Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with ROK Power Washer from Woodies

Options
  • 27-08-2017 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I bought this pressure washer from Woodies:

http://www.woodies.ie/garden-and-outdoor/garden-powertools/pressure-washers/rok-2000w-pressure-washer-1089323

Great for €90.

I can't figure out how to use the detergent feature. It has an inbuilt detergent bottle on top to which I've added detergent. The instruction manual that came with the washer is almost useless - it acknowledges the inbuilt detergent bottle but then proceeds to give instructions that don't seem to apply to this washer. It wants me to pull up the "regulating sleeve" which doesn't seem to move when I try to pull it up or down. Added to that is the fact that the instruction manual is in somewhat broken English and step four is incomplete - they seem to have printed a picture down on top of the text! I've attached a pic of the page from the instructions.

So what am I missing here? Are the instructions rubbish or am I?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lpwhacker

Howya BanjoSpanner.

I know I'm a bit late in replying to your post (11 months late in fact!).

I have the same power washer, I bought it a few years ago and the detergent section of the washer never worked.

I agree that the instructions are really bad, and don't seem to apply to this model, however, the image you supplied of the page from the instructions is exactly the same as the page from my manual, and I had the same thought that the images (14 & 15) seem to be covering some text from point 4.

I DID figure out however, that the 'regulating sleeve' does indeed pull up and down in the direct implied in diagram 15. I only figured this out last week, the hose had gone on me and I thought the whole was banjaxed, so I pushed and pulled a lot harder than I had when I bought it - just to see if it would work as there was no loss if it broke at this stage. It DID work with the extra pressure I put on it, pushed and pull till it moved, and came unstuck.

I got a new hose from Woodies, and while I was there I mentioned all of this to them and asked to see a display model (they're still on sale July 2018). The shop model regulating slieve wouldn't work, even one of the other workers came over and started swinging out of it to give it a try - to no avail. Then they opened another box just to check that, and that one worked first time. (Hit and miss It seems)

It would appear that some are stuck, and some are not.

Here's the killer part though, I put the new hose on, put some detergent in the detergent bottle (Reservoir), pulled back the regulating sleeve and hit the trigger. The water just came out slowly with no soap! None at all in fact! So the mechanism is apparently working, but still no soap!

Otherwise the washer works perfectly well, but it was a nice feature to have, for washing the car or whatever, if it worked!

Did you ever have any luck in getting it working yourself?

Advertisement