Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 26: Alvarez vs Gaethje *Spoilers Within*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Paully D wrote: »
    I wonder if it's anything to do with the baseball playoffs?

I know nothing about baseball but is it scheduled to be on the same night as TUF finale so they know they won't be getting viewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I know nothing about baseball but is it scheduled to be on the same night as TUF finale so they know they won't be getting viewers?

Oh sorry mate, I just meant for this week's episode being cancelled! :pac:

Oh sorry mate, I just meant for this week's episode being cancelled! :pac:

HA yeah that makes way more sense :D

It literally wouldn't be possible for Lauren Murphy to come across any worse during this. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

wooooooooweeeeee......Sijara vs Roxanne ought to be a good one.

Incredible to see how far Rox has come from hr first stint on the show. I love a good comeback story, and is why I think I love MMA so much, it's got a fair share of these :)

• Advertisement

Just caught up on the last 2 episodes yesterday. Wow Lauren... Just wow...

Sijara is a beast, I don't think she will let Rox just sit in mount throwing elbows. Some good fighters in the finals. Eddie laughing at Lauren had me in stitches.

It literally wouldn't be possible for Lauren Murphy to come across any worse during this. :pac:

Aaaaannnddd she somehow managed to out-do herself this week! :pac:

:cool: All I can say is Nico is a vicious BEAST. Can't wait for next week!

1st fight was bollox, Rachael had the first round, should have gone to a 3rd. Barbs takedowns in the 1st that lead to nothing shouldn't have outscored Rachael's significant strikes.

2nd fight, Montana is a beast the way she held on, she was obviously goosed but kept fighting till the end, hope she gets another shot.

Bonus - no Lauren footage this week.

Next week, Roxy Vs Sejana should be a cracking fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That Sarje KO was sick, Deanna was my dark horse for it tbh shocked when ya get caught ya get caught but like that...holy f.ck

Not too shabby last few eps no overly played up sh1te between the contestants or forced animosity between coaches helps.

Barb looked terrible in that first round the way she tried the same punch over and over, she couldn't keep Rachel down in it and Rachel landed the bigger shots close but Barb should have been down that round granted she dominated the second and if went to a third would have likely won but Rachel well within her thoughts to feel hard done by there.

Semis are interesting Nico been impressed with wonder can she spring another upset those elbows whew vicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

I thought the same about Rachel, really thought she deserved a third round.

At the same time she was very tired and I reckon the third would be much like the second. She just seems to have a more explosive build.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

This has been a surprisingly good season.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Was just watching the post fight presser from the weekend. It was mentioned that Roxanne was on this season. Would like to see that dork do well.
    I had given the show and this thread the swerve but might catch up.

I am counting the days til the next ep: well worth catching up before Rox's next fight ;)

Lauren has definitely been given a fight on the Finale. FFS, I was hoping that would be the last we'd have to see of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Lauren has definitely been given a fight on the Finale. FFS, I was hoping that would be the last we'd have to see of her.

Her opponent "Pedrita" is also coming down from BW and looks very dangerous (8-0). Just TkO'ed Rosy Duarte.

Lauren might end up complaining yet again.

Called it, UFC looooove the drama. Hope she gets wrecked.

The BEAST continues her journey, gutted there was only one fight tho, can't WAIT for next week's ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

Felt bad for Barb, she's been around so long, and at her age this might have been get best shot at holding the 125 belt in the UFC

Another really good episode.

I have to say I didn't see that outcome happening but I'm delighted for Nicco. Roxy should have too much for Sarj but then again I'd have said the same about Barb tonight, and Sarj's striking is very dangerous.

• Advertisement

Just caught up with the whole season in two days. Its a good season, I hope Sarj can win the whole thing.

Nicco was so impressive, that was a good scrap. I know Barb is pushing on in years but would still like to see her have a few fights in the UFC.

I like Roxy but I think Sarj is gonna be too strong and aggressive, handy win for her.... If she can make weight. Saying that, Roxy could easily pull off a sneaky sub. Her week GNP isn't gonna work on Sarj.

It's nice watching Eddie and Justin having a laugh. Far cry from meathead Cody starting in TJ in every scene.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nicco was so impressive, that was a good scrap. I know Barb is pushing on in years but would still like to see her have a few fights in the UFC.

I like Roxy but I think Sarj is gonna be too strong and aggressive, handy win for her.... If she can make weight. Saying that, Roxy could easily pull off a sneaky sub. Her week GNP isn't gonna work on Sarj.

It's nice watching Eddie and Justin having a laugh. Far cry from meathead Cody starting in TJ in every scene.

Yeah I hate when the coaches on TUF are constantly beefing, its tiring. Joanna/Claudia, TJ/Cody were just irritating.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand we have some fight booked for the final----can't WAIT!

Surprised @ Roxanne tbh, I thought she had a lot more tricks in her arsenal, specially off the ground, seemed like she just had no answer for Sarg. Bring it ON!!!!!

Sarj is out :eek:

Roxy now faces Nicco tomorrow night.

Amazingfun wrote: »

I thought throughout TUF she was winning some fights because she was just bigger than the other girls due to cutting weight.

Just caught the last episode last night, Sarj is just a different kind of beast to the the rest but it comes with a hefty price. She should have gone back to the UFC pi with your man to cut weight again. I'd like to see her at 135 but don't think she'd be able to buy them as much.

Advertisement