Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fry up?

Options
  • 27-08-2017 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Looking to go for a fry up now. What places are good. We have a car so anywhere in the city

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

ard bia

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway Plate
    Riordans

• Registered Users Posts: 18 flyingvisit

kefir32 wrote: »
    ard bia

Where is ard bia?

Google reveals everything
    www.google.ie/search?q=ard+bia

Down by the river.

And agreed, good breakfasts.
    The Museum Kitchen is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 flyingvisit

Thanking both of you. Will go to that part of town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭ratracer

Seven on Bridge Street!

ratracer wrote: »
    Seven on Bridge Street!

Seven (back when it was Kellys) had the best french toast in the city. They now don't serve it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Galway Plate on tuam road is really good feed and a decent fry.

Galway Arms beside Millstreet garda station has a really tasty breakfast and the owner ( I think ) is a very pleasant man that always makes eating there a pleasure. Always seems to be in a good mood.

Corrib tea rooms down beside the court house has probably the tastiest breakfast Ive had in Galway. Its won a few awards over the last 2 years and the black pudding is as wide as the eggs. Very friendly in there too. Full of gardai and judges though so if you are on the run then stick to breakfast rolls.

56 Central nice breakfast, healthier option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Always found The Cellar to be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

-Vega- wrote: »
    Galway Plate on tuam road is really good feed and a decent fry.

Galway Arms beside Millstreet garda station has a really tasty breakfast and the owner ( I think ) is a very pleasant man that always makes eating there a pleasure. Always seems to be in a good mood.

Corrib tea rooms down beside the court house has probably the tastiest breakfast Ive had in Galway. Its won a few awards over the last 2 years and the black pudding is as wide as the eggs. Very friendly in there too. Full of gardai and judges though so if you are on the run then stick to breakfast rolls.

56 Central nice breakfast, healthier option.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Galway Plate on N17. Quick and tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I only ate at the Galway Plate once but I was kinda disappointed with the fry, not bad exactly but entirely bog standard, more of a quantity over quality I thought.

Della do a fine fry though, and Born used to do a great one too but that's gone now so that's entirely useless information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Anywhere in Galway do an eggs benedict? Haven't had one of those in many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Tribeton.

Seven do Eggs Benedict but it's their Chorizo and Red Pepper Hash that I get, yum

http://sevenbridgestreet.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭testtech05

Sitting Duck cafe do a lovely breakfast, also have eggs Benedict on the menu but I haven't tried that.....yet

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

In terms of quality, Dela and Nimmo's (ArdBia?) do a good fry with good produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

The Trappers for the fry up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Esquires

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

I love Eggs Benedict :D Dela or The Sitting Duck best ones I've found. Dela have now reduced the size of their coffee cups though so since coffee is just as important Sitting Duck is the new favourite :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 robsneachta

An Pucan have my vote. Esquires around the corner is a close second.

Corrib Tea Rooms.

Best eggs benedict I've had in Galway. Absolutely f*cking yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭canireally

Tribeton do an eggs Benedict too.. nice, albeit service not always great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

I usually order eggs benedict with sausages on the side.

I like the eggs benedict in Caprice. They changed the bread part a few months back, so that isn't as good as before imo but it's still good.

The eggs benedict in Ard Bia was great but they've started adding some sort of tomato puree stuff which I'm not too far gone on, so I just ask for it without that. Other than that it's really quite nice.

Not a fan of the tribeton eggs benedict tbh - the bacon portion is usually overdone.

56 Central is way overrated, service sometimes not great but the one time I ordered a fry there the damned rashers, while cooked, were cold, which doesn't really speak well of the kitchen staff that they missed something so basic. The only reason I go there at all is because the girlfriend likes it for some reason. But I don't trust them to give me anything more than the basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

Had the fry in O'Reillys Salthill this morning... Lovely and recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

biko wrote: »
    Galway Plate
    Riordans

Both fine for the bog standard greasy spoon type of fry but nothing more.

The Huntsmans Inn and the Museum Kitchen do a good fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

The Huntsmans Inn and the Museum Kitchen do a good fry.

Funnily enough I was disappointed with the breakfast in both these places. I would rate them both highly for everything else. The breakfast I got in the Huntsman was just reheated, microwaved, nothing cooked fresh - not even the eggs. The service was really bad as well. I stopped there another time for breakfast because it was convenient. I wasn't ordering a fry again I just wanted a coffee and something small. It wasn't busy or very early but I ended up walking out. Compared to service and food there at other times, which are normally very good, I get the impression breakfast is a bit of an afterthought.

I wasn't that gone on the fry in the Museum Kitchen. The bacon was really stringy and hard to eat. The plate is lacking a few items. It's the only time I've been disappointed with something I've ordered there. It is one of my favourite places to eat in Galway.

I like the Irish breakfast in Gourmet Tart Salthill. It's Collerans meats, always cooked fresh, eggs cooked to order any way you want, fried potato, good brown bread, tea or coffee, all for €9.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Are any places open from like 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

any votes for the skeff or garveys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

cefh17 wrote: »
    Are any places open from like 6?

Frends on the tuam road.
    6.30/7.00 I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement