Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property in greystones

Options
  • 27-08-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, looking for a bit of info on what I can expect from the greystones property market.

I'm looking to make the move to greystones from dublin next year, will be looking for a 4 bed house with a decent garden for in the region of 560k. Somewhere like applewood heights would be ideal!

The market in dublin has gone insane and although that's great news for selling buying here would be a nightmare. Though maybe the market is especially insane for first time buyers?!

Anyway just wondering if anyone can give me insight on wether or not we can expect to to experience the bidding wars etc that are going on in dublin?!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

manuals wrote: »
    Hi, looking for a bit of info on what I can expect from the greystones property market.

I'm looking to make the move to greystones from dublin next year, will be looking for a 4 bed house with a decent garden for in the region of 560k. Somewhere like applewood heights would be ideal!

The market in dublin has gone insane and although that's great news for selling buying here would be a nightmare. Though maybe the market is especially insane for first time buyers?!

Anyway just wondering if anyone can give me insight on wether or not we can expect to to experience the bidding wars etc that are going on in dublin?!

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Greystones is just as manic as Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Definitely just as manic. Recent queues overnight for new build properties buying off the plans. Lots of bidding wars on houses at that price range. But saying that no one can predict what's to come and hopefully you couldfind something to suit within that budget.
    Just be sure it's somewhere you see yourself living. Commuting times if going north on the n11/m11 seem to be getting longer at certain times.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Agree ^^^

The boom is back and prices exponentially increase until the next "soft landing"....:(

The interest rate rises next year will see the market drop again. Bide your time if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

The interest rate rises next year will see the market drop again. Bide your time if you can.

you know something we don't? Rates are probably more likely to go down regardless of what the ECB does (and nobody really knows what they will do).

As for house prices, who knows, the current rises seem crazy but it's still not the same as 2006 when there were huge numbers being built every year and people were buying houses in Portlaoise on 100% mortgages.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The interest rate rises next year will see the market drop again.

Because demand outstrips supply by such a large margin and this is unlikely to be resolved next year I think that a significant price drop highly unlikely. Having said that I would like to be proved wrong.

Love the optimism.... See you next year

People are buying house right now that they cannot afford at 3-4%. You will not see house prices crash but you will a steady increase in defaults as rates go up.

The economy is booming with that comes inflation which drives interest rates.

But look we are all keyboard economists and things will play out as they must.

The OP should come to Greystones, its lovely.

Love the optimism.... See you next year

You are predicting a property price drop and you think I'm optimistic??? :confused::confused:
    Hopefully you are correct.

We are both guessing, time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭bilbot79

The EU is setting our rates and our economy has little impact overall. I would say if rates rise prices would rise slowly or flatten.

That said if Pyongyang we're to nuke Guam.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement