Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir sports HD or not HD

Options
  • 27-08-2017 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have eir TV with free eir sports standard definition. I also have eir wifi. Using a the eir sports app on Android I cast to my tv (chromecast) I receive eir sports in high definition. I can't understand why the TV service does not include eir sports & BT sports in HD??? In other words if I'm watching eir sports at home i receive a better service casting from my Android device then from my eir TV service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

monkeycork wrote: »
    I have eir TV with free eir sports standard definition. I also have eir wifi. Using a the eir sports app on Android I cast to my tv (chromecast) I receive eir sports in high definition. I can't understand why the TV service does not include eir sports & BT sports in HD???    In other words if I'm watching eir sports at home i receive a better service casting from my Android device then from my eir TV service.
    Hi monkeycork,

Thanks for getting in touch. When you cast this service to your TV it would be cast in standard definition too as these channels are not available either through the app or on an eir TV box. I'm afraid we don't currently have any information on whether these channels will become available in HD or not, however, if they do, you will be notified.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭monkeycork

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi monkeycork,

Thanks for getting in touch. When you cast this service to your TV it would be cast in standard definition too as these channels are not available either through the app or on an eir TV box. I'm afraid we don't currently have any information on whether these channels will become available in HD or not, however, if they do, you will be notified.

- Adam

I can take some pictures of the quality comparison between the cast (eir sport app) HD picture and the picture received from my eir vision tv box. It casts in HD. My tv service is standard definition.

This is why I can't understand why the TV service is SD and the eir sport app is HD.

Just to clarify they are both on the same tv set with HDMI connections.

Hi monkeycork,

- Adam

I can take some pictures of the quality comparison between the cast (eir sport app) HD picture and the picture received from my eir vision tv box.  It casts in HD. My tv service is standard definition.

This is why I can't understand why the TV service is SD and the eir sport app is HD.

Just to clarify they are both on the same tv set with HDMI connections.
    Are you availing of our HD channel pack?

If you sign up to our HD channel pack you can view these channels in HD on your eir TV box. This is the only way you'd be able to view these channels in HD. You can view more on this here: https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels/

- Adam

If you sign up to our HD channel pack you can view these channels in HD on your eir TV box. This is the only way you'd be able to view these channels in HD. You can view more on this here: https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels/

- Adam

I don't think you understand. I currently watch them in HD. I can watch the sports channels (eir, BT sports) in HD when I cast from my Android phone to a chromecast via the eir sports app.

As with all eir tv customers I receive these sports channels on my eir TV box. This is where my issue is. I receive a better picture when casting the channels via my phone in HD, then when I watch them from the eir TV box in SD

- Adam

I don't think you understand. I currently watch them in HD.  I can watch the sports channels (eir,  BT sports) in HD when I cast from my Android phone to a chromecast via the eir sports app.

As with all eir tv customers I receive these sports channels on my eir TV box. This is where my issue is. I receive a better picture when casting the channels via my phone in HD, then when I  watch them from the eir TV box in SD
    I completely understand that. However, to receive these channels in HD on your eir Vision box, you would need to sign up to our HD channel add-on which is €5 per month.

- Adam

• Advertisement

- Adam

I don't think you understand. I currently watch them in HD.  I can watch the sports channels (eir,  BT sports) in HD when I cast from my Android phone to a chromecast via the eir sports app.

As with all eir tv customers I receive these sports channels on my eir TV box. This is where my issue is. I receive a better picture when casting the channels via my phone in HD, then when I  watch them from the eir TV box in SD
    I completely understand that. However, to receive these channels in HD on your eir Vision box, you would need to sign up to our HD channel add-on which is €5 per month.

- Adam

- Adam

Crazy to think that a customer who gets eir sports free with broadband or a mobile phone plan receives a better quality HD service then a eir TV customer.

- Adam

Crazy to think that a customer who gets eir sports free with broadband or a mobile phone plan receives a better quality HD service then a eir TV customer.
    I am sorry I can not offer better news.

Unfortunalty in order to receive HD on your eir Vision box. It would be a €5 add on.

-Adam

I am sorry I can not offer better news.

Unfortunalty in order to receive HD on your eir Vision box. It would be a €5 add on.

-Adam

Thanks for clarification. I suppose I will continue to chromecast eir sports from my phone for HD picture. while the Eir Vision box sits there redundant connected to the same tv. I couldn't justify paying €5 extra. I'll just have to live with the inconvenience.

If I had a Sky HD tv box and Eir Broadband would I receive eir sports in SD or HD on the sky box?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

on satellite eir sport 1 is in SD only
    eir sport 2 is in HD

no premium hd sub required.

plus you all the BTs in HD

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    on satellite eir sport 1 is in SD only
    eir sport 2 is in HD

no premium hd sub required.

plus you all the BTs in HD

Thanks for that. I can't understand why (I'm repeating myself) I don't get them in HD as an Eir TV customer on the Eir visions tv box without having to pay extra. I already pay for the tv service as part of my bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

I availed yesterday of the offer of three months free hd - which will give you the eir sport and bt sport in HD on the e vision box.

Advertisement