Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slimming World - II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I was being so good and f'ed up royally last night, 50+ syns, so annoyed at myself. Hard to bother caring if you're doing everything right today when you've undone so much good work.

Really trying to draw a line under it but the pity party is winning at the mo.
    Can I join your pity party?? I put on 11lb over Christmas, I has lost 7lb but wi yesterday I put on 1lb and it destroyed me. I was so so upset and had a pity party alllll day. I had an event on Friday and ate a bit too much dinner at it but thought I had pulled it back but clearly now. Ate lots of crap and just felt sorry for myself all day. Hoping for a good week but like that I do wonder 'what's the point and wtf is it so hard??' :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I was up a half yesterday, I know its only a half pound but I wont lie, I was disappointed... So much that I went home & demolished chipper chips & 3 massive slices of super cheesey pizza.

I was on plan 90% of the week.
    I think Wed & Thurs fecked me up tho, I reckon I didn't eat enough. I was out of my normal routine, relocating from one warehouse in work to a new warehouse, there was no canteen facility so I was surviving on take away coffee, HiFi bars & a packet of ham each day. I've had weeks where I've eaten way more & had losses.

Back on plan now, drawing a line under it as they say.

Was eating a handful of one of the kids chipper chips the other night and I got a text from my sw group leader.... I didn't eat any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was eating a handful of one of the kids chipper chips the other night and I got a text from my sw group leader.... I didn't eat any more

I wish I had stopped after a handful! I woke in the middle of the night with heartburn... It always happens when I'm on plan & I have a dirty cheat meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Don't be too disheartened, just try to remember that if you weren't doing the SW plan you could be eating like that all the time and just getting bigger and bigger.
    Slow progress is better than no progress (or goign backwards!)

I'm fully expecting a small gain this week and I'm kicking myself. But I'm just going to take consolation in the fact that I pulled it back and stopped it from being even worse, and try to use that as motivation for next week to do better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Anyone know how much the books are? I forgot to look this week

Specifically:
    Fakeaway
    Free food feasts
    Little book of soups
    Curry club

(I’m eyeing a few online, not sure if they are even current)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Have a look at the new February offer that has a free book with it, buy a 12 week countdown in Feb and you get a Fab Free Food book. I had a look and it looked great.

Think it's on til 4th March or something like that.

Have a look at the new February offer that has a free book with it, buy a 12 week countdown in Feb and you get a Fab Free Food book. I had a look and it looked great.

Think it's on til 4th March or something like that.

Yeah defo doing that. I’m hoping to hit my stone award next week though and might get a book as a treat. Just have no idea what I’d need to budget

Missed out the eBay auction anyways. Though didn’t try v hard as don’t know what they’re worth

Really struggling today. I have to weigh in early by a day so definitely no stone award possible this week but it’s my four year olds birthday today. I was suuuper good and only ate sandwiches I had prepped (be good bread etc) and one sodding cupcake. Ran the numbers there because I’m really feeling deprived and I’m at 27. 7 over even though I was careful. And I’ve no syns left to deal with the cravings and no bananas or berries left coz I’m due to do the weekly shop. Grrr

Edit: sucked it up and cooked free stirfry and sw chips. And have a chopped banana and strawberry freezing for myself for nibbling on for the evening. Going to bed with the boys at 730

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Went way over my syns this weekend... eventually stopped counting. But I have took up running again (I did 2 5ks last week) so hopefully that'll help it. I feel really stupid now doing that. One of the days was OK as I had banked a good few up.. so only went over maybe 2. Last night I had way more than 25 syns. Prob closer to 50. Going to cut right back today and try go syn free. Eugh.

never_mind wrote: »
    Went way over my syns this weekend... eventually stopped counting. But I have took up running again (I did 2 5ks last week) so hopefully that'll help it. I feel really stupid now doing that. One of the days was OK as I had banked a good few up.. so only went over maybe 2. Last night I had way more than 25 syns. Prob closer to 50. Going to cut right back today and try go syn free. Eugh.

Don't beat yourself up, everyone had days like that. In fact, I think we NEED days like that. Life is for living!
    You've at least recognised it and are making up for it over the next few days, that's probably very different to before Slimming World right?

Well done on the running, I'd love to be able to run, I keep starting the couch-2-5k, but I never seem to stick at it. I'm desperately lazy when it comes to exercising.

I should really start working on getting my body magic awards.

• Advertisement

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Don't beat yourself up, everyone had days like that. In fact, I think we NEED days like that. Life is for living!
    You've at least recognised it and are making up for it over the next few days, that's probably very different to before Slimming World right?

Well done on the running, I'd love to be able to run, I keep starting the couch-2-5k, but I never seem to stick at it. I'm desperately lazy when it comes to exercising.

I should really start working on getting my body magic awards.

What I did and it definitely worked was doing a run for charity and plastering it all over my Facebook. So every week I'd say what my training plan was and put up the gofundme and then did an actual race. I went from 5k to 10k to a half marathon in prob around 9 months doing this. I wouldn't be able to do that now but I am starting again!

Going to keep the head down now for the rest of the week! No more nonsense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

Maintain this week. But I'm OK with that.
    I had a great Mon-Fri last week and then on Saturday I went out and had about 5/6 vodkas and then himself put on a pizza and chicken burger.
    I was back on plan then again on Sunday when I got home.
    I just need to be more prepared for the weekends.
    No fizzy drinks this week.
    Yesterday I didn't have nay so I'm happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

It's ages since I posted here. I was on holiday for the last 3 weeks (sounds great, but that's the end of my holidays for 2019!) and before that I had a very enjoyable Christmas. Thoroughly enjoyed both, made good choices where I could and when I wanted to. And enjoyed every bad decision I made.

Weighed myself for the first time in weeks on Thursday and while it wasn't pretty, I do think quite a bit of my gain was water weight or bloating or something as it seems to be coming off pretty quickly based on my weigh in this morning. I have 11 pounds to get to my target, at my lowest I was only 2 pounds from target. I'm feeling very very motivated at the moment. I feel like I've gone back to how I felt at the start of SW. I'm still following the plan myself, I don't feel like I need to go back to group yet, but it's good to know it's there if I'm struggling to stay motivated.

Love the help and advice in this thread and really enjoying the SW recipe thread so thanks for setting that up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

4.5 stone down with SW. I usually weigh Wednesdays.

Docs called today to say I need to lose 12lbs in the next four weeks in order to have a necessary surgery. So I'm gonna weigh tonight in another group to see exactly where I stand, as the 12lbs is based on my last weigh in two weeks ago.

So we'll see where I stand, and then I guess it's a month of SP!

Please throw SP meals ideas at me! I usually just have Bolognese, curries and chillis replacing the carb options with veg but I'll get super bored with 4 weeks of that :pac:

Docs called today to say I need to lose 12lbs in the next four weeks in order to have a necessary surgery. So I'm gonna weigh tonight in another group to see exactly where I stand, as the 12lbs is based on my last weigh in two weeks ago.

Please throw SP meals ideas at me! I usually just have Bolognese, curries and chillis replacing the carb options with veg but I'll get super bored with 4 weeks of that :pac:

I used cauliflower rice instead of rice in a Chinese style dish last week. A good dash of soy sauce with garlic and ginger through it and I really liked it. Meant it was totally carb free for me

I used cauliflower rice instead of rice in a Chinese style dish last week. A good dash of soy sauce with garlic and ginger through it and I really liked it. Meant it was totally carb free for me

I use cauliflower rice for everything, I love it :D

I'll look into Chinese style food, it's not something I usually eat! I make my own syn-free curry powder so I don't even use Mayflower (though that's not really Chinese style anyway!). :pac:

I use cauliflower rice for everything, I love it :D

I'll look into Chinese style food, it's not something I usually eat! I make my own syn-free curry powder so I don't even use Mayflower (though that's not really Chinese style anyway!). :pac:

I don’t tend to follow particular cuisine per se but like you do curry powder up myself. What Id refer to as Chinese style would be lots of stir fried veg and chicken with soy sauce, ginger and garlic as staples. Noodles or rice as a side. So for SP I’d be replacing that with cauiflower rice now. Maybe a bit of hoisin then or other sauces for a extra kick of flavor. My husband is allergic to shellfish so we don’t do oyster or fish sauce in our house and a lot of the recipes for ‘proper’ dishes seem to have them in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I'm not doing SW right now but still lurking in this thread.

On the subject of Chinese Meals, I did adapt a Jamie Oliver recipe for sweet and sour that I love and is super easy. I always make it with prawns but I guess you could put it on whatever you like.

I can type it up if anyone is interested?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SozBbz wrote: »

On the subject of Chinese Meals, I did adapt a Jamie Oliver recipe for sweet and sour that I love and is super easy. I always make it with prawns but I guess you could put it on whatever you like.

I'd definitely be interested in that. Love prawns.

I'm home from work sick. Fridge has never opened & closed so much...
    So far I'm on plan, picking on ham, beetroot, gherkins & hard boiled eggs. I had a disaster of a weekend so I cant afford to steer off plan. I weigh Thursday, at this stage I am aiming for a maintain & really hoping to loose the half pound I gained last week.

• Advertisement

Deffo pop it in the Recipes thread! https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057943593&page=3

Penn wrote: »
    I'd definitely be interested in that. Love prawns.

Excellent!

You will need
    - Pineapple (Jamie Oliver says fresh, but mostly I used tinned chunks)
    - Red/Yellow/Orange peppers
    - Any other veg you like

-Prawns (or other protien)
    -1 fresh chilli (finely chopped)
    -2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
    -1 inch of fresh ginger (grated)

For the sauce.
    Pineapple Juice (fresh/unsweetened preferably, but this is hard to find). I tend to use the juice from the tinned pineapple above)
    2 Tbsps of Soy Sauce
    1 Tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar
    1 Tsp of corn flour

Start by stirfrying the pineapple and peppers (and other veg) for about 5 mins. In that time, mix your prawns, chilli, garlic and ginger together in a bowl. Seperately mix together the ingrediants for the sauce and set aside.

Once the veg is sufficiently cooked, push to the side and add the pawns, garlic, ginger and chilli to the wok and fry for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Finally, add the sauce and cook on high for 2-3 minutes until it begins to bubble. At that point you're done, simply remove from the heat and serve with rice or cauliflour rice.

Here is the original JO recipe - I've not deviated too much, just removed oil and used frylight instead. The only thing to syn is the cornflour but its minimal. Technically you should probably syn the pineapple and juice as they're cooked, but I only ever counted 0.5 syns for the recipie and it never affected my losses. Its very low in calories, even when made to Jamies specifications!

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/seafood-recipes/szechuan-sweet-sour-prawns/

Tinned pineapple is 2 Syns per 100g. (In juice)
    3syns per 100g if it's in syrup

Tinned pineapple is 2 Syns per 100g. (In juice)
    3syns per 100g if it's in syrup

You use pineapple in juice for this recipe, not syrup.

You use pineapple in juice for this recipe, not syrup.

Pineapple juice is syned - 2.5 per 100ml!

I love sweet & Sour, I make the one from the SW website all the time. Even my boyfriend who can sometimes be resistant to slimming world likes it!

Serves: 4
    Syns per serving:1½
    Freezer friendly
    goes well with chicken, pork, vegetable, noodles or rice.

Ingredients
    110g can pineapple in juice, chopped into chunks
    5 tbsp vegetable stock
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tbsp white wine vinegar
    4 tbsp orange juice
    1 tsp sweetener
    1 tbsp tomato purée
    2 tbsp very finely diced red pepper
    2 level tsp cornflour
    Method
    Place the pineapple chunks and juice into a pan with the stock, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, sweetener, tomato purée and red pepper.
    Bring to the boil and simmer gently. Mix the cornflour with 2 teaspoons of water until smooth and stir into sauce. Simmer for a few more minutes and serve.

Weighed yesterday instead of today and managed 3.5 off :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Down 2 and a 1/2 and slimmer of the week. Very pleased. 9 pounds down since the start of the year. Would love the 4th stone gone by the end of March. Hopefully.

I just ordered a treadmill, Bodymagic while binge watching Netflix here I come!!

I had my comfort food favourite today, campfire stew and mash. Perfect for the cold weather.

Found a new favourite breakfast.
    A slice of boxty, 2 poached eggs and a side bowl of melon.
    Bought the microwave egg poacher in Heatons and it's perfect for work, I didn't even no d walking by the full fee buffet ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Down 2 and a 1/2 and slimmer of the week. Very pleased. 9 pounds down since the start of the year. Would love the 4th stone gone by the end of March. Hopefully.

Wow, fair play! Losing in December or January is difficult, they're bad times of year to try lose weight.

Congrats! How much til your 4 stone award? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Congrats! How much til your 4 stone award? :)
    11 and a 1/2 pounds, but a new first number is 4 pounds away, so I will work towards that first.
    I know it's psychological, but putting the old first numbers behind me and moving into a new stone always gives me a boost.

Up a half weighing in a day early because I would miss my normal meeting. Fairly devastated tbh as it’s the first week I’ve felt super deprived because I saved for and was was super good at my four year olds birthday party. Could be a myriad of things, possibly ‘saving’ just didn’t work but still sucks to see the first gain on the scales. 10.5lbs off in January though. Need to try and look on the bright side

Up a half weighing in a day early because I would miss my normal meeting. Fairly devastated tbh as it’s the first week I’ve felt super deprived because I saved for and was was super good at my four year olds birthday party. Could be a myriad of things, possibly ‘saving’ just didn’t work but still sucks to see the first gain on the scales. 10.5lbs off in January though. Need to try and look on the bright side

That's pretty much a stone off in January!! That is absolutely amazing... Over 2 pounds a week. I dunno, I would think a half a pound is more than likely water and would say you maintained more than gained.. don't be hard on yoruself!

I got my half-stone award! I was very happy. I still have another 1.5 stone to lose to get to my targed (only have 2 stone to lose in total) and I will be happy once I get there. Finding it hard this week to go run with the weather being so bad. Hopefully over the weekend I will be able to get back to it!

10.5lb in a month is incredible work! You'd need sunglasses to look at that bright side :D

Lol thanks guys. Today is better and I’m still very determined. I’m going to do my best to associate it with time rather than numbers so I’m celebrating my first month on plan today and I’m very happy with my progress.

I have about 5 stone to go so the losses are bigger now, I know they will slow down closer to target hopefully next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I only lost 1/2 a pound this week so fairly raging.
    I feel sluggish too but time of the month (soz, tmi!) due in the next day or so. So hopefully that's the reason. I was on plan technically, but some of the days I would have a late dinner and then rather than a third speed I might just have extra rice instead so that would have been a factor.
    I'm also not really using my healthy extra B so may have to try and eat more during work.

Typical breakfast (around 10.30): Muller light with 1 banana and handful of blueberries
    Lunch (around 13.30): Baked potato with cheese, scallion and ham, side salad (with dressing) and coleslaw
    Dinner (around 8pm): Spag Bol with speed in the sauce and pasta

I was on plan technically, but some of the days I would have a late dinner and then rather than a third speed I might just have extra rice instead so that would have been a factor.
    I'm also not really using my healthy extra B so may have to try and eat more during work.

This is probably the issue. Rice etc is actually quite high in calories so substituting speed for rice/pasta etc could make meal that was 500 calories be more like 700/800 for what looks like a similar plate of food.

Having 1/3 speed is really how SW works.

Also, counting your speed purely from the veg etc that goes into your sauces is also tricky. Like its not wrong technically but its harder to ensure you're really got 1/3rd.

I think the SW plan is great but you really have to be calorie aware also. I'm not suggesting counting calories all day every day, but even if you knew how many calories (roughly) are in portions of rice/pasta/potatos it would make you think!

This is probably the issue. Rice etc is actually quite high in calories so substituting speed for rice/pasta etc could make meal that was 500 calories be more like 700/800 for what looks like a similar plate of food.

Having 1/3 speed is really how SW works.

Also, counting your speed purely from the veg etc that goes into your sauces is also tricky. Like its not wrong technically but its harder to ensure you're really got 1/3rd.

I think the SW plan is great but you really have to be calorie aware also. I'm not suggesting counting calories all day every day, but even if you knew how many calories (roughly) are in portions of rice/pasta/potatos it would make you think!

Absolutely. I think the issue for me is, I get hoe from work at around 5.15 but my bf who is currently doing overtime get home around 7.30, so by the time dinner comes around I'm starving and making bad choices.
    I've decided when I get home I will have a bowl of HexB Weetabix or a ham and veg sandwich to avoid this.

On the plus side, I bought a raffle ticket (normally never bother) and won1 Had a choice between two of the recipe books, so that was nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

I love pinch of nom diet coke chicken with cauliflower rice

Carrot chips are lovely with tesco roast potato seasoning(synned but low) and it's nice on butternut squash too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Maintained last week and this week. Pretty fed up TBH, had a good week and exercised 4 times. Put on 11lb over Christmas and have lost 7lb but hoped to get back into the 12 stone bracket. Just frustrated. I am just back to work after maternity leave and have a cold so lots in my head. Picking myself up and starting again.

Thanks for the support, reading others posts always helps.

• Advertisement

I'm really hoping for a good loss this week, I weigh on Saturday AM, but although I have been 100% on plan I'm just not feeling it. It is just before my 'star' week, so i'm hoping that's what I'm feeling. (Although even when typing this, and being honest with myself, I know I over synned on Sat night - not hugely, but still)

I've also ordered a little treat for myself of a food diary from Etsy, I like writing and planning, but I'm not mad on the food diary sheets or the layout of the 6week book with the new packs.

I'm off on hols from next Thursday to Sunday, Germany - land of beer and sausages - it's a group holiday with plenty of partying planned.
    I'm not going to be able to stick to plan 100%, it will just be a case of making good choices. Like staying away from the beer and picking the best choices possible while out eating.
    I'm going to shop after class on Saturday and do SP up to Wednesday, and save syns! Hoping to limit damage in advance.

I feel sluggish too but time of the month (soz, tmi!) due in the next day or so. So hopefully that's the reason. I was on plan technically, but some of the days I would have a late dinner and then rather than a third speed I might just have extra rice instead so that would have been a factor.

Typical breakfast (around 10.30): Muller light with 1 banana and handful of blueberries
    Lunch (around 13.30): Baked potato with cheese, scallion and ham, side salad (with dressing) and coleslaw

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism? I'm honestly just wanting to help, I promise :)

If you're having extra rice instead of speed, that's far more calories as mentioned, which will result in smaller losses or even gains. That's why we have 1/3 speed, it's purely to reduce calories, because it's replacing calorific carbs.

With your Bolognese, try have more speed other than the sauce. Again, the idea is to replace carbs with speed, as opposed to lumping it on top of the carbs if you get me?

Either way, half off is fantastic! Try have your B for fibre to keep you regular (sorry, TMI!) and replace carbs with speed rather than adding speed.

Sounds like you're pretty spot on though anyway :)

Non-scale victory today. We had a staff meeting and my boss whips out several pizzas, tubes of Pringles and vodka. I had one vodka and diet Coke within my syn allowance, and an apple. I bloody love pizza and Pringles but I went home and had a SW burger, butternut squash and carrots instead :D

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism? I'm honestly just wanting to help, I promise :)

If you're having extra rice instead of speed, that's far more calories as mentioned, which will result in smaller losses or even gains. That's why we have 1/3 speed, it's purely to reduce calories, because it's replacing calorific carbs.

With your Bolognese, try have more speed other than the sauce. Again, the idea is to replace carbs with speed, as opposed to lumping it on top of the carbs if you get me?

Either way, half off is fantastic! Try have your B for fibre to keep you regular (sorry, TMI!) and replace carbs with speed rather than adding speed.

Sounds like you're pretty spot on though anyway :)

Non-scale victory today. We had a staff meeting and my boss whips out several pizzas, tubes of Pringles and vodka. I had one vodka and diet Coke within my syn allowance, and an apple. I bloody love pizza and Pringles but I went home and had a SW burger, butternut squash and carrots instead :D

Thank you for this! Honestly I was hoping someone might constructively criticize cos I’m still getting into the swing of things.
    Tonights dinner was a chicken curry made with the Mc Donnells Slimmers so I give that about 5 syns. I use 250ml water and it says 3.5 per 100ml and I have half. Speed in the sauce but made up a side of spinach, tomato, cucumber and sweetcorn. And will definitely start taking my Hex B. Thanks again!

Massive congratulations on your non-scale victory!

As an aside, does anyone know if the Sharwoods Hot Curry Powder is free?
    In group last week they had the Medium and said free, but even on the app it only says Medium. Wondering if the Hot has any cos I use a tbsp in my curries.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

As others have said, definitely start using your HexB. You mentioned having Weetabix when you get home from work which sounds like a good plan as you must be starving not eating from 1.30 to 8.

You could also do some batch cooking this weekend and freeze dinners to have during the week. Whatever you're making for dinner tomorrow, make double and freeze half of it. Do the same on Sunday. That way you have dinners taken care of for two nights this week. Pack them with speed and you won't find yourself reaching for double helpings of pasta (no judgement on that by the way, I'm a divil for it myself!!). So if you're having spag bol, you'll have speed in the sauce with tomatoes, but also you can have onions, garlic, mushrooms, grated carrot, spinach, all sorts of lovely stuff mixed in with your meat to bring you well over the 1/3 speed.

Above all, don't be too hard on yourself. You might be feeling a bit down, but you still lost 1/2 pound this week. That's nothing to be sneezed at!

As an aside, does anyone know if the Sharwoods Hot Curry Powder is free?
    In group last week they had the Medium and said free, but even on the app it only says Medium. Wondering if the Hot has any cos I use a tbsp in my curries.

I'm possibly getting thrown because of the brand, but I alwasy counted any curry powder as free. By that I mean an actual curry powder thats a cooking ingredient, not mayflower or mcdonalds curry sauces in their powdered form.

I just buy the tesco own brand stuff and Id swtich between the medium and the hot depending on what I'm cooking. Actually I think hot is great if you can handle it because spice is helpful to weightloss.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255769270

if its just a branded version of this, I'm sure its fine.

What you have to watch for is things like pre mixed flavours, such as maybe a periperi mix or fajita spice kits. They can have all sorts of things added that can count as syns. If you buy the individual spices and mix them yourself, you'll be grand.

Excellent!

You will need
    - Pineapple (Jamie Oliver says fresh, but mostly I used tinned chunks)
    - Red/Yellow/Orange peppers
    - Any other veg you like

-Prawns (or other protien)
    -1 fresh chilli (finely chopped)
    -2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
    -1 inch of fresh ginger (grated)

For the sauce.
    Pineapple Juice (fresh/unsweetened preferably, but this is hard to find). I tend to use the juice from the tinned pineapple above)
    2 Tbsps of Soy Sauce
    1 Tbsp of Rice Wine Vinegar
    1 Tsp of corn flour

Start by stirfrying the pineapple and peppers (and other veg) for about 5 mins. In that time, mix your prawns, chilli, garlic and ginger together in a bowl. Seperately mix together the ingrediants for the sauce and set aside.

Once the veg is sufficiently cooked, push to the side and add the pawns, garlic, ginger and chilli to the wok and fry for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Finally, add the sauce and cook on high for 2-3 minutes until it begins to bubble. At that point you're done, simply remove from the heat and serve with rice or cauliflour rice.

Here is the original JO recipe - I've not deviated too much, just removed oil and used frylight instead. The only thing to syn is the cornflour but its minimal. Technically you should probably syn the pineapple and juice as they're cooked, but I only ever counted 0.5 syns for the recipie and it never affected my losses. Its very low in calories, even when made to Jamies specifications!

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/seafood-recipes/szechuan-sweet-sour-prawns/

Mate... Yum... F*cking yum...! That was delicious!

That's going in the meal rotation :D. Thanks!

0.5lb gain.
    Not gonna lie, I'm totally gutted with today's weigh. I've been on plan all week. A small loss would have even been disappointing, but a gain is just horrendous. It is my 'star' week, so I know that would affect me......but still, a bloody gain!!! I'm raging. 😡

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

0.5lb gain.
    Not gonna lie, I'm totally gutted with today's weigh. I've been on plan all week. A small loss would have even been disappointing, but a gain is just horrendous. It is my 'star' week, so I know that would affect me......but still, a bloody gain!!! I'm raging. 😡

It’s just water retention and bloatedness. Hard work won’t go unrewarded! Keep going!! :)

0.5lb gain.

I know how you feel, that was me on Wednesday and it completely and utterly sucks. Try and turn it around for yourself to being totally on the bandwagon this week. Look at your last months loss and see that figure, not today’s. It’s pants tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

omg completely lost the run of myself this week! Between bagels and biscuits!!!!
    The only thing that might save me on the scales is I have been feeding my son an awful lot today so fingers crossed breastfeeding really does burn up lots of calories!!!!
    Tomorrow I am back on it!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement