Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slimming World - II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

What's a choc shot? :confused:

This stuff
    https://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/shop/product/sweet-freedom-choc-shot-liquid-chocolate-60036260?skuid=036260&&&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&gclid=Cj0KCQiApbzhBRDKARIsAIvZue8YyUukTcchqkfhyKrY8FK4CVqWHWPQIEy_0E7MpyGDi0uhk7VEZ28aAshHEALw_wcB

Honestly I was sceptical as I’ve had horrid tasting things like this before but this is yum. Proper chocolate tasting, very rich. It’s like 1/2 syn a teaspoon and you don’t need much at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Might give it a go, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Going to start SW next week
    Add to some cycling and hoping to drop the weight finally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I joined SW over 4 years ago and lost 5.5 stone, I stopped going to class as I went back to work and had 3 kids, training everynight etc... I used to post on boards regularly at the time.

I've put on almost 2 stone since I've stopped going, I'd love to go back but I'm working full time so morning classes are out, Tuesday evenings when class is on I train U12 & U14 girls gaelic football.

Are any of ye doing it online? remembering from before anyone who did found it hard to keep motivated. I'm back eating what I remember from my classes, have a very physical job so always on the go. Doing dry January and would love to lose the 2 stone I've put on.

Sorry for rambling on, really loved the classes but it's impossible for me to get to them, even surrounding areas. Well done to you all, great motivation reading the past few pages.

Sorry for hijacking this thread. I joined SW over 4 years ago and lost 5.5 stone, I stopped going to class as I went back to work and had 3 kids, training everynight etc... I used to post on boards regularly at the time.

I've put on almost 2 stone since I've stopped going, I'd love to go back but I'm working full time so morning classes are out, Tuesday evenings when class is on I train U12 & U14 girls gaelic football.

Are any of ye doing it online? remembering from before anyone who did found it hard to keep motivated. I'm back eating what I remember from my classes, have a very physical job so always on the go. Doing dry January and would love to lose the 2 stone I've put on.

Sorry for rambling on, really loved the classes but it's impossible for me to get to them, even surrounding areas. Well done to you all, great motivation reading the past few pages.

I’ve done it from home and lost about 2 stone. It is hard to stay motivated tbh but if you can find a buddy or stick with an online thread or group like this it helps a lot. I can also say that a physicalfood diary is more successful for me than the slimming world digital one ( I hate their planner). If I was you I’d commit to getting to one starter class (arrange childcare or cover for training for that one night), get the new books and go from there. Add a diary from eBay or somewhere. I don’t find the online stuff helpful so I probably wouldn’t subscribe online unless I found the above wasn’t working

Compeltely in track so far today and only half a syn used. Saving syns for carefully counted carbonara later and a bit of chocolate with tv tonigbt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

hi guys looking to lose about 2 stone.having got very lazy and started eating and drinking alot of crap over last few months so am determined to lose what i put on and keep it that way.what is everyone eating and doing on a daily basis.i would like to see a daily/weekly plan if possible.thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

Did anyone get the recipes in yesterday’s paper & could perhaps scan & email them to me please. Away for the weekend & local shop had none. Thanks. I can return the compliment with today’s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

fmc3105 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the recipes in yesterday’s paper & could perhaps scan & email them to me please. Away for the weekend & local shop had none. Thanks. I can return the compliment with today’s.

I have it, I'm about to pop out so will pm you later!

I was actually thinking of starting up another thread for recipes, low syn finds & cooking tips...

• Advertisement

New thread set up! Feel free to add

Slimming World - Recipes, Syns & Cooking tips!
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057943593

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

New thread set up! Feel free to add

Slimming World - Recipes, Syns & Cooking tips!
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057943593

thank you for this

• Registered Users Posts: 33 RJellybean

Hi All

I joined slimming world today for the first time. Have a lot of weight to lose, I've already lost just under 3 stone just watching what i was eating but found that in December i plateaued and it really got me down. I put up 5lb pounds over Christmas so not too bad, it could have been a lot worse. I've joined online as i don't have the confidence (yet) to go to a group and stand on a scales in front of anyone. I'm hoping that being on boards will help me when I'm less motivated and give me a boost if having a bad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

https://www.aldi.ie/ambiano-2-in-1-air-fryer/p/087875263587900

What's the likelihood of this being any use? Only would be using it for chips tbh.

Bought it this evening - 30 mins for unpar boiled chips - turned out nicer than oven ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Heya! For my 2 weighs in's over christmas I gained 5 pounds in total and I'd say I'll be up another 2 or 3 tonight. Back on to being "on plan" today.
    Bit of a shock after 2 weeks off work where I just ate and drank every day!
    Looking forward to getting back on track. My next stop is my 5 stone award which I want to get before the end of February.
    I have goals put down for the year.
    One, being at 11 stone, (I started at 17 stone 12 and I'm around the 14 stone mark at the moment, my lowest was 12 stone 13 pounds in March 2018).
    I have goals set for the gym which I won't bore people about here.
    And my last goal is to get in to a size 12 pair of jeans next christmas. I know it's not all about size but for me it would mean that I've changed my body shape as I carry a good bit of weight around my middle. I started this in May 2015 wearing size 20/22 jeans and for New Years 2018 I wore a very skinny pair of size 14 jeans I felt amazing!
    Good luck to everyone over the next few weeks!

That’s amazing, I’m near your start weight so it’s so inspiring to read!

Another day on track here. The big difference this time (I’ve started multiple times before) is I’m committing to eating all my syns give or take one or two so I’m not feeling deprived. So far it’s pahkng off. I have snacks still to eat and they are within syns.

I did avoid lunch today, I still feel unsure and nervous about falling off the wagon. I’d like to have a full week done first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Im back after a long Xmas of eating and drinking I've put on 6 pounds,but back on track! Trip to Dublin meat company and batch cooked this morning,full of determination so fingers crossed it lasts and I have a good loss this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Has anyone moved from WW to SW or vice versa?

I did WW a few years ago and lost a lot of weight. I am now 3 stone heavier :( I have never done SW so am curious to learn of others' experiences.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did WW years ago and kept at it until I plateaued. Really found it difficult.

Started SW Nov 2017, will be three stone down by the end of January 2019.
    Main difference is I always seemed hungry on WW, not so on SW. In my first week i thought I must have been doing it wrong I was eating so much, but lost half a stone.

Even now, I would be the first to admit I still have numerous treats during the week, but am still ticking the weight down most weeks.

Went to my weigh in last night. I was up 1.5lbs. Back on it again and focusing on easter! Just 15 weeks away.
    I saw on a post on instagram last night:
    0.5lb per week = 7.5lbs
    1lb per week = 1st 1lb
    1.5lbs per week = 1st 8.5lbs
    2lbs per week = 2st 2lbs
    2.5lbs per week = 2st 9.5lbs

Seeing this I'd be happy with lost somewhere between 1.5 and 2lbs a week up until easter as this would help me achieve my 5 and a half stone award!

The little changes I made today was to use my little measuring cup to measure out my 1 tablespoon of ketchup for my breakfast and my tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce for my salad. (I always measure my cheese fro my HexA).

Also, for breakfast I always have poached eggs and 2 slices of slims wholemeal bread. I never used to have speed for breakfast. So last night I threw from frozen raspberries (S), strawberries (S) and pineapple on some natural yoghurt and left it in the fridge. It was lovely this morning and I'm honestly so much fuller going to work. Not that I was every hungry after my breakfast but I'd say this will get me straight to lunch break instead of snacking on my tea break and the temptation of the the usual cakes and biscuits that people bring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Going back tonight after a 5 week Christmas break. Going away this weekend and it's my birthday next week. Need to get back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I'm going away on 7th Feb.....I'm totally determined to have at least 1 stone gone by then.
    I know it sounds like a lot, but I've 4 weigh ins until then, and I know when I'm super strict and 100% on plan I can easily lose 3.5lb per week.

It's not toally sustainable though, as that's not eating out or having any drinks (they are my pitfalls, so I just have to avoid them when being really strict).

After my trip a lower more sustainable weekly loss will be the aim.

Best of luck everyone!

Shelli2 wrote: »
    I'm going away on 7th Feb.....I'm totally determined to have at least 1 stone gone by then.
    I know it sounds like a lot, but I've 4 weigh ins until then, and I know when I'm super strict and 100% on plan I can easily lose 3.5lb per week.

It's not toally sustainable though, as that's not eating out or having any drinks (they are my pitfalls, so I just have to avoid them when being really strict).

After my trip a lower more sustainable weekly loss will be the aim.

Best of luck everyone!

Shelli2, would you try flexi syns for your drinks etc on weekends?

Areas wrote: »
    Shelli2, would you try flexi syns for your drinks etc on weekends?

Yes. I normally do, and will again after my few weeks of strictness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Good luck to everybody for the New Year.

I'm a former target member.

I don't go to group anymore but still follow the plan as well as I can. I was as low as 10 pounds under target a few months ago but slipped back to 3 pounds under before Christmas.

I was abroad for Christmas and had always intended to "let myself go" and am now around 5 and a half pounds over target but back on plan since yesterday.

I think it's a great plan and would recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Up a pound over Xmas. Thank god it’s not worse... small changes obviously helping.

One week tomorrow. 6th day fully on plan and still motivated. I can’t actually weigh in until thursday evening though. I went on the Wednesday the first week because I was eating before behind and after me because ‘I’m about to start’ and didn’t want to do anymore damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm the opposite, went to the Thursday class last week but have to change to Wednesday now that the hols are over. Class was changed to a Friday the first week for Christmas so this will be my second WI on a 6-day week.

Hope scales is kind to me, really need the first few WIs to be positive to make myself stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Joined again this evening, two stone heavier than when I joined last January. Have about 4 stone to lose.
    I will definitely do the food diary this time and vary breakfasts/lunches. I think I was my own worst enemy by eating the same things and then getting sick of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,981 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I was up 3lbs, was delighted with that as it was 6 weeks since my last weigh in. The leader is very good which makes the whole plan alot easier. Best of luck everyone

Finding a class leader you click with is definately a big factor I think. My first leader a few years ago was brilliant, she unfotunately gave up being a leader as financially she needed to go back to full time work. I tried 4 other classes/leaders and just never got back into it until I found the current class I attend and the leader once again has made the difference.

The plan definately works if you follow it, but some people (and I'm one) just need that extra support that a good leader can give you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Joined again this evening, two stone heavier than when I joined last January. Have about 4 stone to lose. I will definitely do the food diary this time and vary breakfasts/lunches. I think I was my own worst enemy by eating the same things and then getting sick of it.

Welcome back! Thinking about getting sick of the same things -- Consider using syns to spice up & vary your main meals, rather than having a miserable time during the day in order to splurge on choccies etc in the evening. Well that's what i've done (almost 6 stone down in 8 months woo!), really helps things stopping getting boring :)

Something i never realised is that vegetables (like frozen from tesco) are delivered plain, so YOU can add spices! I just thought veggies were supposed to be boring :o

Hiyooooo! Hope y'all are doing well and getting back into the swing of things. Luckily managed to drop the holiday weight despite not really looking after myself (i'd end up skipping lunch or dessert and eating crisps/choccies instead) which I can only explain that it was lower calories overall? Also been keeping up walking 10K steps/day (which works out at roughly 1lb/week).

Just opened an Xmas present that was held by the post office and it's multiple boxes of chocolate, lol. Would've smashed it in December but I've put it in the back of the cupboard for now! Hoping to get my 6 stone award next week :)

My consultant asked me to write a piece for the Galway Advertiser today!
    I'm a bit nervous about it but also excited, if it helps one person the way slimming world helped me I'd be delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Areas wrote: »
    My consultant asked me to write a piece for the Galway Advertiser today!
    I'm a bit nervous about it but also excited, if it helps one person the way slimming world helped me I'd be delighted!

Congrats Areas! That's fantastic, and if your posts here are anything to go by it'll be a great read!

Down 3.5lb Delighted!

Has anyone tried Lo Dough for their SW Pizzas? 2 syns for the base....

Just confirmed with Lo Dough and Dublin Meat Company & Kerrigans stock it in Ireland.

Has anyone tried Lo Dough for their SW Pizzas? 2 syns for the base....

Just confirmed with Lo Dough and Dublin Meat Company & Kerrigans stock it in Ireland.

I tried it about a year ago, didn't re-order. It was grand but not for me... It was like eating a spongey wrap. Didn't help that my boyfriend was sitting beside me eating a real pizza!

If you want an on-plan pizza you can use wholemeal bread mix as the base which can be your HexB - https://basementbakehouse.com/2016/04/syn-free-hexb-pizza-slimming-world/ (Link in recipes thread too!)

I tried it about a year ago, didn't re-order. It was grand but not for me... It was like eating a spongey wrap. Didn't help that my boyfriend was sitting beside me eating a real pizza!

If you want an on-plan pizza you can use wholemeal bread mix as the base which can be your HexB - https://basementbakehouse.com/2016/04/syn-free-hexb-pizza-slimming-world/ (Link in recipes thread too!)

Hello Saturdays dinner!!

We normally use Fitzgeralds Multigrain Wrap... I find the base too thin but it's handy!

Hello Saturdays dinner!!

We normally use Fitzgeralds Multigrain Wrap... I find the base too thin but it's handy!

That is an older link, you now have 2 HexA so you can be a bit more generous with the cheese!

• Advertisement

That is an older link, you now have 2 HexA so you can be a bit more generous with the cheese!

So herself mentioned (she's in SW, I just cook the SW meals and eat them:pac:).

-5lbs this week. Good start. Long way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gingerlaughter

Hi guys!

First time poster so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.

I've recently found out I'm intolerant to gluten and dairy and I'm wondering would it rule me out or following the Slimming world plan? Are there HexA and B allowances for gluten and dairy free items?

Again apologies if I'm in the wrong place. Mod, feel free to delete if so!

Hi guys!

First time poster so forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.

I've recently found out I'm intolerant to gluten and dairy and I'm wondering would it rule me out or following the Slimming world plan? Are there HexA and B allowances for gluten and dairy free items?

Again apologies if I'm in the wrong place. Mod, feel free to delete if so!

There is allowances for both! & if I'm remembering correctly, the allowances are more generous... the SW plan covers all bases.

If you are on Instagram search gluten free slimming world & Dairy free slimming world for ideas... & look up slim with pippa, she is a leader that is GF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I have so much to learn! I had a breakfast of two weetabix, a muller light vanilla yoghurt (now synned, booo!) and banana and a fistful of blueberries.
    I was hungry about 90 minutes later but that was my hex b used. Thought it would be more filling.
    Madea pot of knorr veg soup which has 13 syns in total. Dinner was already going to be synful so wish I had checked the soup beforehand. Two waffles, breaded fish and mixed frozen veg.

Took the day to myself and got prepped for the week.
    It feels good to have a routine back.

I have egg muffins and beans for breakfast break in work, but I might just have fruit tomorrow depending on how I feel, as I had eggs twice today.
    Lunches will be toasties, using my hexB & 1hexA and speedy soup - god bless the soup maker.
    I have campfire stew prepped in the slow cooker to cook while I'm in work tomorrow, that will do Monday and Tuesday.

I'm aiming to come in 8syns or under each day.

• Advertisement

Planning is so important! Picked up an omelette maker which I’m excited to try out tomorrow at breakfast.

If possible I try to have breakfast without my HEB to save it for later unless I’m having baked oats or porridge or similar. Weetabix just doesn’t keep me all that full! I find omelettes or frittata are great for the morning. Or even scrambled egg in a cup in the microwave with some beans. At the weekend though I like my bread allowance with SW friendly fry up breakfast

Third week of the rest of my life starting tomorrow. Still very positive and upbeat

Has anyone tried Lo Dough for their SW Pizzas? 2 syns for the base.... Just confirmed with Lo Dough and Dublin Meat Company & Kerrigans stock it in Ireland.

Yep! It's what I've been using to make SW Pizza since joining, currently have two boxes in the apt. Useless as a wrap or fried, but way way better as a pizza base! Posted on the SW recipe thread if u wanna gander at it :)

Made a pot of knorr veg soup which has 13 syns in total.

It's insane, isn't it?! It's soup! It's supposed to be healthy! Tis the cream in it. SW is definitely a learning experience, where you find out things you expect to be healthy are actually high-calorie. I felt almost betrayed when i found out that tesco meal deal wraps were 22.5 syns.....BEFORE the crisps! Food companies don't care if you're trying to losing weight, just that it's tasty, so you'll have it again. Ah sure, you know now and won't forget, that's an invaluable lesson! Keep kicking butt :)

Picked up an omelette maker in aldi after reading so many reviews of it on slimming world with aldi. Made baked oats in it this morning. Slightly different texture to the oven but a lot quicker at jut 15 minutes with the added bonus of it sliding easily out and minimising cleaning! Omelette for lunch or dinner I think to see what it’s like

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Scribbler100

Am getting back into the routine again, Christmas was great fun, had some splurges and good nights out. Gained 1lb at weigh-in between Christmas and New Year but shed 2lbs last week. I did find that if I over-indulged with fatty or sugary foods I felt ghastly for the next day or two. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat non-SW scampi and chips again, it left my body craving fresh fruit, veggies and salad and loads of water for the next couple of days. This worked as a kind of damage-limitation over the festivities. Got a fair bit of walking in too which may have helped.

Let things go a bit this weekend (red wine and cheese, my strongest temptation) so am going to up the speed foods big time for the next couple of days. The new thread for SW recipes and cooking tips is brilliant, great inspiration to be had there, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement