Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Codes

Options
  • 27-08-2017 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there,

I was trying to purchase a few items online and as the payment was processing 'verified by visa' requested a security code - a code that was sent to my registered phone, a phone number that has long since gone. Not ideal. So I went to Banking 365 and went to 'manage accounts' to finally go about amending the registered number; then upon reaching the confirmation page re successfully registering number, I saw that a further security code had been issued - to be sent via post - to the house I've just left. I hurriedly went to amend the postal address, only to find that the security code required to change my address would need to be sent to the active, registered, phone number. Which is obviously in some sort of indefinite limbo now, as I've no access to my old address/any post that finds its way there. Help!

Ciara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Ci87 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was trying to purchase a few items online and as the payment was processing 'verified by visa' requested a security code - a code that was sent to my registered phone, a phone number that has long since gone. Not ideal. So I went to Banking 365 and went to 'manage accounts' to finally go about amending the registered number; then upon reaching the confirmation page re successfully registering number, I saw that a further security code had been issued - to be sent via post - to the house I've just left. I hurriedly went to amend the postal address, only to find that the security code required to change my address would need to be sent to the active, registered, phone number. Which is obviously in some sort of indefinite limbo now, as I've no access to my old address/any post that finds its way there. Help!

Ciara

Hi Ciara,

Thanks for getting on to us here.

I've given a link here to a form that you can use to change your address. Please follow the instructions on the form and post it to the address stated on the bottom of it. Once you have done this your address can be changed and you can receive the code to register your new mobile number.
    Alternatively, if you go in to a branch of Bank of Ireland with some photo ID and you can then update your mobile phone number with out having to receive anything in the post and then change your address through 365 online.

I hope this is some help and thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

Advertisement