upheld, in this particular instance.

However, considering that your account has only been registered for six months, you have already built up a significant record. You have also pestered the moderators of the Accommodation & Property forum with disruptive behaviour in posts and private messages. For instance, I note that you received a yellow card for this reply to an on-thread moderator warning. That sort of behaviour is not allowed on boards.ie. If you do not change your behaviour, it seems likely that your access to the A&P forum will not allowed to continue for very long.

In any event, you have the decision on the current yellow card warning, so you might indicate that this dispute can be noted as resolved.

gizmo81, the yellow card warning is not going to be upheld, in this particular instance.

In any event, you have the decision on the current yellow card warning, so you might indicate that this dispute can be noted as resolved.

Thank you Pat.

I note your comments and stand by my exertion of bullying by the A&P mods.

I am glad now that people can challenge the fallacy of the term 'accidental landlord', it's a start for the A&P Forum.

Also, as you brought it up, can I dispute the link you shared for unacceptable posting

I can provide numerous screenshots of the mods, especially the one mentioned, actually creating a 'them vs us' narrative.

Also, as you brought it up, can I dispute the link you shared for unacceptable posting

I can provide numerous screenshots of the mods, especially the one mentioned, actually creating a 'them vs us' narrative.

You can open a new thread for your new disputes.
    Thank you Pat.

I note your comments and stand by my exertion of bullying by the A&P mods.

I am glad now that people can challenge the fallacy of the term 'accidental landlord', it's a start for the A&P Forum.

You know, when you start trolling your own DRP thread, it just looks bad - for you.

Mods, can we please close this thread and mark as resolved.

Thank you but I'm confused by the trolling comment.

Do people just throw out that word when you dislike what people say?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

gizmo81 - Your yellow card has been overturned, which is a good result for you.

But instead of being gracious in victory, you continue to try to get the boot in. You just don't seem to know when to let things go. This is exactly the kind of behaviour on your part for which Pat Mustard is cautioning you for the future. The DRP forum is for dealing with disputes, not for grandstanding. Please heed Pat's advice in future.

Marking this one as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement