Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Halawa Threads Are All Closed

Options
  • 28-08-2017 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭

First of all, sorry for asking in the wrong area, I wasn't aware of the direct feedback forum.

Is there any way to reopen one of the threads for discussion ahead of the planned release of the protagonist back to Ireland's shores?

The thread provided a lot of useful information, for me particularly in forming opinion, especially the links to the videos that are hard to find on youtube.
    A lot of this stuff will not be gleaned from the general media.

With no discussion on it, boards.ie is missing the opportunity to fulfil one of the services it does best, give voice to alternative viewpoints and a platform for uncomfortable facts that are often supressed.

I have no doubt there are headbangers on the threads but "mod" them out of it for acting up?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

from what I can see, the discussion in AH has been closed down but, in your post there you mention that there is a thread in Politics. An AH mod also advised that the material was better suited to Politics or Politics Cafe if a less restricted/structured discussion is wanted.

So, it is not a case of there being "no discussion" there just is not discussion in AH. have you tried starting a thread in the Politics Cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I'll wait it out, the trial outcome is postponed again so no need for the moment.
    Thanks Lolth

Advertisement