Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security Recommendations

Options
  • 28-08-2017 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for some recommendations for an alarm system for a 3 bed mid terraced home. Have been renovating for the last year or 2, but its no probably in a state that its time for an alarm. Windows and doors have been upgraded, with a storm porch door and composite door to the front, and glass door to the rear. Flat roof with velux windows to the rear. The rear of the property is surrounded by high hedges, so difficult to reach (but not impossible).

The OH likes the idea of a monitored alarm, but having scanned some threads on here they aren't necessarily the best. The house is NOT wired for an alarm, so I would probably lean towards wireless (having the house rewired already last year I think id rather an easy life).

So what should I look out for? What systems are good? Can anyone PM me recommended installers / service providers for north Dublin? We have a small dog.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement