Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you split into Higher/Ordinary in TY?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

It depends on the school. We had mixed ability classes for all of TY because you're not supposed to do Leaving Cert curriculum during TY.

We did more generic things like reading a book for English, watching TG4 for Irish and doing binary in Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

In my school, we didn't. For the subjects that were split into HL/OL for Junior Cert we kinda just did things that are featured on both courses, without doing the actual courses i.e. trapezoidal rule for Maths (on both courses for LC), essay writing in English and oral work for Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DogBun

Depends on the school but in my case, we were for some subjects, not for others.

You're not supposed to do the LC course in TY but we did for Maths, English, Irish and French.

We had other students join us in Maths and French so we went back to the start.

Your best bet is to ask the people in the year ahead.

Advertisement