Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with eircom mail on iphone

Options
  • 28-08-2017 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Since last Thursday I've had problem accessing my eircom email on my phone
    I access it through the mail app and suddenly it's stopped working, my husband has had the same problem on his phone but is still able to access another email account he has that's not eircom.
    I keep getting this message " cannot verify server identity " and when I click on the details button it's says not trusted and gives an expiry date in 2019, clicking into further details gives me a load of info none of which I understand.
    Any idea what's gone wrong, someone said I should just delete the app and redownload but not sure, I'm not particularly tech savvy so don't want to botch it up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

Update
    Since posting this am I called into an Eir outlet where the guy deleted my account and reinstalled it and said it should be fine
    I've checked it since and it's still not working getting an error message stating "server not responding , check that correct a/c info has been entered" which I have and it is
    Email is working fine on computer and iPad so this is specific to my phone
    Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

NutmegGirl wrote: »
    Update
    Since posting this am I called into an Eir outlet where the guy deleted my account and reinstalled it and said it should be fine
    I've checked it since and it's still not working getting an error message stating "server not responding , check that correct a/c info has been entered" which I have and it is
    Any advice?
    Hi NutmegGirl, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

There is an issue with mails on iphones at present. We are currently working on this and hope to have it back up and running soon.

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

eir: Adam wrote: »
    NutmegGirl wrote: »
    Update
    Any advice?
    Hi NutmegGirl, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

There is an issue with mails on iphones at present. We are currently working on this and hope to have it back up and running soon.

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Adam 
    Sounds like could be same problem I had but with cheaper phone :-)

Thanks to Alun, I got sorted - Try webmail.eir.ie instead.

Thanks Adam
    Will try that Shar01 thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭kala85

I am having a problem with my phone and not receiving an emails either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭SeanSouth

I had the same problem yesterday and queued on EIR's  technical support line for 25 minutes.

The fix is very simple. Eir has changed the email account host to be webmail.eir.ie.This change was done last Thursday.

The path to make the change is Settings-Mail-Accounts. Within each mail account you change the host name to webmail.eir.ie.

I asked the technician why they hadnt publicised the change. He didnt know why !!

So what are the proper settings now for email and incoming and outgoing servers for email on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

webmail.eircom.net still exists and if entered in a browser will redirect to www.eir.ie/email for login and then on to webmail.eir.ie for the webmail interface.

webmail.eircom.net no longer has an SSL certificate associated with it, so won't work if you specify a secure SSL connection in your mail settings. It's possible that Apple sets this by default, which is why webmail.eircom.net no longer works when entering it as the address for incoming email in that case.

You have two choices, either keep a secure SSL connection and replace webmail.eircom.net with webmail.eir.ie, or change the connection to an insecure one and keep on using webmail.eircom.net. The first option is preferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Alun, 

Thank you for your assistance with this. 

Thanks, 
    Adam

Thanks Shar01 and SeanSouth, this has fixed my problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

Have mail on my iphone7 coming up cannot send mail . The connection to the server "http://mail1.eircom.net" failed additional outgoing mail servers can be configured in settings>mail,contacts, calendars
    Please help

jem wrote: »
    Have mail on my iphone7 coming up cannot send mail . The connection to the server "http://mail1.eircom.net" failed additional outgoing mail servers can be configured in settings>mail,contacts, calendars
    Please help

The settings have changed . Eircom changed the server names and settings. See above post earlier on in this thread for new settings.

Copied from earlier post in this thread.

The fix is very simple. Eir has changed the email account host to be webmail.eir.ie.This change was done last Thursday.

The path to make the change is Settings-Mail-Accounts. Within each mail account you change the host name to webmail.eir.ie.

That worked for me for incoming mail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

kala85 wrote: »
    Please help

The settings have changed .  Eircom changed the server names and settings. See above post earlier on in this thread for new settings.

Copied from earlier post in this thread.

That worked for me for incoming mail
    ya that worked for incomming ok but if I change the outgoing mail server to 
    mail1.eir.ie it goes into " Verifying" and stays there.

ya that worked for incomming ok but if I change the outgoing mail server to 
    mail1.eir.ie it goes into " Verifying" and stays there.

Don't know what's the story for outgoing mail

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Is there any solution to outgoing mail? The problem here is not the incoming mail but the outgoing. I cannot send any emails at all from my phone.

Eir, can you provide the support please?

I'm now having the same problem for the last few weeks
    After my initial post and getting my problem fixed, it worked fine for maybe a month or so, then all of a sudden can't send outgoing mail

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro

Yes Eircom is gone downhill big time.
    They dont have a solution and the customer care is not helpful.
    The easiest way to deal with this is to slowly migrate to gmail or similar and forget about eircom mail. Their set up is from the stone age anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Listowel Co. Kerry. No webmail since this morning, very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

mikehn wrote: »
    Listowel Co. Kerry. No webmail since this morning, very annoying.

Hi mikehn,

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I’m very sorry to hear about your experience you are having with the service.

If you contact our Tech Team at 1890260260 & 1901 (freephone) or via webchat by clicking on the link below they can assist you with this.

Alternatively, you can contact them at wmsupport@eir.ie from an alternate email address and they will be able to assist you also.

[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/techsupport/

Thanks,

Sarah
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

I’m getting this ‘Cannot verify server identity, The server mail1.eircom.net cannot be verified by mail’ message on iPhone X iOS 11, it’s going on for literally years! (Since my iPhone 6).
    It just popped up again twice as I’m typing this post.
    My outgoing doesn’t always send but incoming seems okay.
    I have my mail on auto probably should put it on manual but it doesn’t help if I forget to refresh my mail ��.
    Oh the misery ����

Any help here would be really appreciated as it’s a right pain in d’arse.

P.S. I’ve lost my password to my email so I can’t delete my email account to rectify it 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

The_Joker wrote: »
    I’m getting this ‘Cannot verify server identity, The server mail1.eircom.net cannot be verified by mail’ message on iPhone X iOS 11, it’s going on for literally years! (Since my iPhone 6).
    It just popped up again twice as I’m typing this post.
    My outgoing doesn’t always send but incoming seems okay.
    I have my mail on auto probably should put it on manual but it doesn’t help if I forget to refresh my mail ��.
    Oh the misery ����

Any help here would be really appreciated as it’s a right pain in d’arse.

P.S. I’ve lost my password to my email so I can’t delete my email account to rectify it 
    Hi The_Joker ,

If you contact our Tech Team at 1890260260 & 1901 (freephone) or via webchat by clicking on the link below they can assist you with this.

Alternatively, you can contact them at wmsupport@eir.ie from an alternate email address and they will be able to assist you also.

https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/techsupport/

Thanks,

Thomas

Advertisement