Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do I get my wix site ranking high?

• 27-08-2017 1:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Im making a new wix site for a sports massage company im setting up, and im wondering how I go about getting the best results possible. I am using the wix SEO wizzard but I just want to know is there anything else I can be doing?

thanks

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 adamcally

Just giving a friendly opinion that don't go for WIX site. Change your platform to WordPress instead it will give a great pool of opportunities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Digibeo

I agree with @adamcally, WordPress truly is king as far as CMS go. Such a wide range of themes and plugins there really is no reason not to use it.

If you really want to stick with your current site thats fine aswell, SEO will still work. A good start is get on-page and local SEO factors sorted now. Build citations and get some reviews. After that is done could be wise to begin some content marketing/outreach to try and build links and target keywords. If you have the money and the knowledge PBN's could be an option but do your research beforehand, you've been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SurveyUCD

I agree as well. Although Wix is easy, I would advise you to become familiar with WordPress. They have a lot of plugins to help you rank well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hi guys,

I'm dragging up this thread as I don't see the need to start a new one - but looking for your suggestions on this.

I run an Etsy site, but i also have a domain where I have a shopify site. Its not my full time gig and my spare time is limited so I would like to condense things back a bit and concentrate on Etsy. I'm going to get rid of the shopify site as its not performing as well as Etsy and I'm not even covering my flat fee of €29 per month.

I would however like to have some kind of presence on my domain name, so the likes of a landing page or one page site that will just link to my menu on my Etsy page (it doesn't need to be ecommerce). From an SEO point of view (to possibly bring in more traffic), I wouldn't mind having an area with a blog section for guest bloggers, news section that I can post up links, and maybe an area I can upload some youtube vids. (this is all coming from someone who knows little about web design).

So, how should I go about this? I had been looking at a Wix site but I'm not really sure I need that or if its suitable. Should I be looking at a Wordpress site? This is literally a one page site I need, and the main intention is providing a link to my Etsy shop.

Hope I'm making sense and you can guys could suggest some options

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement