Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 26: Alvarez vs Gaethje *Spoilers Within*

Options
  • 27-08-2017 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭

Starting Wednesday, really looking forward to this. Women's Flyweight should be stacked when it's up and running with the best of bantamweight and strawweight.

Alvarez vs Gaethje should be a cracker at the end as well.

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/901912217381216256

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Hopefully this season is decent, it's been stale for a while now.

I think Justin will murder Eddie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Hopefully this season is decent, it's been stale for a while now.

I think Justin will murder Eddie though.

The season and fights from the last few seasons haven't been that bad, Its just the whole format that is stale. That being said I'll probably watch to see the new division.

If Gaethje wins in impressive fashion he'll be in the top 5 in the division already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The Flyweight season was VERY good. Great fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Would have preferred Kevin Lee to Eddie, I think he'd have made for far better TV. None the less it should be a good season fight wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The Flyweight season was VERY good. Great fights!

Agreed, but the series was ruined due to a spoiler of the winner that was hard to avoid knocking about online ahead of the second week. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

When does this show here? I searched the sky planner last night and couldn't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

DrPhilG wrote: »
    When does this show here? I searched the sky planner last night and couldn't see it.

BT Sport 2 at 3am

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone else having trouble finding this online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble finding this online?

Yes. Started to second guess myself as to whether it had actually aired

Can anyone PM a link if they have one please? Really struggling to find one.

• Advertisement

Still no sign of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

When will it show up on fightpass?

Episode is finally starting to show up in the usual places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Episode is finally starting to show up in the usual places.

It is also repeated tonight at 9:30 on BT Sport 1. Forgot to record it on Wednesday night cause there is so little buzz about it...

Watched it on BT Sport just there. Good episode.

No surprise to see Roxanne do a job on the 16th seed. I see Barb Honchak has come back from the dead too, where has she been for the last three or four years? You'd have to expect Roxanne, Barb and Lauren Murphy to be at the business end of the tournament so no surprise to see them as the top 3 seeds.

I loved Eddie basically refusing to do any training on the ground and saying it was a waste of time as if it goes to the ground agaisnt Roxanne his fighter is goosed. :pac:

Some serious eye candy too :eek:

The last all-female season of TUF was the worst I've seen in terms of bullying and general bitchiness (Herrig and Mangana the chief suspects) so I'll give it 3 or 4 weeks before it all starts with this season.

Good first ep, beaming for Roxie. Yeah that was ****ing gas 'she's a jiu jitsu expert, no point even going over ground stuff' and then trying to tell her how to escape during the fight. Poor Eddie has taken 1 too many shots to the head.

No chemistry between Eddie & Justin, yet anyway. I wonder how soon filming was after Justin's fight with Johnson?

Good first ep, beaming for Roxie. Yeah that was ****ing gas 'she's a jiu jitsu expert, no point even going over ground stuff' and then trying to tell her how to escape during the fight. Poor Eddie has taken 1 too many shots to the head.

No chemistry between Eddie & Justin, yet anyway. I wonder how soon filming was after Justin's fight with Johnson?

Literally the week after I believe.

Fight was July 7th, MMA Junkie had a piece about the upcoming (at the time) TUF 26 on July 18th and within that said filming had already began.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Last night's episode wasn't shown. There was a repeat of Episode 1 instead with a message saying the 2nd episode is on tonight at 11 on BT3.

That's so weird, new ep was definitely on in America last night cuz I nearly got spoiled on twitter this morning.

Forgot about ep2 and watched 2 & 3 last night, both shyte. The fights are awful, yes there are finishes but it's because of lack of skill. The striking and grappling defense is awful. Joanna wouldn't even have to put on weight to 125 and she'd still bate all these girls. Hopefully, someone stands out in the next few episodes, very amateurish in 2 & 3.

I was fully sure that girl had a cracked rib the way she was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

I was fully sure that girl had a cracked rib the way she was going on.

In fairness, tearing an intercoastal muscle is probably as painful

cletus wrote: »
    In fairness, tearing an intercoastal muscle is probably as painful

Gway, only a bruise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I was delighted Nicco won. She seems pretty cool and I didn't like the way Lauren Murphy was thinking about who she would fight later in the competition. She came across as a bit of a dick.

Good read from Lauren here:

http://laurenmurphymma.com/1689-2/

Montano was impressive there, great mix of striking, clinch and takedown defense, made it look easy.

Joe Daddy's wife fighting next week, let's go Joe Daddy's wife!!

Lauren Murphy is such a pain in the arse. What a whinge bag :pac:

Justin - you cannot win with just jiu-jitsu

giphy.gif

Is there no episode this week? :confused:

Doesn't look like it. Kinda disappointed Eddie won't be fighting Justin at the TUF finale. I know that's a big fight for the UFC but would have been nice to see it the same night as the TUF fight night.

• Advertisement

Doesn't look like it. Kinda disappointed Eddie won't be fighting Justin at the TUF finale. I know that's a big fight for the UFC but would have been nice to see it the same night as the TUF fight night.

I wonder if it's anything to do with the baseball playoffs?

Advertisement