Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kona UTE or Toddler Trailer?

Options
  • 28-08-2017 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

I’ve got an 18 month old and a 3 year old. What bike would you recommend for cycling the Great Western Greenway? We'll probably only do 1 or 2 sections

They both seem suitable, they would probably enjoy the 2 seater UTE more but the trailer seems the more sensible option in case the younger one doses off, plus they're protected in case it rains

Staying in Mulranny so I'm thinking Newport to Achill (shuttle back), rather than Mulranny to Achill and back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

i've a trailer for my 18 month old and he loves it, i tend to have it behind my hybrid and previously a cx bike.

looking at the ute, this suggests the 2 of them would be behind you, right? on that basis i'd definitely go trailer. bike will be far more stable and they'll have a better view than if they were stuck right behind you.

one suggestion on the greenway direction - if doing one way only maybe get the shuttle to achill and cycle back as the wind is usually blowing in from the atlantic.

Advertisement