Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Non book readers" Season 8 - Speculation Thread - Spoilers on thread from 15th Apr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

What we don't know is if he can only resurrect bodies that have been killed by wights / white walkers - dunno can he just stroll past a graveyard and have a whole 'thriller' army appear?

Id say he definitely can, and hopefully theyd be good dancers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The NK could turn up at Kings Landing. It would virtually be defenseless against a dragon attack, though to what end he would simply attack it for the sake of attacking I cannot see, when Lannister/GC forces are a potential ongoing distraction for forces in the north. It would be absurd if an army did arrive at Kings Landing though, it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, the quality of writing took a serious dip in S7 but I don't think they'd sink that low.

Equally, if the NK is not at Winterfell, nor is the dragon with him, the two other dragons would surely be more than capable of obliterating half the undead army?

It would seem there's a clear reason he wasn't shown at the end of Ep2...but not really sure what else he could be up to.

Also wondering will other areas come into play. Dorne for example. What's happening there in paralell with S8 or will it just simply not be mentioned again? We already know that Cersei has a grasp on just two or three kingdoms at this point in time, when there are 7 in play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The NK could turn up at Kings Landing. It would virtually be defenseless against a dragon attack, though to what end he would simply attack it for the sake of attacking I cannot see, when Lannister/GC forces are a potential ongoing distraction for forces in the north. It would be absurd if an army did arrive at Kings Landing though, it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever, the quality of writing took a serious dip in S7 but I don't think they'd sink that low.

Equally, if the NK is not at Winterfell, nor is the dragon with him, the two other dragons would surely be more than capable of obliterating half the undead army?

It would seem there's a clear reason he wasn't shown at the end of Ep2...but not really sure what else he could be up to.

Also wondering will other areas come into play. Dorne for example. What's happening there in paralell with S8 or will it just simply not be mentioned again? We already know that Cersei has a grasp on just two or three kingdoms at this point in time, when there are 7 in play.
    I was only thinking about this earlier (slow day in work)
    I wonder if Qyburn could be the secret weapon against the dead, if they were to attack KL.
    He's already been shown to be proficient enough in Necromancy (The Mountain) and another character that I won't mention as I can't remember if it was only in the books or the TV show as well.

I think he might have a few tricks up his sleeve if the NK does attack KL, we all seen how interested he was in the Wight when they all met up together last season.

Plus, Wildfire as well I suppose

I agree NK could turn up in Kings Landing, but I am kinda failing to see why he would - at this point.

Although again, we just dont know what he really wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

....... wrote: »
    I agree NK could turn up in Kings Landing, but I am kinda failing to see why he would - at this point.

Although again, we just dont know what he really wants.

I intend to go with Bran's prediction that the NK wants him as a priority. There is nothing in KL that should interest the NK, his immediate concern is Bran and the armies of the north.

Have a feeling Tyrion and Bran have a devious plan ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

What we don't know is if he can only resurrect bodies that have been killed by wights / white walkers - dunno can he just stroll past a graveyard and have a whole 'thriller' army appear?

I guess we also don't know for sure if he can resurrect the dead South of the wall? I presume he can now the wall and it's magic has been breached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I guess we also don't know for sure if he can resurrect the dead South of the wall? I presume he can now the wall and it's magic has been breached.

He can sure didn't they do the business at Last Hearth

He can sure didn't they do the business at Last Hearth

Brain fart, of course.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The NK might have business on the Isle of Faces in the God's Eye lake. This is just south of Harrenhall and north of KL. There is detail in the opening credits when zooming into KL the lake is shown but the isle is now connected (ep 2 where Chris Newman credit fades in).

A thing about Sansa is that she is the one who looks like the one who is now the best player of The Game of Thrones. Though deserving to to win is the type of stuff GRR likes to stomp on.

There are hints to Bran's plan failing echoing Tyrion's comments about clever people underestimating opponents.

Wonder how the Iron Islands will come into play, if they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I was only thinking about this earlier (slow day in work)
    I wonder if Qyburn could be the secret weapon against the dead, if they were to attack KL.
    He's already been shown to be proficient enough in Necromancy (The Mountain) and another character that I won't mention as I can't remember if it was only in the books or the TV show as well.

I think he might have a few tricks up his sleeve if the NK does attack KL, we all seen how interested he was in the Wight when they all met up together last season.

Plus, Wildfire as well I suppose

Wasn't all the wildfire ignited when Cersei sent the Sept balour and all inside it to kingom come.
    Would be a great weapon though

• Advertisement

[/B]
    Wasn't all the wildfire ignited when Cersei sent the Sept balour and all inside it to kingom come.

She was having people make it for her the whole time, back at the battle of blackwater , Tyrion intercepted one of the pyromancers(??) and made some deal like every drum you make for her make 2 for me or something so he could use it to set the bay alight with Stannis's fleet in it.
    Point is it's man made so it's feasible that she has little minions working away making more for the people who cross her later

[/B]

The new opening sequence for Kings landing has Qyburn’s Ballista and a dragon head. Surely that weapon is gonna come into play again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The new opening sequence for Kings landing has Qyburn’s Ballista and a dragon head. Surely that weapon is gonna come into play again?

One of my favourite characters in the entire show. He would sell his soul to the Night King to work out how to restore life etc. He has to have some sort of interaction with him. I remember when they met for the summit and he picked up the arm of the undead zombie. He was enthralled, that needs to play out somehow.

Given there will be only 3 shows left after the battle of Winterfell and given that the last episode will be ending the series, there looks to be an awful lot to happen in the other 2 episodes. There is also going to have to be some sort of battle at Kings Landing, especially given Danny Heiress 's vision of the iron Throne in the house of the undying. What about the Eyrie? Is that not supposed to be the safest Castle in the whole of Westeros?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Eyrie is safe from everything that cant fly.

If Jon and Dany or the NK rock up to Eyrie, theyed destroy the place.

As a last refuge it would make for a great defensive castle, other than against Dragons. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

I have a feeling that Dany and Jon are going to get in a tight spot with the ghoul army and Dany will have a decision to make whether to leave/ditch him to protect her claim to the throne or save him. It'd be a cruel end for Jon but GRR loves that kind of stuff. dramatic zoom out on his shocked face as the ghouls close in and Dany flies off.

It'd be great to see her come back alone and try convince everyone she did her best to save him with Sansa and the Norths overt mistrust of her already. Trying to keep the North onside as she slides more towards acting like the power tyrant.

But she’d have to kill tattle tale Bran first :D

There is also the matter of the Golden Company. One possibility I see is the Battle at Winterfell produces no clear winner or loser and the conflict heads south and the GC get the message that if they don't fight with the Good Guys, they'll be fighting them later as the dead - betray or die isn't a hard choice.

The problem with fleeing is the dead dont need to rest and can move along at a fair whack when needed.

Theres no way the living would be able to sustain a retreat south towards KL or any major castle that they could make another stand without the dead swarming them.

It'll be interesting to see how the battle plays out because I cant see the living winning it at all.

They should have an advantage with 2 dragons but the NK having an arm that can take down a dragon from nowhere is a great equaliser.

it's also possible that the golden company are already on their way north with Cersei trying to pincer the northern army between the army of the dead and her army, there could be a retreat from Winterfell next ep only for them to run into the GC in the Riverlands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Since its been touted as an epic battle the likes of never before seen on the silver screen probably quite simply a 3 way battle of the bastards royal the north fighting the dead and the GC. The dead fighting the North and GC and so on you get the jist of it. Possibly where we see the Hound and the Mountain trying to get the better of one another. With a white walker in the middle to make things interesting..... with Steelers Wheel playing in the background " clowns to the left of me jokers to the right here i am stuck in the middle with you "🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

If the NK is killed, do all the white walkers die immediately or do they keep going?

If they keep going, I just cannot see how you can beat them. 100k+ and growing No amount of dragons can stop that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The problem with fleeing is the dead dont need to rest and can move along at a fair whack when needed.

Theres no way the living would be able to sustain a retreat south towards KL or any major castle that they could make another stand without the dead swarming them.

Maybe they'll come up with some mcguffin to facilitate such a retreat: the dead can only move by night once they come a certain distance south or somesuch. That's the great thing about fantasy writing: you can make up the laws of your world to facilitate your storytelling:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I still think Jon is eventually going to kick the bucket: heroic sacrifice somewhere down the line.

If the NK is killed, do all the white walkers die immediately or do they keep going?

If they keep going, I just cannot see how you can beat them. 100k+ and growing No amount of dragons can stop that.

They seem to be pinning their hopes that if they kill him, all under his control will die.

It would be a kick in the balls if they take out the NK and the army keeps coming, it would make for a better story too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭storker

To music...with formation dancing.

storker wrote: »
    To music...with formation dancing.

Led by Lord Karstark - wasnt it him that Umber insinuated had an interest in young boys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

....... wrote: »
    Led by Lord Karstark - wasnt it him that Umber insinuated had an interest in young boys?

I don’t think there is a Lord Karstark. The original one was beheaded by Robb Stark and I think his heir was killed at The Battle of the Bastards. His heir was a young girl who Jon allowed to keep her title and castle but I don’t think she’s featured since.

Collie D wrote: »
    I don’t think there is a Lord Karstark. The original one was beheaded by Robb Stark and I think his heir was killed at The Battle of the Bastards.

Presumably he would actually need to be dead for the gag to work...

Collie D wrote: »
    I think his heir was killed at The Battle of the Bastards. His heir was a young girl who Jon allowed to keep her title and castle but I don’t think she’s featured since.
    She's been in the background at Winterfell a few times this season. Iirc in the hall meetings/trial, battle planning and courtyard greeting scenes - no dialogue.

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote:
    She's been in the background at Winterfell a few times this season. Iirc in the hall meetings/trial, battle planning and courtyard greeting scenes - no dialogue.

Alys Karstark she was next to Theon at the war room thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Presumably he would actually need to be dead for the gag to work...

Oops. That went completely over my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Wishing the weekend away waiting for Monday morning.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

GavRedKing wrote: »
    They seem to be pinning their hopes that if they kill him, all under his control will die.

It would be a kick in the balls if they take out the NK and the army keeps coming, it would make for a better story too.

Perhaps they live when he dies but no more can be made so you have a discernable number of enemy to defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

dsmythy wrote: »
    Perhaps they live when he dies but no more can be made so you have a discernable number of enemy to defeat.

The other walkers can make them too

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jay1988

Benjen Stark to return? Dead or still half alive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

jay1988 wrote: »

Possible, but I'd say he was killed saving Jon last time, would have tried to give him as much escape time as possible and was overwhelmed by sheer numbers of wights

jay1988 wrote: »

Zombie Benjen, swinging a blue flame thurible!:P

Tormund to kill every single white walker, wight, golden company member, Cersei and Euron. Back up to Winter Fell to give the big lady a lash and cue ending titles with “Giant” by Calvin Harris and Rag N’ Bone playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The other walkers can make them too

But perhaps their power comes from him through them leaving them unable.

I heard a fan theory a few months ago that Gendry could actually be one of Cersei’s children with Robert.

Therefore if Arya gets to kill Cersei she could end up killing her own mother in law, which is my dream true.

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    I heard a fan theory a few months ago that Gendry could actually be one of Cersei’s children with Robert. Therefore if Arya gets to kill Cersei she could killing her own mother in law which is my dream.

So Cersai had Gendry and sent him to live in the Red Keep, and Robert didn't question this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

So Cersai had Gendry and sent him to live in the Red Keep, and Robert didn't question this?
    Cersei had a dark haired child that died before she had Jaime's children so the theory is that Gendry is the child and he was swapped at birth for some reason. I don't buy it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone know what happened to babie the NK turned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

dave1982 wrote: »
    He's now a puddle of water.

Cersei had a dark haired child that died before she had Jaime's children so the theory is that Gendry is the child and he was swapped at birth for some reason. I don't buy it myself.

Maybe Robert was told it was a still-birth.

dave1982 wrote: »

I was really hoping for even one line with Gilly about whether or not her brothers uncles nephews would show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Daenerys becomes increasingly paranoid and unstable leading Jaime to kill her as he did her grandfather, the mad king.
    Jon ascends the throne as Aegon VI Targaryen and names Arya his Hand.
    Cersei is dragged into the throne room in chains by Brienne
    Arya sees the shade of Ned and quotes Joffrey, "..treason shall never go unpunished" then carries out the execution herself pointing out to Aegon, "she who passes the sentence should swing the sword". Thus the whole story turns full circle.

Or perhaps not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The child didn't just die - Cersei poisoned it because Robert was the father.

The Alt Shift X video is out. No real book spoilers or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd suggest avoiding social media lads if you don't want to be spoiled.....tonight's episode hasn't been leaked but someone has got a hold of it and is trying to tout it for money.

To prove their legitimacy they shared a key clip of the episode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement